Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Govee Smart LED Light Bars, RGBIC - $57.99 after coupons

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2021 6:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 24, 2007
2082 posts
808 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Govee Smart LED Light Bars, RGBIC - $57.99 after coupons

Noticed there are 2 coupons for this Light bar set that has the camera. Both are in the product description page so just click on them.

One for $30 off and another for 20% (code is: GOVEE6054S) off so my Total after tax came to $65.12 in Ontario, maybe the lowest price.

Wasn't interested b4 for $80+ but $58 is more digestible.

Image
Last edited by astrotrain on Dec 13th, 2021 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
54 replies
Member
Mar 7, 2011
351 posts
289 upvotes
Ottawa
Gotta use coupon code GOVEE6054S at checkout as well as clicking the coupon button on the actual page.

Thanks op. In for 1.
Member
Jul 13, 2016
293 posts
651 upvotes
Some of the more critical reviews say that each bar will only display one single colour at a time when in backlight mode, and the many reviewer photos seem to agree.

There are also serious concerns about the accuracy of the camera at capturing screen colours. Might be the angle, we can't see everyone's setup, but it looks like it isn't bulletproof to say the least.

If the price goes back up I would definitely not recommend, go for something that gets the colours from the video signal directly and which can display many colours simultaneously.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2010
3504 posts
1349 upvotes
Toronto
Can this be connected to an existing govee immersion led strip that also came with its own camera?
Jr. Member
Sep 21, 2017
153 posts
61 upvotes
Do you think this will work well for a 75" TV?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 24, 2009
1908 posts
389 upvotes
Halifax
Thanks, OP! Managed to add a $25 gift card to bring it down to 41 bucks all in. These can be good addition to the Govee immersion TV kit which are frankly more impressive. Might just use them in the PC room behind 32" curved monitor
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2019 :twisted:
Member
Jan 21, 2008
340 posts
460 upvotes
shsiddiq wrote: These can be good addition to the Govee immersion TV kit which are frankly more impressive.
This is what I've been hearing after seeing a couple of reviews and comparisons. If your TV is between 55 to 65 inches the immersion might be better as well as seems in one YT video it mixes the colors more accurately compared to the bars which tend to display solid colors more.
Newbie
Jan 12, 2017
18 posts
11 upvotes
Thanks op in for 1! this was on my nephew wishlist.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1089 posts
964 upvotes
What would be better? The light bar or the TV light strip? I'd be using it for a 55" tv
Sr. Member
Jun 10, 2011
718 posts
686 upvotes
Feels Good Man wrote: What would be better? The light bar or the TV light strip? I'd be using it for a 55" tv
I'd say the lightstrip since there is more individual led.
I have the strip on my 65", they are OK at best, light doesn't always match color on the tv and they lag behind...
I re-calibrate them this week to see if it changes anything but I doubt it.
Sr. Member
Oct 11, 2013
578 posts
345 upvotes
Toronto
shsiddiq wrote: Thanks, OP! Managed to add a $25 gift card to bring it down to 41 bucks all in. These can be good addition to the Govee immersion TV kit which are frankly more impressive. Might just use them in the PC room behind 32" curved monitor
Just pulled the trigger on these as well for that price is very good I'm also going to set it up with my 32inch monitor as well.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1089 posts
964 upvotes
Oh wait, it looks like the light bar is designed for smaller screens while the light strip is for larger ones.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2018
1549 posts
1729 upvotes
soupmaster666 wrote: Some of the more critical reviews say that each bar will only display one single colour at a time when in backlight mode, and the many reviewer photos seem to agree.

There are also serious concerns about the accuracy of the camera at capturing screen colours. Might be the angle, we can't see everyone's setup, but it looks like it isn't bulletproof to say the least.

If the price goes back up I would definitely not recommend, go for something that gets the colours from the video signal directly and which can display many colours simultaneously.
It is actually a lot more troublesome to get the video signal directly. Most TV has several Inputs for that reason. Using a receiver interferes with a lot of things, adds delays, breaks 4k HDR 120hz compatibility, etc.

Plus all the one that supports HDMI input doesn't even support HDR. It is a huge headache. Getting this directly from the camera is actually not as bad as you think.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 24, 2007
2082 posts
808 upvotes
soupmaster666 wrote: Some of the more critical reviews say that each bar will only display one single colour at a time when in backlight mode, and the many reviewer photos seem to agree.

There are also serious concerns about the accuracy of the camera at capturing screen colours. Might be the angle, we can't see everyone's setup, but it looks like it isn't bulletproof to say the least.

If the price goes back up I would definitely not recommend, go for something that gets the colours from the video signal directly and which can display many colours simultaneously.
I have regular bias lighting on my 65 for number of years, the strip kind. Doesn't seem very bright so gave these bars a try, if I don't see a difference will send it back. Not sure if I will take off the strip lighting -too much hassle. maybe a will just put these bars on the TV stand beside TV. In early Nov there was a sale on these same bars for $80ish, too much for me for a gimmick but under $60 ah why not.. This company sures confuses the hell out of the consumer, too many versions and models....
Cucumference wrote: It is actually a lot more troublesome to get the video signal directly. Most TV has several Inputs for that reason. Using a receiver interferes with a lot of things, adds delays, breaks 4k HDR 120hz compatibility, etc.

Plus all the one that supports HDMI input doesn't even support HDR. It is a huge headache. Getting this directly from the camera is actually not as bad as you think.
totally logical, adding another source will run interference on the video signal..

Top