• Oct 31st, 2020 9:28 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2553 posts
3291 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Amazon.ca] GOTRAX XR Ultra Folding Commuting Electric Scooter •• $361.27 ••

I have the Xiaomi M365 myself, pretty fun to scoot around through parks, trails.

MXFS974H (Coupon Code to get extra $104.72 off bringing total to $361.27+tax)

Technology & Features:

The XR ULTRA electric scooter is crafted with a sleek, wireless design so you arrive in seamless style, every time. But you’re not trading in durability and function for style - the XR ULTRA electric scooter comes with a fortified frame and specially designed features.
The lightweight frame and foldable design is perfect if you need to store on a train, bus, office, elevator, or need to climb up a few flights of stairs.

Specifications:
Mile Range: 18 mile / 28.8 km (Actual performance will be affected by user's weight, road)
Motor: 300W high-speed brushless gear motors
Battery: LG 36V 7.0 Ah li-ion
Charging Time: 4 hours
Climbing Capacity: 15˚
Frame Materials: Aluminum Alloy
Tires Materials: Air-filled Rubber
Wheels: 8.5inch
Max Load: 220lbs/100 kg
Brakes: Disc braking and anti-lock braking system
Net Weight: 27.5lb
Notice: This bike arrives 98% assembled, you still have to finish assembly by yourself or ask for assembly service.
Product Dimensions: 43.7*17*41inch/ 111.1*43.2*106.7 cm

Package Include:
1*Electric Scooter
1*Approved Power Adapter
1*Allen Wrench
1*Tire Pump Extender
1*Safety Pin
1*User Manual
38 replies
Dec 9, 2016
291 posts
169 upvotes
Thx op got one i already got a ebike but this will just complete my setup of also planning to get escooter with the seat
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1331 posts
206 upvotes
Thanks OP, anyone know how does the battery of this hold up in winter and over time.
True RFD spirit, care about every PENNY.

"The tooth fairy teaches children that they can sell body parts for money."
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2553 posts
3291 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
tempta wrote: Thanks OP, anyone know how does the battery of this hold up in winter and over time.
I've owned my M365 for 2 years now, battery is still good on it, can't really speak on battery for this one, but probably similar.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10637 posts
4997 upvotes
Not bad, was just looking for a christmas gift this will do for him.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Dec 15, 2012
647 posts
366 upvotes
Toronto
How’s this one compared to the elite one earlier?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3252 posts
4409 upvotes
BC
Just a heads up the after-sales support seems to be really poor or non existent. I'm in a gotrax Facebook group and there are tons of complaints. I have the elite and it's been pretty good so far so hopefully nothing happens. Their scooters only come with a 90 day warranty.
misterlamed wrote: How’s this one compared to the elite one earlier?
The elite has a larger battery and reflectors, and feels more sturdy with the battery in the deck instead of the stem. The ultra has an LG battery while the elite is unbranded.

I think given the price gap (elite was ~$500 all-in) the ultra is the better buy.
Mar 2, 2005
828 posts
268 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: Just a heads up the after-sales support seems to be really poor or non existent. I'm in a gotrax Facebook group and there are tons of complaints. I have the elite and it's been pretty good so far so hopefully nothing happens. Their scooters only come with a 90 day warranty.

The elite has a larger battery and reflectors, and feels more sturdy with the battery in the deck instead of the stem. The ultra has an LG battery while the elite is unbranded.

I think given the price gap (elite was ~$500 all-in) the ultra is the better buy.
I'm a big guy @ 250lbs and the Elite works really well and is solid! plus the wider deck helps for stability for me. I can easily get the Elite up to 15 miles per hour on a flat roadway.
Dec 6, 2017
963 posts
502 upvotes
Manitoba
Oh man....here we go *flipflopping* again. :P
one more deal and I'm out * involuntary tick*.... :twisted:
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3252 posts
4409 upvotes
BC
TehRFDAnomaly wrote: Oh man....here we go *flipflopping* again. :P
Because of the holidays it's free returns until January 2021Eyes
Last edited by peakingduck on Oct 7th, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 14, 2008
287 posts
129 upvotes
Tempted, but I got a bike already, this takes the exercise out of biking.
Dec 6, 2017
963 posts
502 upvotes
Manitoba
peakingduck wrote: Because of the holidays it's free returns until January 2021Eyes
It's because it is going to be too cold to use in a few weeks and will be sitting until Spring if I buy one now.
pallfy wrote: Tempted, but I got a bike already, this takes the exercise out of biking.
I have 3 bikes...I wonder how the wife will react. :D
one more deal and I'm out * involuntary tick*.... :twisted:
Dec 14, 2011
454 posts
369 upvotes
My commute to work is one hour via bike, 19.6km one way, 78m up and 77m down. Is this viable to use to get to work assuming I charge it when I get to the office?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5076 upvotes
ON
416vtyou wrote: My commute to work is one hour via bike, 19.6km one way, 78m up and 77m down. Is this viable to use to get to work assuming I charge it when I get to the office?
You would be pushing it...their claim of 28km is probably on flat road with a 100lbs rider if not less. Personally I wouldn't trust it to do it, but I'm sure someone with actual experience will chime in.
Jul 3, 2020
145 posts
246 upvotes
remik wrote: The XR ULTRA electric scooter is crafted with a sleek, wireless design so you arrive in seamless style, every time. But you’re not trading in durability and function for style - the XR ULTRA electric scooter comes with a fortified frame and specially designed features.
Thanks OP, I've been looking to upgrade over my wired electric scooter. The range of asfarasthecordgoes km is really a pain.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9167 posts
3993 upvotes
Toronto
great price... got one off craigslist for $170 after I bargained it down from $250, originally $360+ but its pretty used, still rides really well tho
razrsharp wrote: Just saying
what a fukn hipster
Nov 13, 2018
526 posts
1237 upvotes
Anyone who buys this, PLEASE learn the rules if the road. Laws in almost every province have not caught up to this technology and you're in no man's land. You cannot legally ride on the sidewalk, you cannot legally ride in bike lanes, and you are therefore required to ride on the street.

Learn how to ride one of this safely and follow the ducking rules. Cities are littered with idiots riding these things dangerously wherever they want because they think it's a legal grey area.
Sep 2, 2007
265 posts
196 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: Just a heads up the after-sales support seems to be really poor or non existent. I'm in a gotrax Facebook group and there are tons of complaints. I have the elite and it's been pretty good so far so hopefully nothing happens. Their scooters only come with a 90 day warranty.

Man you have an Elite also? I was there in the GXL post a lil while back, what exactly is your full lineup of scooters?? :P
Also whats your thoughts on the honeycomb tires so far?

I just made the plunge on this Ultra, I had thought the Ultra with the LG battery was the end all be all of the Gotrax line range wise.
All in I think mine just came out to somewhere just under $400? So the Elite version is worth about a $100 more your saying?

Just looking on amazon is the difference in battery really only 7.8 ah vs 7.0 ah? Doesn't seem all that much and the branded LG battery I'd imagine is a big deal since the battery quality is a huge component for these scooters.
The stem battery balance is a bit weird since its high and forward but don't think it affects the ride too much at these speeds imo.
Sep 2, 2007
265 posts
196 upvotes
mikebmt wrote: Anyone who buys this, PLEASE learn the rules if the road. Laws in almost every province have not caught up to this technology and you're in no man's land. You cannot legally ride on the sidewalk, you cannot legally ride in bike lanes, and you are therefore required to ride on the street.

Learn how to ride one of this safely and follow the ducking rules. Cities are littered with idiots riding these things dangerously wherever they want because they think it's a legal grey area.
Agreed, like I've said before I ride as slow as I can when passing people and I also have a bell incase I need to alert someone I'm passing. These scooters are fun as hell and very convenient for short-medium distances so I hope they stick around long term and are accommodated for like bikes.

Although I'm quite surprised you can't legally ride on bike lanes (location depending I suppose), that is a bit strange to see as bikes routinely ride much faster than escooters like these and bike lanes seem plenty wide.