Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] GreenWorks 27022 10 Amp 14" Corded Dethatcher - $149

  • Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 2:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 21, 2002
1321 posts
136 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] GreenWorks 27022 10 Amp 14" Corded Dethatcher - $149

Got a CCC hit on the Greenworks unit and watching it the last few weeks. Flucuated from 284 to 262 to 214 now to 149. Missed the sale from a few weeks ago. Understanding these will go on clearance near the end of the season however at 149 hard to pass up. Consistently better reviews than the SunJoe (belt will slip) and the WORX unit (bag is useless).

Not sure how long $149 will last, so buy now and think later.

Image
57 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1796 posts
1226 upvotes
I still can't wrap my head around why these forums go nuts for this specific GreenWorks branded machine when the identical one goes for $129.99 regularly at Canadian Tire. They share identical parts and is made by GreenWorks.
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/yard ... 3864p.html (It was just on for $129.99 last week)
Newbie
Nov 27, 2017
22 posts
19 upvotes
Chewfam wrote: I still can't wrap my head around why these forums go nuts for this specific GreenWorks branded machine when the identical one goes for $129.99 regularly at Canadian Tire. They share identical parts and is made by GreenWorks.
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/yard ... 3864p.html (It was just on for $129.99 last week)
Right, however, it is currently $199.99...
Member
User avatar
Jan 19, 2008
304 posts
54 upvotes
I bought this from Walmart about a week and half ago for $148. It works well. I was hoping to get the newer sunjoe but didn’t feel like waiting for the price drops and shipping times.
Sr. Member
Apr 1, 2013
628 posts
770 upvotes
Fredericton
spooftime wrote: Right, however, it is currently $199.99...
Next week's flyer is up and it's on sale again for $129.99 starting Friday.
Member
Dec 9, 2003
317 posts
126 upvotes
CaptainCrash wrote: I am waiting for the Sunjoe to arrive - since it has the dethatcher and scarifier I think its a better buy. $178 comes with bag

https://www.amazon.ca/Sun-Joe-AJ801E-De ... B01FEATL2I
Isn't a scarifier just another word for a dethatcher?

"A lawn scarifier, sometimes referred to as a 'dethatcher', is a garden tool that is designed to cut through the soil, helping to remove dead moss and other debris like grass cuttings."
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1873 posts
1101 upvotes
Hamilton
janko023 wrote: Isn't a scarifier just another word for a dethatcher?

"A lawn scarifier, sometimes referred to as a 'dethatcher', is a garden tool that is designed to cut through the soil, helping to remove dead moss and other debris like grass cuttings."
The scarifier creates grooves or cuts in the soil - the dethatching tines pull the grass thatch up. This unit has two attachments.
Member
Nov 15, 2006
483 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
are the Greenwork lawn mowers good? e.g. comparing with Toro
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 5, 2007
5456 posts
1208 upvotes
416
CaptainCrash wrote: I am waiting for the Sunjoe to arrive - since it has the dethatcher and scarifier I think its a better buy. $178 comes with bag

https://www.amazon.ca/Sun-Joe-AJ801E-De ... B01FEATL2I
Yep still waiting for HD to ship the Sunjoe I ordered last week. No rush though as I won't need it anytime soon as I already dethatched manually with my dethaching rake.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 29, 2002
4957 posts
1479 upvotes
Vancouver
so this item is basically once a year use (in spring)
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 28, 2009
612 posts
383 upvotes
Pickering
Chewfam wrote: I still can't wrap my head around why these forums go nuts for this specific GreenWorks branded machine when the identical one goes for $129.99 regularly at Canadian Tire. They share identical parts and is made by GreenWorks.
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/yard ... 3864p.html (It was just on for $129.99 last week)
I must say I picked this up 2 months ago during the last sale at Canadiantire, it's an excellent product, was able to go over 900 sqft of lawn in 20min, got a bag and a half of thatch. Be sure to watch youtube videos on how to operate these without breaking the things that pull out the thatch as they can bend and break off if you turn the machine during operation. Very happy with my purchase.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 30, 2003
7279 posts
631 upvotes
hesp wrote: so this item is basically once a year use (in spring)
Yeah, I'm on the fence if I want to pay for this to use once or twice a year vs raking. I did my new lawn already with the rake, aerated, and laid seed and fertilizer, and this will take up space unused for 99% of the year. Maybe buy one for the neighbourhood, but not sure if even that is worth it.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.

Top