• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2019 7:37 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1292 posts
1472 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Green Superfood powder

Hey guys, green superfood powder is on sale. It doesn't get much cheaper than this. I use it for my daily breakfast/post workout shake.

Yes, you can eat fruits and vegetables instead of using a powder supplement. Yes it's cheaper.
23 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1292 posts
1472 upvotes
drunkgoat wrote: Does it take taste sweet?
Yeah, I've gone through half a dozen or so different kinds. They all taste pretty sweet. It's powdered fruit after all.

Greens + a banana is pretty much the only sweetener I use.
Oct 13, 2016
139 posts
74 upvotes
Good sale price but sometimes it's really a case of getting what you pay for. How are some greens supplements $2+/serving (athletic greens) while this one is $0.5>?

For $6 more I'd recommend something like:

https://www.fitshop.ca/novaforme-cytogr ... -acai.html

I'm not affiliated or anything but atleast it's not a proprietary blend.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1292 posts
1472 upvotes
GlennButerol wrote: Good sale price but sometimes it's really a case of getting what you pay for. How are some greens supplements $2+/serving (athletic greens) while this one is $0.5>?

For $6 more I'd recommend something like:

https://www.fitshop.ca/novaforme-cytogr ... -acai.html

I'm not affiliated or anything but atleast it's not a proprietary blend.
I mostly agree. It's an unregulated industry, the players make wild claims and the ingredients are all over place from brand to brand.

I eat a lot of whole fruits and vegetables so I'm not overly concerned but it's worth pointing.

Will try yours next..
Oct 13, 2016
139 posts
74 upvotes
lleb13 wrote: I mostly agree. It's an unregulated industry, the players make wild claims and the ingredients are all over place from brand to brand.

I eat a lot of whole fruits and vegetables so I'm not overly concerned but it's worth pointing.

Will try yours next..
Yep, makes it's almost impossible to do a label to label comparison.

Any idea what rakuten % these health products fall under?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1528 posts
1549 upvotes
4g carbs in a scoop (8g) kills it for low carb/keto. Thanks for posting though.
Dec 1, 2018
452 posts
422 upvotes
Thanks operator I’ll get all my veggies nutrients through this
Oct 4, 2019
27 posts
17 upvotes
Bubblegum86 wrote: 4g carbs in a scoop (8g) kills it for low carb/keto. Thanks for posting though.
You should be fine since net carbs is 2g carbs per scoop.
Mar 8, 2015
637 posts
2396 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Its is a great deal OP, Thanks
But the first review makes me wonder and the manufacturer did not even bother to answer.

Liked it so much until I found it has maltodextrin ...
July 28, 2018
Size: 30 servingsVerified Purchase
Liked it so much until I found it has maltodextrin and silicon dioxide! I saw the benefits but I also know I am drinking these two bad ingredients every day. Please just get rid of these ingredients!!!
Penalty Box
Jul 6, 2018
622 posts
1080 upvotes
Just eat some damn real food. That's more "natural" and "organic" than this garbage.
Aug 27, 2018
57 posts
104 upvotes
canadianamigo13 wrote: Its is a great deal OP, Thanks
But the first review makes me wonder and the manufacturer did not even bother to answer.

July 28, 2018
Liked it so much until I found it has maltodextrin and silicon dioxide! I saw the benefits but I also know I am drinking these two bad ingredients every day. Please just get rid of these ingredients!!!
Silicon dioxide is both completely unstudied in greens as well as not that well researched. We don't know what it does yet, but it remains approved by the FDA. It could be added in to reduce clumping. As far as we know, it's safe.
The non-GMO maltodextrin is just a highly purified corn starch. Neither looks like problems to me.

As a side note, this is probably what redflagdealers are going to be consuming in the next 10 years. Sign me up for some soylent green so I can finally buy that OLED monitor
Deal Addict
May 14, 2002
1969 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga

July 28, 2018
What's there to answer? There's nothing wrong with either of those ingredients.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4873 posts
6914 upvotes
Vancouver
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since joining RFD, I’ve discovered that buying low end junk for cheap means you've just wasted the money that you could have put toward some better stuff….!
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1381 posts
1310 upvotes

July 28, 2018
Do you even know what maltodextrin is or are you just instantly triggering ohhh science word, must be scary and evil!

I don't want to alarm you but your house likely has dihydrogen monoxide in it!!! ohhhhhhhhhh scary

Its water....
Sep 2, 2017
831 posts
979 upvotes
Ontario
wildlele wrote: Do you even know what maltodextrin is or are you just instantly triggering ohhh science word, must be scary and evil!

I don't want to alarm you but your house likely has dihydrogen monoxide in it!!! ohhhhhhhhhh scary

Its water....
But it sounds similar and scary to those silia gel packs we aren't supposed to eat! but they sure look tasty!
Apr 9, 2012
455 posts
348 upvotes
lleb13 wrote: Hey guys, green superfood powder is on sale. It doesn't get much cheaper than this. I use it for my daily breakfast/post workout shake.

Yes, you can eat fruits and vegetables instead of using a powder supplement. Yes it's cheaper.
REALLY? Did you know that using the word or term "superfood" is now illegal in the EU? So what do the EU "know" that regulators here won't acknowledge about these supplement scams?

If the OP title just said, "Green Powder" on sale, which it might in the EU Smiling Face With Open Mouth, would any of you even open the link? Throw in the con title "superfood" & suddenly it's legit?

Just eat real food & more fruits & vegetables!
Sep 2, 2017
831 posts
979 upvotes
Ontario
Mtnviewer wrote: REALLY? Did you know that using the word or term "superfood" is now illegal in the EU? So what do the EU "know" that regulators here won't acknowledge about these supplement scams?

If the OP title just said, "Green Powder" on sale, which it might in the EU Smiling Face With Open Mouth, would any of you even open the link? Throw in the con title "superfood" & suddenly it's legit?

Just eat real food & more fruits & vegetables!
Tell that to the millions buying "whey" just eat more protein
Jun 26, 2019
336 posts
814 upvotes
Yeah... I wouldn't take this shit. Ask yourself these questions:

1. Are the ingredients scientifically-proven to provide benefits in the given doses?
2. Is the product routinely tested by a third-party testing organization to guarantee this product has what is says it has and doesn't have excess heavy metals?
3. Is this a good deal at the price?

The answer to all of these questions is NO!

Furthermore, just remember that Nate Diaz (a pro athlete) tested positive for SARMS from taking a very popular vegan multivitamin.