Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat ($190)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2018 8:37 am
[OP]
Apr 13, 2015
85 posts
111 upvotes
Ottawa, ON

[Amazon Canada] Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat ($190)

Has really good reviews and high safety rating. Not the lowest price but pretty close!

Camel camel
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1766 posts
557 upvotes
B.C.
The amazon reviews complain of a Manufacturing date of 2016. Looks like they were returned and are selling them in Warehouse deals.

I'm kind of surprised they can sell used/open box car seats. It's also tricky they list it as open box when many many things (if not most) warehouse deals are listed as used.
[OP]
Apr 13, 2015
85 posts
111 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
lennyandcarl wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 10:58 pm
The amazon reviews complain of a Manufacturing date of 2016. Looks like they were returned and are selling them in Warehouse deals.

I'm kind of surprised they can sell used/open box car seats. It's also tricky they list it as open box when many many things (if not most) warehouse deals are listed as used.
This item is being sold new. Regardless of the manufacturing date on that specific comment there is an expiry date that comes with every car seat as long as the cat seat is within that range and you have a couple of years you are good to go. The rating on the .ca site mean nothing since the exact same seat got 4.4/5 from 1400 reviews on the .com site from the same seller!

In conclusion, you need to order it And see the expiry date you get, if you get a few years (since they expire within 6 years) at the least this is a good deal!
Jun 3, 2012
30 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
guys the "expiry date" is only a recommendation it is not a law. it is set by each manufacturer as a life cycle of 6 to 10 years , also the way they calculate it is the date it is first used or if the date of first use is unknown the date on the sticker. in reality these things last a lot longer than that if used properly and never been involved in an accident so stop worrying about the dates.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1766 posts
557 upvotes
B.C.
RottenGman wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 11:39 pm
This item is being sold new. Regardless of the manufacturing date on that specific comment there is an expiry date that comes with every car seat as long as the cat seat is within that range and you have a couple of years you are good to go. The rating on the .ca site mean nothing since the exact same seat got 4.4/5 from 1400 reviews on the .com site from the same seller!

In conclusion, you need to order it And see the expiry date you get, if you get a few years (since they expire within 6 years) at the least this is a good deal!
oh I know you posted the deal for the new one. I was just surprised to see the other buying options!
erkushka wrote:
Sep 12th, 2018 12:27 am
guys the "expiry date" is only a recommendation it is not a law. it is set by each manufacturer as a life cycle of 6 to 10 years , also the way they calculate it is the date it is first used or if the date of first use is unknown the date on the sticker. in reality these things last a lot longer than that if used properly and never been involved in an accident so stop worrying about the dates.
I agree, but I'd want it to be a really good price to risk getting amazons old stock.
May 27, 2018
120 posts
72 upvotes
RottenGman wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 10:12 pm
Has really good reviews and high safety rating. Not the lowest price but pretty close!

[url=https://ca.***************.com/Graco-Contender-Convertible-Black-Carbon/product/B0773217S6]Camel camel[/url]
This is the best deal and the Product I have purchased. Higly recommended as it have high safety and comfortable for babies too.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1447 posts
479 upvotes
Max rear faced seating at 35lb is pretty low, isn't it?

I'd get the extend 2 fit from graco which always hovers around the $220 range instead. Rear faced seating is up to 50lbs
[OP]
Apr 13, 2015
85 posts
111 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
slimysnot wrote:
Sep 12th, 2018 7:29 am

I'd get the extend 2 fit from graco which always hovers around the $220 range instead. Rear faced seating is up to 50lbs
You are right the extend 2 fit seems like the better option. Going to cancel and order this model instead. Thanks!
May 21, 2012
162 posts
114 upvotes
Burlington
slimysnot wrote:
Sep 12th, 2018 7:29 am

Yes, the contender has a relatively low rear-facing weight limit. Whether it is a good choice depends on the growth curve of the child and how long the parent wants to rear-face their child.

The extend2fit is a great seat. However, it has child-weight based rules about the extender panel, which may require more back-to-front room than the Contender for a rear-facing child that weighs more than 22 lbs.