Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

GPS Navigator with 7" LCD Touch Screen

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2019 8:22 pm
22 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1889 posts
1445 upvotes
Reviews look fake to me, not to mention it's awfully cheap for what it's supposed to do. Third party seller too. I'd stay away.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3748 posts
6586 upvotes
Calgary
zero64 wrote: Reviews look fake to me, not to mention it's awfully cheap for what it's supposed to do. Third party seller too. I'd stay away.
Indeed. I know it's not in the same price range, but you're better off getting a Garmin refurb than some no-name brand GPS. I bought both a 5" and 6" Garmin refurb and they're good units. Both looked practically brand new.

https://www.amazon.ca/Garmin-010-N1539- ... 208&sr=1-2

Or just get a phone mount and use Waze.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
3749 posts
848 upvotes
It might not be fake.
Garmin has such inflationed prices that everybody believes anything below their price is fake.

Standalone GPS units should not cost more than this one imo.
Anyway it looks like its just a cheap tablet running some custom? android version.
Nov 8, 2011
239 posts
205 upvotes
Gave a try based on reviews. I have tomtom which works ok but old. I do not like Garmin navigation somehow.
Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2918 posts
3120 upvotes
Markham
ROYinTO wrote: If you value your privacy don't ever use Waze
https://www.zdziarski.com/blog/?p=4827
Thank You for that article.
However, I dont think any other application with similar feature does not do the same what Waze done.
Do you have any suggestions?
Sorry to sidetrack this deal.
-------
Thank you
Oct 1, 2016
152 posts
163 upvotes
Black one is cheaper at $29.99, but in reviews state it has no text to speech. Therefore it will not specify street names. It is also stated it's slow to give directions and sometimes gave a turn direction after the person had passed the intersection. If it could be used just as a tablet, then it could have been good choice too.
Oct 14, 2014
239 posts
524 upvotes
Halifax, NS
kunamvahees wrote: Thank You for that article.
However, I dont think any other application with similar feature does not do the same what Waze done.
Do you have any suggestions?
Sorry to sidetrack this deal.
Pretty much - you use a smartphone - your data is being used to generate revenue somewhere.

The only viable solution is to get dedicated offline devices or use a version of android without google services, and cherry pick the apps that do not require Google services (they exist), but for the average person, it's too much work.
Something like: https://f-droid.org/en/

Also, you assume that there are no hardware-level tracking.
Banned
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
any chance this has European maps ?
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10228 posts
3142 upvotes
Montreal
The reviews are just awful, many reviews of it breaking after a month.

Fakespot says many reviews are fake.

Download "Here We Go" for FREE for your smartphone (works offline, maps of the ENTIRE WORLD), don't waste your money.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1781 posts
2401 upvotes
GPS - error
Do yourself a favor and skip these WinCE devices from 2006 ...

Get a 6" or 7" (or 8" like I did) Android tablet and pay for a good navigation app, like Sygic, and have real updates not hacked ones :)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41794 posts
30053 upvotes
Center of Universe
escape1975 wrote: Do yourself a favor and skip these WinCE devices from 2006 ...

Get a 6" or 7" (or 8" like I did) Android tablet and pay for a good navigation app, like Sygic, and have real updates not hacked ones :)
Plus a $15/month 3GB plan!
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1781 posts
2401 upvotes
GPS - error
vkizzle wrote: Plus a $15/month 3GB plan!
No, no plan, get one that gives you updates and is fully offline, same as Gramin except the interface is much better and faster :)
Oct 1, 2016
152 posts
163 upvotes
I did a few more research. No tax is charged at check out. This appears to run on Windows CE with the Igo Primo navigation software. This was used a years ago with a Curtis 5 inch GPS that was found on Canadian Tire. There is an available link to download maps of Europe too.
link is in the answered questions on Amazon (4.8GB download)
maps for USA, Canada and Mexico
link is in the answered questions on Amazon (5.6 GB download)
It does text to speech, shows buildings and should be compatible with POI files that can be downloaded since the Curtis unit was compatible. It has FM transmitter to connect to your radio. MP3 music files and directions should be able to be played directly to the radio on a selected frequency. I'm tryinf it to use as a retro memory toy. I had lots of fun tinkering with my Curtis GPS (which still works except for the battery). I had stopped using it because of the lack of updated maps.
Last edited by toyfountain500 on Feb 20th, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2004
1154 posts
405 upvotes
Victoria
toyfountain500 wrote: Black one is cheaper at $29.99, but in reviews state it has no text to speech. Therefore it will not specify street names. It is also stated it's slow to give directions and sometimes gave a turn direction after the person had passed the intersection. If it could be used just as a tablet, then it could have been good choice too.
Not really the Blue unit free shipping, black unit shipping $4.99 non prime
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1781 posts
2401 upvotes
GPS - error
iGo "cracked" software, it's nice, I've been using that for over 8+ years previously on WinCE devices (crap) and now on Android devices ...
I'm downloading maps right now, I bet they're really old ... 2018 Q4 available for EU, and 2018 Q1 for NA since nobody leaked newer ones :)

Good news is that since this GPS iGO is cracked, you'd be able to download iGO maps from the Internet in the future,
since this seller is probably going to be out of business or in jail in 6 months :)

iGO Primo is the older software, new one is iGO NextGen ...

LMAO, the Amazon link has maps from 2017 Q3 and application itself is from 2014 ...
I guess WinCE won't really be updated since iGO switched to Android more or less.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
escape1975 wrote: Get a 6" or 7" (or 8" like I did) Android tablet and pay for a good navigation app, like Sygic, and have real updates not hacked ones :)
+1 on Android tablet but -1 on Sygic.
To be fair, it could have improved since 2014, but back in the day most of the POIs I tried didn't exist.

Privacy aside, <3 Google Maps.
There's so much awesome about it that I don't mind giving up a bit (ok a bunch) of info.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)