Canuckland
Can be had for a lot less from AE
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1890 posts
2666 upvotes
Halifax
DealCanuck wrote: Can be had for a lot less from AE
do you have a link of the same product? much appreciated.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7413 posts
3577 upvotes
Canuckland
tdracer wrote: do you have a link of the same product? much appreciated.
US $19.49 35% Off | 1-20 PCS APP Control LED Hexagonal Desk Light Honeycomb Module LED Night Light Creative RGB Home Decor Quantum Wall Lamp
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNEM4Le
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1890 posts
2666 upvotes
Halifax
DealCanuck wrote: US $19.49 35% Off | 1-20 PCS APP Control LED Hexagonal Desk Light Honeycomb Module LED Night Light Creative RGB Home Decor Quantum Wall Lamp
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNEM4Le
ok, so you meant 'similar' product not the same product. Not trying to crap on your suggestion but the link you sent is totally different. They look to be about half the size in area, and no mention on dims or thickness or compatibility with alexa/google. I might try some to see but a 10 pack is $85. If half the size in area, not sure how good of a deal compared to OP, but I may try a 3 pack to see if worthwhile.

edit: assuming the ones on AE are all just the same I found the diagonal on them to be 4.5 vs 7.09 on the govee. For area, the Govee are 2.5x as big as the AE ones. Govee also seems to have a different layout on their leds which makes them different than nano leaf.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2969 posts
1401 upvotes
QC, Canada
tdracer wrote: ok, so you meant 'similar' product not the same product. Not trying to crap on your suggestion but the link you sent is totally different. They look to be about half the size in area, and no mention on dims or thickness or compatibility with alexa/google. I might try some to see but a 10 pack is $85. If half the size in area, not sure how good of a deal compared to OP, but I may try a 3 pack to see if worthwhile.

edit: assuming the ones on AE are all just the same I found the diagonal on them to be 4.5 vs 7.09 on the govee. For area, the Govee are 2.5x as big as the AE ones. Govee also seems to have a different layout on their leds which makes them different than nano leaf.
I have few small projects that involve RGBIC neon rope, RGBIC strip, RGBIC triangle and stuff like that. I've found after buying LOT of products on aliexpress is that the app is everything in that kind of applications. The govee app is updated often with new feature, layout and options, which is never the case with the product on AE. Just for that alone it worth paying more for the Govee one (or maybe at least something like the Tuya brand). Also, after a while you have like 10 differents applications for your light because they all use cheap and crappy apps of their own (with LOT of privacy issues), while if you buy only Govee, you can find all your lights under the same app

(Btw looking for specific 12v outdoor rated (or at least IP6x) bluetooth RGBIC neon rope with a length of 16ft more or less, if someone have any idea Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat)
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1890 posts
2666 upvotes
Halifax
Koontzy wrote: I have few small projects that involve RGBIC neon rope, RGBIC strip, RGBIC triangle and stuff like that. I've found after buying LOT of products on aliexpress is that the app is everything in that kind of applications. The govee app is updated often with new feature, layout and options, which is never the case with the product on AE. Just for that alone it worth paying more for the Govee one (or maybe at least something like the Tuya brand). Also, after a while you have like 10 differents applications for your light because they all use cheap and crappy apps of their own (with LOT of privacy issues), while if you buy only Govee, you can find all your lights under the same app

(Btw looking for specific 12v outdoor rated (or at least IP6x) bluetooth RGBIC neon rope with a length of 16ft more or less, if someone have any idea Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat)
do the AE ones normally work with alexa/google or is it strictly through their own app?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7413 posts
3577 upvotes
Canuckland
tdracer wrote: ok, so you meant 'similar' product not the same product. Not trying to crap on your suggestion but the link you sent is totally different. They look to be about half the size in area, and no mention on dims or thickness or compatibility with alexa/google. I might try some to see but a 10 pack is $85. If half the size in area, not sure how good of a deal compared to OP, but I may try a 3 pack to see if worthwhile.

It’s just one of the many, but if you’re comparing size then you can buy double the amount and cover way more area.

Also I doubt most people use automations that goove has.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2086 posts
795 upvotes
Better to get Nanoleafs when they are on sale. These are Chinese knockoffs and Nanoleaf is a Canadian company.
These do backlight but Nanoleaf can add more shapes, LED dice remote, and better software integration.
Oct 28, 2020
6 posts
3 upvotes
I'd say Govee is more than just a Chinese Knockoff
Dec 26, 2020
35 posts
48 upvotes
jon604 wrote: Better to get Nanoleafs when they are on sale. These are Chinese knockoffs and Nanoleaf is a Canadian company.
These do backlight but Nanoleaf can add more shapes, LED dice remote, and better software integration.
Govee is a decent brand actually... I like Nanoleaf, but they are way too expensive for what they are. Reviews online have favoured the Govee product as well (check out Paul Hibbert's for one). From everything I've seen about them, the Govee produces a better light too.

@OP - Thanks! Good deal
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2399 posts
1433 upvotes
Toronto
jon604 wrote: Better to get Nanoleafs when they are on sale. These are Chinese knockoffs and Nanoleaf is a Canadian company.
lol i have most of the nanoleaf smart light... pretty obsessed with their stuff since 1st gen triangle panels.

u are kinda right, Nanoleaf is a canadian company but one of the founders is chinese, literally the lights, power brick and remotes are all made in china... they source everything in china... all they do is just the company registration is in canada, that's it bro.

u cant really say govee are knockoffs as every company can invent something similar for their product line / clientele. their product line is MUCH more than nanoleaf dude.
https://www.amazon.ca/stores/page/73955 ... b6ab8e4945

like would u say nanoleaf is knockoff / copy cat of philips hue smart lighting?

govee has strip lights / light bars a while ago and nanoleaf just roll out their light bars early this year... do your research pal!
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2086 posts
795 upvotes
woolo wrote: lol i have most of the nanoleaf smart light... pretty obsessed with their stuff since 1st gen triangle panels.

u are kinda right, Nanoleaf is a canadian company but one of the founders is chinese, literally the lights, power brick and remotes are all made in china... they source everything in china... all they do is just the company registration is in canada, that's it bro.

u cant really say govee are knockoffs as every company can invent something similar for their product line / clientele. their product line is MUCH more than nanoleaf dude.
https://www.amazon.ca/stores/page/73955 ... b6ab8e4945

like would u say nanoleaf is knockoff / copy cat of philips hue smart lighting?

govee has strip lights / light bars a while ago and nanoleaf just roll out their light bars early this year... do your research pal!
Yes I get it. I'm also a Nanoleaf fanboy. I just said its designed in Canada and a Canadian company, I can see the made in china on all the panels. I'm just saying Nanoleaf had this product 1st. Just like Pepsi is a Coke knockoff. Lol
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3216 posts
1471 upvotes
Lethbridge
Who knew RFD had so many webcam girls.
Aug 27, 2015
104 posts
43 upvotes
Sherwood Park
Anyone remember what price they were on Prime day this year?

I added to my wishlist on July 12th, but it never tells you the price when it is now listed for more. I thought they might have been cheaper than.

Still a maybe for the kids for Christmas.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2004
3074 posts
76 upvotes
GTA
Deal dead? Looks like the price is back up to $265.
Jan 3, 2007
116 posts
96 upvotes
Usually coupons available for the Govee site.
cA-Govee15 brings the 10 pack down to $191.25 and GoveeSale to $198