[Amazon.ca] Gtracing leather gaming/office chair - $169.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2019 8:27 am
[OP]
Jul 2, 2018
45 posts
76 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Gtracing leather gaming/office chair - $169.99

There is a lightning deal on amazon for the gtracing leather gaming/office chair. Black leather.

Chair has fairly good reviews and price is good too !

Url: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07CQK8ZRP/ref ... YCbRKAWZ13
27 replies
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1533 posts
2600 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Does it trace ray?
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
[OP]
Jul 2, 2018
45 posts
76 upvotes
it can ...if you mean wheeling your self to the bathroom quickly
Jul 10, 2017
227 posts
190 upvotes
how is this compared to a dxracer? especially for the price point? im on the edge of buying this, don't really have 200 for a chair but ive kinda wanted something similar to a dxracer for awhile.
Apr 7, 2009
412 posts
84 upvotes
Oshawa
Bought this chair last week.

Easy to set-up / sturdy / fairly comfortable. Would recommend at $170
Sep 2, 2017
814 posts
913 upvotes
Ontario
Will go perfect with my racing bed
Oct 25, 2010
745 posts
347 upvotes
Bonded leather peels and looks like crap quite quickly
Apr 9, 2017
143 posts
153 upvotes
BC
In before people asking how will this chair makes me better at gaming. Also, you should go buy a Herman Miller/Steelcase and if you cant afford it go get it from craiglist for a faction of the price
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1937 posts
4169 upvotes
Markham
Why do people spend $200 to destroy their own backs?
Jul 10, 2017
227 posts
190 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: Why do people spend $200 to destroy their own backs?
Explain? I was buying this to actually hope it might help my back. I purchased it but can easily cancel if i change my mind so im curious.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3169 posts
2043 upvotes
Langley
OP fix title.. This is not a leather chair...

Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5079 upvotes
ON
jellytime wrote: OP fix title.. This is not a leather chair...

It is leather. The kind you get off a polyurethane cow...
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1937 posts
4169 upvotes
Markham
polarbearx wrote: Explain? I was buying this to actually hope it might help my back. I purchased it but can easily cancel if i change my mind so im curious.
These chairs mimic sports car bucket seats. The sports car seats have a purpose: they let you make high speed and tight turns without sliding around in your seat (hence the side bolsters), but they're not designed for ergonomics as top priority. Try sitting in a sports car seat and drive a few hours; it's not good for your back at all.

Having this kind of seating in an office/home setting, where (I hope) you are not making high speed, tight turns is pointless. It just breaks your back over time. There's a reason why no office in the world uses "racing seats" for their workers, who tend to sit all day.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5079 upvotes
ON
Dave510 wrote: Why do people spend $200 to destroy their own backs?
Same reason they do drugs, alcohol etc. Spending is an addiction.
Jul 10, 2017
227 posts
190 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: These chairs mimic sports car bucket seats. The sports car seats have a purpose: they let you make high speed and tight turns without sliding around in your seat (hence the side bolsters), but they're not designed for ergonomics as top priority. Try sitting in a sports car seat and drive a few hours; it's not good for your back at all.

Having this kind of seating in an office/home setting, where (I hope) you are not making high speed, tight turns is pointless. It just breaks your back over time. There's a reason why no office in the world uses "racing seats" for their workers, who tend to sit all day.
Interesting, Thanks. I was honestly hoping since i use a generic chair right now and BARELY use the backrest while sitting upright that maybe this chair i would be able to sit up right and use the backrest more for support.
Oct 25, 2018
871 posts
881 upvotes
Jimbo67 wrote: Will go perfect with my racing bed
My wife tells me it's not a race every single time....She just hates coming in 2nd!
Last edited by MikeB84225 on May 2nd, 2019 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19454 posts
8936 upvotes
Oakville
I've got the slightly higher end model with the footrest (and the butt side bolsters that don't go up as high): https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B079P3DHXJ

It's got decent butt support, firm but not uncomfortably so, and the lumbar pillow is nice. The neck pillow is useless if you're over about 6' tall though, it becomes an uncomfortable "upper back pillow" instead :P The PU leather isn't very breathable though.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2009
1166 posts
301 upvotes
Burlington
PU leather is garbage. In a few years it will start peeling off and look like sh*t making a mess on your floor, etc. I'll never buy any chair with PU "leather" again.

I hate products like this. It's just disposable junk, made to look nice for a couple years and then fall apart and throw in the landfill.