Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] GUM Advanced Care Flossers, Fresh Mint Dental String Floss Picks, Vitamin E & Fluoride, 90 Count - $3.99 -> $2.78!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2021 3:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1385 posts
2074 upvotes
Toronto :)

[Amazon.ca] GUM Advanced Care Flossers, Fresh Mint Dental String Floss Picks, Vitamin E & Fluoride, 90 Count - $3.99 -> $2.78!

These make flossing easy!
Good price for $2.78 each: https://www.amazon.ca/GUM-Eez-Thru-Flos ... hpc&sr=1-6
Happy flossing!
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
41 replies
Mar 23, 2017
672 posts
1204 upvotes
Toronto
Add-on. Min 2 required
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2002
1641 posts
1048 upvotes
I buy a 90pk from Dollar Tree for $1.25 and they work just fine.

What dancing banana ?
Feb 15, 2019
77 posts
111 upvotes
Do these break easily? I have another dollar store type cheap ones (60 pack) that break before I can finish flossing
Dec 12, 2013
62 posts
189 upvotes
Honestly, not here to lecture at all but I feel these one-use plastics are terrible for the environment.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
3080 posts
2493 upvotes
Main & Hastings
ZuesArete wrote: Honestly, not here to lecture at all but I feel these one-use plastics are terrible for the environment.
I use to think the same then I realized

These are nothing compared to
Zip loc bags
Plastic grocery bags
Coffee cups from Timmy, mcdonalds, star bucks etc...
Heck even if we recycled. That stuff doesn't even get recycled. It fly's to a 3rd world country on a jet plane and sits in the slums.
Nov 18, 2020
7 posts
19 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: I use to think the same then I realized

Zip loc bags
Plastic grocery bags
Heck even if we recycled. That stuff doesn't even get recycled. It fly's to a 3rd world country on a jet plane and sits in the slums.
mhmm that way of thinking doesnt really help
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2316 posts
1020 upvotes
Edmonton
These are very robust. We use about 2 a week, each. Just rinse after use.
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Oct 21, 2016
211 posts
620 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: I use to think the same then I realized

Zip loc bags
Plastic grocery bags
Then I also realized that I can skip single use bags, make my own coffee at home and reuse zip loc bags or use a box instead.
Jan 11, 2010
127 posts
104 upvotes
Imagine coming to a thread about dental floss and seeing the enviro warriors out in full force. What do you guys use as non single use replacement? Do you braid your hair into unbreakable strands?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4815 posts
2540 upvotes
Never liked these myself (breaking, plus you're probably prone to slamming your gums when you have resistance and push down hard), but I figure it's better than not flossing at all.

I used to like the Glide standard floss, the kinda filmy one, but not sure that cleans as well. I think you want something slightly abrasive that doesn't fray.
Dec 12, 2013
62 posts
189 upvotes
MrDigital wrote: Imagine coming to a thread about dental floss and seeing the enviro warriors out in full force. What do you guys use as non single use replacement? Do you braid your hair into unbreakable strands?
hardly an "enviro warrior", rather someone being a bit more conscious when it comes to things that are barely an inconvenience me when I use an alternative.

I.e. I don't use these flossing picks anymore, I use a waterpik.

What's interesting is how oddly defensive you got about it.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2671 posts
1097 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
yeah723 wrote: Then I also realized that I can skip single use bags, make my own coffee at home and reuse zip loc bags or use a box instead.
I'm with you on the reducing thing, not only on the Ziplocs but we even use Shop Towels and wash them in the laundry instead of using paper towels. Shop Towels last forever.

But having said that, we all waste something. And particularly with these flossers, I once asked on a similar thread a few years ago why they use flossers rather than dental floss because I was curious. Besides convenience, I recall a number of people saying due to arthritis and other hand-related limitations. And there were some other reasons, maybe it's easier for children? I don't recall. It was interesting though.
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2003 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
MrDigital wrote: Imagine coming to a thread about dental floss and seeing the enviro warriors out in full force. What do you guys use as non single use replacement? Do you braid your hair into unbreakable strands?
Regular floss. Without the unnecessary plastic handle. It's not really that big of a deal unless you have fingers that are somehow lacking mobility to reach the back molars. Then the dental floss box can be tossed in the blue bin.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1186 posts
1083 upvotes
just get the WP-72 water flosser for $50, it's awesome especially when u mix it with mouthwash! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Oct 8, 2019
7 posts
10 upvotes
ZuesArete wrote: hardly an "enviro warrior", rather someone being a bit more conscious when it comes to things that are barely an inconvenience me when I use an alternative.

ZuesArete wrote:
hardly an "enviro warrior", rather someone being a bit more conscious when it comes to things that are barely an inconvenience me when I use an alternative.

TheHans wrote: I'm with you on the reducing thing, not only on the Ziplocs but we even use Shop Towels and wash them in the laundry instead of using paper towels. Shop Towels last forever.

But having said that, we all waste something. And particularly with these flossers, I once asked on a similar thread a few years ago why they use flossers rather than dental floss because I was curious. Besides convenience, I recall a number of people saying due to arthritis and other hand-related limitations. And there were some other reasons, maybe it's easier for children? I don't recall. It was interesting though.
I don't understand why we, the common consumer has to be environmentally conscious when the higher ups don't care. If they don't care and do anything, it doesn't matter how many bags and coffee cups you don't use, there will never be a difference
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2441 posts
577 upvotes
Thornhill
Jluyhet wrote: I don't understand why we, the common consumer has to be environmentally conscious when the higher ups don't care. If they don't care and do anything, it doesn't matter how many bags and coffee cups you don't use, there will never be a difference
Well, we should push for the higher ups to do something, ideally...

But i agree. Also if you choose to have kids, that basically negates every single enviromentally friendly thing you've ever done anyway..

So i choose to not have children for the enviroment, but enjoy my life instead. And i'll probably be ahead of the enviromentally friendly people with children lol.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1429 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
Bencherstyle wrote: Well, we should push for the higher ups to do something, ideally...

But i agree. Also if you choose to have kids, that basically negates every single enviromentally friendly thing you've ever done anyway..

So i choose to not have children for the enviroment, but enjoy my life instead. And i'll probably be ahead of the enviromentally friendly people with children lol.
That's the first time I've seen kids mixed in the environmental argument. I decided to have kids and they will make up for all of the enviro damage our generation has done so I'm ahead Winking Face

Also, I buy these for my kids. Will stop when they can use regular floss.
=============
Heatware
Jan 11, 2010
127 posts
104 upvotes
Bencherstyle wrote: So i choose to not have children for the enviroment, but enjoy my life instead. And i'll probably be ahead of the enviromentally friendly people with children lol.
Wow. I have 5 kids and I use the hell out of disposable plastics. It’s good to be the king I guess.