Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] GOTRAX XR Ultra Folding Commuting Electric Scooter •• $361.27 ••

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 9:28 am
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
3213 posts
4363 upvotes
BC
RedruM7 wrote: Man you have an Elite also? I was there in the GXL post a lil while back, what exactly is your full lineup of scooters?? :P
Also whats your thoughts on the honeycomb tires so far?

I just made the plunge on this Ultra, I had thought the Ultra with the LG battery was the end all be all of the Gotrax line range wise.
All in I think mine just came out to somewhere just under $400? So the Elite version is worth about a $100 more your saying?

Just looking on amazon is the difference in battery really only 7.8 ah vs 7.0 ah? Doesn't seem all that much and the branded LG battery I'd imagine is a big deal since the battery quality is a huge component for these scooters.
The stem battery balance is a bit weird since its high and forward but don't think it affects the ride too much at these speeds imo.
I have the bird ES1 from SDM and the elite from the last deal, not too many! Since we last talked I actually ended up buying armor-dilloz tire sealant and stuck with the airfilled tires. I was a little turned off by the installation of honeycomb tires.

The G4 is their top model but don't think sold in Canada yet. Bigger tires (10"), bigger range (25mi) and higher speed (20mph).

The LG battery sounds pretty good. I actually got the elite for free (thanks amazon) but if I had to choose I'd go with the ultra. Not sure how the Elite's battery will maintain over the next few years.
Member
Oct 17, 2009
374 posts
329 upvotes
I'm 145 and get 28 on most flat roads no prob. Struggles really steep hills though.
dilligafeh wrote: You would be pushing it...their claim of 28km is probably on flat road with a 100lbs rider if not less. Personally I wouldn't trust it to do it, but I'm sure someone with actual experience will chime in.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9057 posts
3928 upvotes
Toronto
ballabones wrote: I'm 145 and get 28 on most flat roads no prob. Struggles really steep hills though.
For steep hills it's still possible to climb, but you need to push with your other foot every 2-3 seconds. Better than walking uphill but prolly not healthy for your motor/battery to do it all the time
Jr. Member
Feb 8, 2008
193 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver
Is it waterproof? Water resistant?
Member
User avatar
Aug 24, 2007
484 posts
60 upvotes
Montreal
remik wrote: I have the Xiaomi M365 myself, pretty fun to scoot around through parks, trails.


MXFS974H (Coupon Code to get extra $104.72 off bringing total to $361.27+tax)


Technology & Features:

The XR ULTRA electric scooter is crafted with a sleek, wireless design so you arrive in seamless style, every time. But you’re not trading in durability and function for style - the XR ULTRA electric scooter comes with a fortified frame and specially designed features.
The lightweight frame and foldable design is perfect if you need to store on a train, bus, office, elevator, or need to climb up a few flights of stairs.

Specifications:
Mile Range: 18 mile / 28.8 km (Actual performance will be affected by user's weight, road)
Motor: 300W high-speed brushless gear motors
Battery: LG 36V 7.0 Ah li-ion
Charging Time: 4 hours
Climbing Capacity: 15˚
Frame Materials: Aluminum Alloy
Tires Materials: Air-filled Rubber
Wheels: 8.5inch
Max Load: 220lbs/100 kg
Brakes: Disc braking and anti-lock braking system
Net Weight: 27.5lb
Notice: This bike arrives 98% assembled, you still have to finish assembly by yourself or ask for assembly service.
Product Dimensions: 43.7*17*41inch/ 111.1*43.2*106.7 cm

Package Include:
1*Electric Scooter
1*Approved Power Adapter
1*Allen Wrench
1*Tire Pump Extender
1*Safety Pin
1*User Manual
Hi, do you have a coupon code for the GOTRAX XR Elite ? Amazon link
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 24, 2008
165 posts
78 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Is the code dead? Getting an error at checkout.
Member
User avatar
Aug 24, 2007
484 posts
60 upvotes
Montreal
The code does not work anymore on the one in OP's link:

I get : The promotional code you entered is not recognized !
Member
Sep 2, 2007
262 posts
178 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: I have the bird ES1 from SDM and the elite from the last deal, not too many! Since we last talked I actually ended up buying armor-dilloz tire sealant and stuck with the airfilled tires. I was a little turned off by the installation of honeycomb tires.

The G4 is their top model but don't think sold in Canada yet. Bigger tires (10"), bigger range (25mi) and higher speed (20mph).

The LG battery sounds pretty good. I actually got the elite for free (thanks amazon) but if I had to choose I'd go with the ultra. Not sure how the Elite's battery will maintain over the next few years.
Crap my dyslexia must be kicking in haha... Sorry I misread ur last post there, I thought you said the elite was the better buy so I had to ask and for some reason I assumed on the last thread you got a GXL not the elite haha my bad. I wish I got your deal tho! Can't beat that, amazon botched a $20 delivery to me the other day and I hoped to get lucky, but alas, I waited and nothing ever showed up lol. Yeah I saw they had some new models coming in but of course those models probably aren't going to be in this price range anytime soon unfortunately.

Ahh yes I saw that bird sdm deal myself too and thought about getting it but these current gotrax prices (~$300) were my sweet spot, and I couldn't resist upgrading the range at this price, this will replace a super lightweight adult escooter from Globber I had originally bought which I'm forced to ride with the waifu riding the much better Gotrax GXL lol. I think that bird was like 600-900? Somewhere around there? I took a picture when I saw it but it didn't have a price, I asked them but forgot haha. So far how does the bird compare to your Gotrax elite?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
3213 posts
4363 upvotes
BC
RedruM7 wrote:
Ahh yes I saw that bird sdm deal myself too and thought about getting it but these current gotrax prices (~$300) were my sweet spot, and I couldn't resist upgrading the range at this price, this will replace a super lightweight adult escooter from Globber I had originally bought which I'm forced to ride with the waifu riding the much better Gotrax GXL lol. I think that bird was like 600-900? Somewhere around there? I took a picture when I saw it but it didn't have a price, I asked them but forgot haha. So far how does the bird compare to your Gotrax elite?
The bird was about $300 all-in after the optimum points I got back. You might be thinking of the ninebot ES3 Or Max sold at Costco.

Bird is a rebranded ninebot es2. The build feels a lot more premium than the gotrax, materials feel a bit better. The only reason I got the elite was because the bird doesn't fold so it's a pain to carry around/load into my car.

Speed is similar between the two but the elite has better range and performs better up inclines. Maneuvering and ride stability is also better on the elite since the battery is in the deck instead of the stem creating a lower center of gravity. The deck is wider as a result so it's more comfortable to stand on. Gotrax scooters make a audible noise when accelerating but the bird is silent.

Tires on elite are also larger and I feel more confident going over holes.

Overall I like the elite better but it was $200 more. I gave the bird to the mrs. The ultra should be solid.
Member
Sep 2, 2007
262 posts
178 upvotes
So $300 all in after the points is pretty good, do you remember what the listed SDM price was though? No worries if not, jut curious. I looked at the picture I took and I think its the same bird you bought altho the model says ES1-300 and not ES2.

True the gotrax does squeal a bit which kinda sucks but its bearable. Damn yeah no folding would totally be a dealbreaker for me. Thanks for the comparison, good to see the Elite holding its own vs the Bird. Yeah I'm pretty excited to try the ultra out now that I won't be lagging behind anymore on a much slower scooter with less range and being heavier on top. The range was definitely the only thing I wanted more from the GXL which is where my lawnmower 40v battery hacks would have come in.

After the GXL I really thought my next purchase would be a fat tire foldable ebike like gotrax's EBE4, but yeah couldn't resist this Ultra deal... Looks like I just got it in time too.
Hopefully there will be some deals on one of those ebikes down the road. With 50 mile range/20mph, bike pedals and seat, would be my ultimate electric transport when the prices come down.
Member
Sep 2, 2007
262 posts
178 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: Speed is similar between the two but the elite has better range and performs better up inclines. Maneuvering and ride stability is also better on the elite since the battery is in the deck instead of the stem creating a lower center of gravity. The deck is wider as a result so it's more comfortable to stand on. Gotrax scooters make a audible noise when accelerating but the bird is silent.

Tires on elite are also larger and I feel more confident going over holes.

Overall I like the elite better but it was $200 more. I gave the bird to the mrs. The ultra should be solid.
Just my 2 cents on the ultra so far. Got the ultra pretty quick, had 1 day with it so far and the first thing i noticed after riding it is just how much slower it felt than my gxl v1! At first i thought it was maybe the honeycomb tires or there's a second gear but after some research it seems there is only one gear and they put more aggressive speed limiters on the newer scooters.

My gxl v1 could hit 16 or 17mph on flats and slight downhills fairly easily, this new ultra can barely maintain 14 and sits in the 12-13mph most of the time which is not what i expected at all lol... It is noticeably slower and slow enough to wonder if i should return it :/ i was very happy with the gxl speed and it was probably exactly the speed i wanted, no more no less.

I even ran the hub wheels with no resistance off the ground and the difference was pretty huge, the gxl immediately went over 20mph, the ultra however stayed at the max 15mph which under load being slower makes sense and feels like false advertising, what's ur experience with the elites speed so far? I think it might be similar to the ultra?

I haven't been able to test range so far, hopefully today i will, hard to say right now but i didn't notice much difference in the slight drain from my early test, but at the speed its going I'd imagine the extra range is more from the speed limit than the battery. Otherwise I'm worried i might have a dud. Anyone else with an ultra experience this too?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
3213 posts
4363 upvotes
BC
@RedruM7 I got the bird for $399 with 30% back in points ($120). It's advertised as bird ES1 but apparently it has the guts of a ninebot es2

Yeah the limiter is disappointing on the gotrax scooters. Even going down hill it will slow itself down so that it doesn't go over 15. I think my bird is a little faster and doesn't limit as harshly downhill.

You think you'll return it? If youre happy with your GXL, maybe best to use that up then upgrade.
Member
Sep 2, 2007
262 posts
178 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: @RedruM7 I got the bird for $399 with 30% back in points ($120). It's advertised as bird ES1 but apparently it has the guts of a ninebot es2

Yeah the limiter is disappointing on the gotrax scooters. Even going down hill it will slow itself down so that it doesn't go over 15. I think my bird is a little faster and doesn't limit as harshly downhill.

You think you'll return it? If youre happy with your GXL, maybe best to use that up then upgrade.
Yup sucks because the early models weren't nearly as limited it seems, I got a taste of the faster models :/
Of course with a newer model with a better battery and even better motor at 300w vs 250w according to what I read, you'd think the speed could only go up, was quite disappointed to actually get slower...
Theres got to be a way to unlock the speed limited like in other scooters, but haven't found a way so far. I'm guessing this must extend the scooters reliability and lifespan of the battery, oh and of course also I hear its probably because of regulations etc etc...

I'm not sure... I'm kinda torn because I feel like my ultimate e-ride would be a foldable fat tire e-bike because I like the unlimited range with pedal option to actually get some exercise and the foldables can easily fit in a car, but at least double to triple the cost. I could just put the ultra money towards that instead probably for next summer. So we'll see, I still have to do a complete range test vs the gxl than I'll decide if its worth it.

I think I'm definitely happy with the GXL v1 especially since I have what I need to extend the shorter range with my three 40V 4ah lawnmower batteries incase the battery ever loses its charge. Basically I'm going to run a switch that will switch power from the stem battery to an external battery mount where I can hot swap my lawnmower batteries in and than side charge them with their original slide in chargers. So in total I'd effectively have 5ah + 4+4+4 = 17ah if I carried all three lawnmower batteries fully charged in a backpack. I'd probably only need one extra pack for the most part I'm thinking.

Thanks for the gotrax facebook group heads up btw, I found a post with someone who had a similar idea (without swappable tool batteries however) and posted the pictures, so I went ahead and bought the parts I needed yesterday, I'm hoping I can get it all done over the weekend. Heres hoping I'll never need any gotrax support! Altho because I like tinkering with stuff, I plan to modify mine and hopefully replace/upgrade anything that breaks.
Member
Sep 25, 2015
251 posts
75 upvotes
Calgary, AB
On a side note: Finally looked at and measured the tires on the previous GXL V2 deal. They are "chao yang" at a measured 22 cm when inflated. Can't find specs at all on these tires, but they do seem to have a large outer diameter.

Which is the exact same 22 cm outer diameter "ten inch" solid tires I was looking at to replace eventually. They probably do not specify tire sizes because they switch manufacturers every once in a while. So the limiter (if based on rotational speed) is actually putting out a max speed higher than rated.

Electric bikes tend to be expensive, because they have gearing to allow for pedal assist. About $1500 or so isn't really comparable to a $400 scoot.

Top