• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2021 8:48 pm
[OP]
Apr 29, 2021
7 posts
6 upvotes
ON

[Amazon.ca] Graco Magnum X5 airless paint sprayer - $405.95

For those who missed out the canadian tire deal on Graco Magnum X5 ( expired deal link link), and also missed out the deal on Graco Magnum Project Painter Plus Sprayer (link here, amazon canceled my order due to unavailability and their product link is no longer available), the Graco Magnum X5 is currently at $405.95 on amazon.ca, not all time low, but decent price.

Home depot is selling at $421, will price match but price beat by 10% is YMMV.

Update: Graco Magnum Project Painter Plus Sprayer is back in stock at Amazon for $278.85. Link here
Last edited by momoupup on May 7th, 2021 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
24 replies
Jan 3, 2013
598 posts
231 upvotes
Winnipeg
Just be aware that graco pretty much discontinued the tips that the X5 includes. You'll need to purchase a new guard to use the newer rac5/x tips.

Take note of that orange guard as that's the older rac iv tips.
Dec 4, 2017
341 posts
417 upvotes
Whitby
I am in the market for a spray paint... But the price point here is too high to win the battle with wife LOL.
I have a demand for simple things and am planning to go with Wagner 3000 but reviews are not really good.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2743 posts
1459 upvotes
Surrey
momoupup wrote: For those who missed out the canadian tire deal on Graco Magnum X5 ( expired deal link link), and also missed out the deal on Graco Magnum Project Painter Plus Sprayer (link here, amazon canceled my order due to unavailability and their product link is no longer available), the Graco Magnum X5 is currently at $405.95 on amazon.ca, not all time low, but decent price.

Home depot is selling at $421, will price match but price beat by 10% is YMMV.
I ordered from Amazon but homedepot pricematched it. I tried to cancel on amazon but they still delivered so I am returning mine from amazon. If someone needs, let me know before I send it back. I think total is 314.92 with taxes for Graco Magnum 257025 Project Painter Plus Paint Sprayer
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1286 posts
915 upvotes
zeon64 wrote: Just be aware that graco pretty much discontinued the tips that the X5 includes. You'll need to purchase a new guard to use the newer rac5/x tips.

That would explain why the tip that came with my X5 didn't fit the in the extension I purchases with a blue guard.
Sep 2, 2007
734 posts
231 upvotes
MrMello wrote: I am in the market for a spray paint... But the price point here is too high to win the battle with wife LOL.
I have a demand for simple things and am planning to go with Wagner 3000 but reviews are not really good.
If you buy the Wagner make sure you have some way of measuring the specific gravity of the paint
I had to water down all of the paint I used
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2626 posts
1547 upvotes
billrush wrote: If you buy the Wagner make sure you have some way of measuring the specific gravity of the paint
I had to water down all of the paint I used
Which then really makes you wonder what time you're saving with a sprayer. I purposely held out for a Graco Painter Pro for this reason.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2156 posts
508 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
razrsharp wrote: Which then really makes you wonder what time you're saving with a sprayer. I purposely held out for a Graco Painter Pro for this reason.
In the market for sprayer for various house projects, baseboards, doors, rooms, etc....
I wanted to grab one, and first project is accent wall, lots of mdf panels, need a FF tip, but it looks like I cannot buy just the tip for x5 ?
Does the Pro make more sense ?
[OP]
Apr 29, 2021
7 posts
6 upvotes
ON
As@zeon64 pointed out, this unit comes with the orange guard, all green FFLP tips will not fit, you will have to buy the blue guard (246215) to pair with. It looks like better to buy an extension pole with the blue guard, and take the guard off to use, rather than buy the guard separately, slightly higher cost but you get an extension pole for wall or ceiling work.

I m new to the paint world, correct me if I m wrong.
Aug 27, 2010
118 posts
129 upvotes
Québec, Canada
zeon64 wrote: Just be aware that graco pretty much discontinued the tips that the X5 includes. You'll need to purchase a new guard to use the newer rac5/x tips.

That's not true. They are not discontinuing the Trueairless tips: https://www.graco.com/us/en/homeowner/p ... y-tip.html

The orange guard + Trueairless tips are targeted for homeowners (that's why you you only find these at Home Depot AFAIK).

RAC X (blue gard) + LP/FFLP tips (gree ones) are considered "contractor" products on their website, probably because they can be confusing at first to the homeowner users.

Note that the trueairless tip on the X5 is a low pressure tip as well (confirmed by their customer support).

TLDR: The trueairless tip that comes on the X5 is perfectly fine. If you need an extension pole, get one with the blue guard (RAC X) and try out the compatible fine finish (FFLP) green tips if you need a different spray size (like a FFLP 310, 312, etc.).
Jan 4, 2007
40 posts
9 upvotes
GVRD
Titan Tool ControlMax High Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer
It is their 1500 model ( up to 1500psi I guess?) with 0.55HP motor and 2 yr warranty.
Amazon & Lowes have it for 284$
Anyone have experience with this model? Comparable with Graco (base model)?

P.S. Ordered one from lowes (with promo) for total of 306$ and lets "play"...Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Last edited by mskip on May 7th, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BC, Canada
Oct 4, 2007
606 posts
118 upvotes
mskip wrote: Titan Tool ControlMax High Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer
It is their 1500 model ( up to 1500psi I guess?) with 0.55HP motor and 2 yr warranty.
No experience with Graco, but I borrowed the Titan model you mentioned from my neighbor who's a general contractor to paint my fence a year or two ago, it was pretty easy to set up and clean. Zero issues as far as my 2 coats went.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
14092 posts
4048 upvotes
GTA
mskip wrote: Titan Tool ControlMax High Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer
Interested to hear the same
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2207 posts
1414 upvotes
Kitchener
allaire wrote: That's not true. They are not discontinuing the Trueairless tips: https://www.graco.com/us/en/homeowner/p ... y-tip.html

The orange guard + Trueairless tips are targeted for homeowners (that's why you you only find these at Home Depot AFAIK).

RAC X (blue gard) + LP/FFLP tips (gree ones) are considered "contractor" products on their website, probably because they can be confusing at first to the homeowner users.

Note that the trueairless tip on the X5 is a low pressure tip as well (confirmed by their customer support).

TLDR: The trueairless tip that comes on the X5 is perfectly fine. If you need an extension pole, get one with the blue guard (RAC X) and try out the compatible fine finish (FFLP) green tips if you need a different spray size (like a FFLP 310, 312, etc.).
Could you elaborate on this, if possible? Is low pressure tips better then other, I am assuming high pressure tips? what is the difference?
Aug 27, 2010
118 posts
129 upvotes
Québec, Canada
keyser-soze wrote: Could you elaborate on this, if possible? Is low pressure tips better then other, I am assuming high pressure tips? what is the difference?
Yes it’s better, less overspray and less wear on the tip. I saw some pros saying that eventually, they probably only going to sell LP tips.
May 31, 2007
322 posts
191 upvotes
allaire wrote: Yes it’s better, less overspray and less wear on the tip. I saw some pros saying that eventually, they probably only going to sell LP tips.
Not a chance on them only selling LP tips. It's also not "better". Different tips for different jobs. I've been spraying for over 20 years. Higher pressure leaves a finer finish. We never use LP tips for cabinets etc. Its great for indoors but not great for outdoors. Each has their uses.
Aug 27, 2010
118 posts
129 upvotes
Québec, Canada
N8DOGG wrote:
Not a chance on them only selling LP tips. It's also not "better". Different tips for different jobs. I've been spraying for over 20 years. Higher pressure leaves a finer finish. We never use LP tips for cabinets etc. Its great for indoors but not great for outdoors. Each has their uses.
Fine finish low pressure (FFLP) are perfectly fine for cabinets according to Graco (https://www.graco.com/us/en/products/ad ... -tips.html). Paint Life TV on YouTube also use a fflp 310 for most outdoor trims. I’m far from a pro, but I suppose it’s personal preference at this point.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
14092 posts
4048 upvotes
GTA
allaire wrote: Fine finish low pressure (FFLP) are perfectly fine for cabinets according to Graco (https://www.graco.com/us/en/products/ad ... -tips.html). Paint Life TV on YouTube also use a fflp 310 for most outdoor trims. I’m far from a pro, but I suppose it’s personal preference at this point.
Trying to decide what to use on cabinets.....@N8DOGG saying for 20 years he used only HP, but Graco site suggested a 315 tip....
Aug 27, 2010
118 posts
129 upvotes
Québec, Canada
RolandCouch wrote: Trying to decide what to use on cabinets.....@N8DOGG saying for 20 years he used only HP, but Graco site suggested a 315 tip....
I have a 312 FFLP for versatility with thicker paint, but it seems people have success with 308/310 FFLP for cabinets

See https://dengarden.com/home-improvement/ ... g-Cabinets
I also like the posts from this painter on FB : https://www.facebook.com/ThePainterOttawa

Hope it helps