Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca Black Friday

Govee Envisual TV LED Backlights with Camera, DreamView T1 $53.91 (half off)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2022 10:20 pm
[OP]
Dec 8, 2010
739 posts
1294 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] [Black Friday] Govee Envisual TV LED Backlights with Camera, DreamView T1 $53.91 (half off)

FYI Govee's Canadian website has matched amazon pricing and have working coupon codes

GOVEE8 for $8 off
&
GOVEENOV10 for 10%

https://ca.govee.com/pages/black-friday ... -sale-2022

govee-hot-govee-envisual-tv-led-backlig ... #p36883744

Govee DreamView T1

Last edited by rainydays on Nov 25th, 2022 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
80 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1268 posts
247 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP. I always wanted to try it :P
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2616 posts
2654 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone that has these immersion lights, do they really add anything to the watching experience other than a neat factor?
Nov 14, 2020
127 posts
148 upvotes
H3c0w8
Don't buy this, buy the newer version T2 with 2 cameras.
Nov 16, 2016
71 posts
153 upvotes
Chrno wrote: Anyone that has these immersion lights, do they really add anything to the watching experience other than a neat factor?
I have one, obviously it matters how dark your room can get. Also use the app the fiddle with the settings a bit to get good colour matching etc.

I watched the new batman which has many scenes with a single colour playing a major role, and the light was awesome during these scenes. I assume something like drive would look great too.

Playing music in the dark with audio sync is pretty great too.
Jul 19, 2015
703 posts
756 upvotes
London, ON
VincentM44684 wrote: Don't buy this, buy the newer version T2 with 2 cameras.
Same, holding out for the updated T2 85 inch version that also has a better camera set up with counter balance compared to this one which can cover a portion of your screen depending on the bezels.
[OP]
Dec 8, 2010
739 posts
1294 upvotes
Toronto
T2 is currently 3x the price.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
2043 posts
453 upvotes
Toronto
Price difference is huge though, $53.99 vs $169.99 (with $20 off coupon).
Nov 15, 2017
168 posts
132 upvotes
Canada
I recently installed my kit and these are awesome, i really enjoy mine. Great deal compared to the t2 price.
Aug 2, 2022
9 posts
21 upvotes
I just bought last week at full price, do you if I can return it and get this price?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2002
1266 posts
351 upvotes
Oakville
Chrno wrote: Anyone that has these immersion lights, do they really add anything to the watching experience other than a neat factor?
Wondering about this too (and for any type of backlight). I have a 75" hanging on the wall, and it's a pain in the ass to unmount and put back on.
May 3, 2022
238 posts
393 upvotes
Juando23 wrote: I just bought last week at full price, do you if I can return it and get this price?
Amazon does not do that. Just start a return with your previous order and return the new unopened box from your new order. No harm no foul.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15815 posts
7155 upvotes
London
Damn I just had this delivered from Govee yesterday for $70

These are awesome by the way. I've been using on my tv for like 9 months. Worth every bit of the regular price

If you have an OLED it might be worth it to buy the t2 though. It's a real pain in the ass to mount the t1. I had to use the orange foam it came with and tape
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2008
1008 posts
667 upvotes
Quebec
Happy I paid the full price. At this price it's a steal. Not sure with T2 being to mount it under the TV, but would rather have it under then on top.
Oct 21, 2010
45 posts
37 upvotes
Winnipeg
I don't have the govee, but I bult my won with a HDMI splitter and a raspberry pi, it worked amazing till I upgraded my TV to a 4k smart TV, now it doesn't work so well, as the eARC does go back through the 4k splitter, and things I play through the smartTV don't work either, but that my problem... and hopefully with a camera it would get past this. The Raspberry pi and light setup cost me about $200, and that was before the shortage in pi's heck the lights alone cost me $60 so this is a great deal over DIY.

It adds a huge ambiance to the room, make it feel much more like a theatre, as the picture extends past the screen. I kind of miss the lights.
Oct 30, 2020
25 posts
65 upvotes
Such a good deal. I bought this last year when you could stack their Govee coupon on top of Amazon deal for $60. It definitely adds to the experience, but like what someone said the room needs to be really dark. With this, anything animated looks pretty cool!
Nov 8, 2006
996 posts
441 upvotes
Toronto
I have this and its a nice addition. But if you have an old TV with the larger bezel, it might affect the experience.
Also, as mentioned, need a dark room. But then watching tv in a dark room is bad for your eyes... got to play with the White Balance.

Read the manual, the instructions are important during installation.
Aug 1, 2018
131 posts
130 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I see from the description that this is for 55-65" TV's. Any thoughts on if it could work with a 75" TV (ie. maybe not wrap all the way around) and still be okay? I see they have a longer version for 75-85" TV's but that's double the price
Apr 23, 2015
396 posts
450 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
I have this with an Oled and it's fantastic, highly recommend it. It also helps with eye strain from too much contrast in the dark.