• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2019 10:37 am
[OP]
Mar 9, 2014
637 posts
648 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon Canada] Graco Extend2fit Car Seat - $199.97

Graco Extend2fit is on sale again. Various colours available.

The difference between Extend2fit and 4ever is 4ever can be converted into booster seat. However, Graco 4ever is usually more expensive by the price of a booster seat, so it's the same cost at the end.
6 replies
Dec 1, 2007
631 posts
87 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
Thx. Bought for $239 in March as my little guy outgrew his Infant Seat so fast. This is a great price. Remember eBates too peeps!
Getting a second for the other car. 👍🏽👍🏽
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2090 posts
779 upvotes
Quebec
What is the maximum weight this can support

New Québec law force us to have a seat or booster till 9 year old

Also are the expeatiob date far enough ?
May 21, 2012
193 posts
147 upvotes
Burlington
ratatapa wrote:
May 12th, 2019 3:24 pm
What is the maximum weight this can support

New Québec law force us to have a seat or booster till 9 year old

Also are the expeatiob date far enough ?
The Extend2Fit does not become a booster - it is only a forward and rear facing, harnessed seat. Typically by age 5.5-6, kids are ready to use a booster rather than a harnessed seat. The E2F does have a higher rear-facing weight limit than most seats in Canada, which allows larger kids to sit rear-facing longer.

A note about the Québec law: while the law ends at age 9, most children don't fit an adult seat belt properly until age 10-12. Look up the "five step test" to check for seat belt fit.

For those comparing it to the 4Ever, the E2F will last longer rear-facing (higher weight limit), but may take up more room rear-facing due to the panel requirements at various child weights. The E2F has a panel that can extend to give a rear-facing child more legroom, but it has certain position requirements and can make the seat take up more front-to-back space than the 4Ever. And as the OP said, the 4Ever becomes a booster. However, I prefer dedicated boosters. They tend to be lighter and give good belt fit.
Jan 3, 2017
53 posts
27 upvotes
Bought on Sunday by price matching at Buy Buy Baby. Took me two tries as the UPC codes didn't match, but someone eventually agreed. Solid Deal.