Applies to "Petite" size only, 60 treats

https://www.amazon.ca/Greenies-10096453 ... e1230944f0
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9683 posts
3095 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Greenies are known to cause DEATH in dogs, if you care about your dog, avoid these like plague, literally. Google for more info.
[OP]
Banned
Dec 23, 2016
260 posts
471 upvotes
Andro wrote: Greenies are known to cause DEATH in dogs, if you care about your dog, avoid these like plague, literally. Google for more info.
I just did, didn't see anything specifically about Greenies. I just keep seeing the same article from 2006.

Dogs can also die from choking on kibble, and just about everything else. Just like how we can die from choking on popcorn - let's ban that too?

Hysteria
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9683 posts
3095 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
prodrevio wrote: I just did, didn't see anything specifically about Greenies. I just keep seeing the same article from 2006.

Dogs can also die from choking on kibble, and just about everything else. Just like how we can die from choking on popcorn - let's ban that too?

Hysteria
Honestly, if the information that pops up does not make you even a bit sceptical on this food, then I am not sure what would. Is it worth the risk? Or are you just trying to win an argument at all costs?

Hysteria? Who cares, I'd rather not lose my dog/pet over some questionable food. I am all for saving money, but there is a limit. Think about it...
:facepalm:
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2004
1146 posts
399 upvotes
Victoria
In a recent CNN story, it was revealed that at least 13 dogs have died after being fed “a greeny,” which is the top-selling dog treat in America.

The Greenies brand dog treats can become stuck in a dog’s throat or intestine where, according to some veterinarians, they do not break down properly for swallowing or digestion.

Despite the fact that Greenies are marketed and packaged as being easily digested, a veterinarian from Denver, Colorado told CNN “Certainly the ones that we’ve taken out, esophageal or intestinal, that have been in for days are still very hard”.

At least one set of dog owners, Michael Eastwood and wife Jenny Reiff, have filed a lawsuit against Greenies. They will be taking the dog treat company to court for $5 million in New York, blaming Greenies for the death of their dog Burt.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Jul 8, 2013
302 posts
67 upvotes
Montreal
The deal is warm, I got my dog 130 greenies (Teenie) for $40 at PetSmart on Boxing Day.
[OP]
Banned
Dec 23, 2016
260 posts
471 upvotes
dickybird wrote: In a recent CNN story, it was revealed that at least 13 dogs have died after being fed “a greeny,” which is the top-selling dog treat in America.

The Greenies brand dog treats can become stuck in a dog’s throat or intestine where, according to some veterinarians, they do not break down properly for swallowing or digestion.

Despite the fact that Greenies are marketed and packaged as being easily digested, a veterinarian from Denver, Colorado told CNN “Certainly the ones that we’ve taken out, esophageal or intestinal, that have been in for days are still very hard”.

At least one set of dog owners, Michael Eastwood and wife Jenny Reiff, have filed a lawsuit against Greenies. They will be taking the dog treat company to court for $5 million in New York, blaming Greenies for the death of their dog Burt.
Yeah, that's the only case I found, from 2006.

Nothing has come up since.

If I give my 98lb labrador a tiny hard greenies treat, will he choke? Yeah, probably. Get treats/food that's meant for the size of the dog you have.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
4980 posts
267 upvotes
Stoney Creek
Moral of the story: Don't feed your pet anything cuz they might choke. ;)
Sep 30, 2010
435 posts
153 upvotes
Markham
This also really depends if you pup chews their food! Mine chews his Greenies and even his tiny Fromm kibble that he gets...just make sure they have an abundance amount of water available after their Greenie.

If your dog is the type that hoovers their food - might be better off with something that melts on contact with saliva or you as the owner should be brushing their teeth instead!

Nonetheless - Amazon deal is dead but these are currently on sale at Pet Valu @ $10 off 27OZ boxes if anyone is still interested.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13902 posts
8995 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Oh my...would somebody think of the little Puppies!!!!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!