• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2021 4:24 pm
[OP]
Aug 6, 2012
295 posts
124 upvotes
TORONTO

[Amazon.ca] Greenworks 80V String trimmer (attachment capable) - $145.68

Not the time of year that people are thinking about it but the lowest Amazon price on a good string trimmer.

Takes most attachments. Ryobi and Echo.

Update 3: price now down to 145.68
Last edited by jeremy4 on Dec 28th, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5228 posts
2602 upvotes
Ottawa
Good deal - I would have to modify it to accept my Kobalt 80v batteries and the deal isn't quite good enough to incentivize me to go to that much trouble. I already have a heavy duty Stihl 4 stroke string trimmer so the need isn't that great. Now, if it came closer to $120, I'd be all in.
[OP]
Aug 6, 2012
295 posts
124 upvotes
TORONTO
CaptSmethwick wrote: Good deal - I would have to modify it to accept my Kobalt 80v batteries and the deal isn't quite good enough to incentivize me to go to that much trouble. I already have a heavy duty Stihl 4 stroke string trimmer so the need isn't that great. Now, if it came closer to $120, I'd be all in.
I have a Stihl as well. Good for me but others in the house can't stand trying to pull start. My stihl cant take attachments either so looking forward to throwing on a hedge trimmer an edger and maybe a cultivator. Will be keeping an eye out for good sales on those.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5228 posts
2602 upvotes
Ottawa
jeremy4 wrote: I have a Stihl as well. Good for me but others in the house can't stand trying to pull start. My stihl cant take attachments either so looking forward to throwing on a hedge trimmer an edger and maybe a cultivator. Will be keeping an eye out for good sales on those.
You are fortunate to have others in your family whose sole barrier to using a string trimmer is how difficult it is to start...
[OP]
Aug 6, 2012
295 posts
124 upvotes
TORONTO
CaptSmethwick wrote: You are fortunate to have others in your family whose sole barrier to using a string trimmer is how difficult it is to start...
Wouldn't say it's the sole barrier but its the one most often mentioned Face With Tears Of Joy
Feb 1, 2013
146 posts
191 upvotes
Ottawa
The model shown is not what your going to get. The model you will get is the updated version. Slow at start up but spins a bit faster then the one shown in the picture. The one in the picture gets up to speed faster but spins a bit slower.. I didn't like this. You won't see the newer model with the on/off button.
processed.jpg
[OP]
Aug 6, 2012
295 posts
124 upvotes
TORONTO
jgoedhard wrote: The model shown is not what your going to get. The model you will get is the updated version. Slow at start up but spins a bit faster then the one shown in the picture. The one in the picture gets up to speed faster but spins a bit slower.. I didn't like this. You won't see the newer model with the on/off button.
Which one is which? When ordering today do you get the one on the left or the one on the right?
[OP]
Aug 6, 2012
295 posts
124 upvotes
TORONTO
CaptSmethwick wrote: Good deal - I would have to modify it to accept my Kobalt 80v batteries and the deal isn't quite good enough to incentivize me to go to that much trouble. I already have a heavy duty Stihl 4 stroke string trimmer so the need isn't that great. Now, if it came closer to $120, I'd be all in.
How much closer are you looking for? Now down to $145.68
Feb 1, 2013
146 posts
191 upvotes
Ottawa
jeremy4 wrote: Which one is which? When ordering today do you get the one on the left or the one on the right?
you get the one on the left