• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2019 7:54 pm
[OP]
Oct 10, 2006
461 posts
494 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon Canada] Habor Air Fryer 5.8QT $99.99

See this air fryer on sales Smiling Face With Heart-shaped Eyes. Who loves healthy frying crispy food with minimal oil? I do! I have been using this one and the result is amazing! I definitely use that for more than fries. My friends were so impressed with my cooking at the last party Winking Face. It was $129, and now $99.99. PS, I also use it to reheat my leftover, taste so much better than using microwave.
Images
  • PhotoGrid_1566631719298.jpg
5 replies
Jan 3, 2009
106 posts
34 upvotes
Kanata
I bought an air fryer a couple of months... Great for everything. Is like a turbo convection oven which uses less power than your regular oven without overheating the kitchen. The downside is the small cooking size... Good for 2-3 people.

I bought a Gourmia air fryer from Costco in store for $70 and last time I checked, they still had plenty in stock.

Link to U.S. site:
https://www.costco.com/Gourmia-5-Qt-Dig ... 04905.html
[OP]
Oct 10, 2006
461 posts
494 upvotes
Ottawa
@grimm, I know which one you are talking about. I tried that one as well, but I found it was a little bit too small. The Costco one was 4.7qt. This Habor one is 5.8qt. Big enough for my home cooking (for 2 big eaters Face Savouring Delicious FoodFace Savouring Delicious Food) and occasionally partying with few more people.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7414 posts
3772 upvotes
North York
I bought this one as well. Much more worthwhile than getting a sous vide, IMHO.
My Anova is now gathering dust because it takes hours to get anything cooked and then you still have to pan-fry the food afterwards.
I love how this gadget, on the other hand, turns food crispy, yet still remain juicy due to the amazingly short cooking time. And I'm eating healthy too as no oil is required.
The product comes with a nice recipe booklet too, making sure you're aware that the air fryer can do much more than fries and chicken nuggets.
I have cooked chicken wings/thighs, pork chops, salmon, shrimps, salt & pepper tofu, calzones, corn, and even made banana bread with mine.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23396 posts
9032 upvotes
Sweety wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 3:31 am
Who loves healthy frying crispy food with minimal oil? I do!
Now... if only a device like this were to actually exist.
This isn't because this is an oven. Not a fryer.
I really hope no one expects the same qualities as deep fried out of an oven.

Source: I have a bunch of Air fryers ovens that make fine ovens but terrible fryers.
[OP]
Oct 10, 2006
461 posts
494 upvotes
Ottawa
DragonRider wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 5:31 pm
I bought this one as well. Much more worthwhile than getting a sous vide, IMHO.
My Anova is now gathering dust because it takes hours to get anything cooked and then you still have to pan-fry the food afterwards.
I love how this gadget, on the other hand, turns food crispy, yet still remain juicy due to the amazingly short cooking time. And I'm eating healthy too as no oil is required.
The product comes with a nice recipe booklet too, making sure you're aware that the air fryer can do much more than fries and chicken nuggets.
I have cooked chicken wings/thighs, pork chops, salmon, shrimps, salt & pepper tofu, calzones, corn, and even made banana bread with mine.
Love to hear someone else have the same heart experience as me! Smiling Face With Heart-shaped Eyes