Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Hair Clippers, 321OU Electric Hair Clippers, Professional Hair Trimmer- $24.99 after $10 coupon

Aug 29, 2018
762 posts
761 upvotes
marvelsun2 wrote: Can you please share the link?
https://poshmark.ca/listing/NEW-WAHL-De ... gJlWPD_BwE

Theres no link on Costco online, its sold in store, I grabbed mine a couple months ago, it was a blue box, now they've change the box design a little to a gold/black branding box but everything else is same, design of the clippers themselves changed a tad. Was searching for the Elite Pro version locally forever months ago but could never find any in stock in time so ended up settling for this Deluxe kit.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6998 posts
3319 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Get this one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UK ... UTF8&psc=1
You wont regret it.
The problem with cheap clipper is that it cannot keep up with the speed you move it.
So it ended up pulling your hair and feel pain.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Sep 1, 2008
320 posts
305 upvotes
Thanks OP for posting. Looks like a good deal considering it's cordless with lithium battery. But is the longest adapter comb really just 5mm? That's only good for beards and not head hair. Hair shave not haircut.
May 12, 2012
620 posts
688 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
peakingduck wrote: Anyone know of any trimmers on the lower price range that can line up beards? The past few ones I’ve tried dont get close enough
Not sure what you entail by lower price range. Personally, I am using this:
https://www.amazon.ca/Multigroom-Access ... 193&sr=8-5
On sale, I was able to snag it for $34 from Walmart 2-3 years ago.
May 12, 2012
620 posts
688 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
peakingduck wrote: I have the multigroom but it doesn't seem to get close enough to the skin for me! Otherwise it's a good trimmer
I use the multigroom to line up and then finish it with a single blade razor. In my experience, trimmers usually don't get a clean, almost shave like finish. It also depends on the length of your beard. I keep mine between 3-5mm in length, so I can't get away with a 1mm, it looks too long. I have a friend who has a much longer beard, and a 1mm finish looks really clean; he doesn't need to shave after.

There are some really expensive options that can accomplish this, but that's not the criteria of course.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4596 posts
6255 upvotes
Vancouver
"Adjustable 5 hair trimmer combs(1/2/3/4/5mm)"...

Seriously???

Useless for hear... Not even up to No. 2
Last edited by max011 on Sep 25th, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4596 posts
6255 upvotes
Vancouver
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Get this one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UK ... UTF8&psc=1
You wont regret it.
The problem with cheap clipper is that it cannot keep up with the speed you move it.
So it ended up pulling your hair and feel pain.
Great brand, with 10 combs... Good price... but wired... Disappointed But Relieved Face

EDIT: And, ohhh, it's .com........
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Jun 17, 2018
131 posts
245 upvotes
elfen2 wrote: OP's trimmer is cordless, this one isn't.
That's right. I recommended that one to stay in/under OP's price range. In that price range, corded ones are your best bet. In general, cordless trimmers, even the best ones, are weaker than the corded ones. A cheap cordless one from a company that is not committed to quality will be much worse. The reason that the corded ones are cheap(er) is their simple construction: no lithium ion battery, no charger, no charge or discharge monitoring circuitry, no DC motor; just a simple direct drive AC motor that is relatively stronger and more durable. So if cost is the primary concern, then go with a corded one from Wahl / Andis / Oster. The combs etc. are pieces of plastic, so they are cheap and it is easy to throw in 10 or even 20 pieces.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2967 posts
3958 upvotes
BC
Ferny111 wrote: I use the multigroom to line up and then finish it with a single blade razor. In my experience, trimmers usually don't get a clean, almost shave like finish. It also depends on the length of your beard. I keep mine between 3-5mm in length, so I can't get away with a 1mm, it looks too long. I have a friend who has a much longer beard, and a 1mm finish looks really clean; he doesn't need to shave after.

There are some really expensive options that can accomplish this, but that's not the criteria of course.
Yeah I usually use a straight edge but would be nice to have something for quick touchups.

The Kemei KM-1971 seems to perform well and is pretty popular on barber youtubers. It's around $30-$40 on aliexpress/ebay. I'm probably going to pick one up.

Funny thing, I own a knockoff of it that I bought from amazon a few months ago. Thought it was just a generic trimmer. Actually works pretty decent (best detailer I've used so far) but not as clean as the legit model.
Nov 23, 2004
593 posts
917 upvotes
Ontario
DesiredUsernam6 wrote: How reliable is the fakespost? I always rely on reviews with pics and verified purchases.
You are relying on the shilled reviews themselves then.

These scummy sellers have people buy the product (so they get the verified flag) and then refund them out the back door via PayPal or eTransfer.

Also keep in mind that very few legitimate buyers of products go the extra mile to photograph their products for reviews either. Legitimate reviews are usually the small one paragraph ones with no pictures. If it has pictures, especially more than one, it's a sham. If it's really long, usually a sham. If it has video, it's especially a sham because no legitimate buyers produce video reviews for their amazon purchases...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
5677 posts
5315 upvotes
Downtown Canada
i wouldn't trust this brand with my hair at least what left of it anyway
Aug 2, 2014
394 posts
376 upvotes
Vancity
peakingduck wrote: Yeah I usually use a straight edge but would be nice to have something for quick touchups.

The Kemei KM-1971 seems to perform well and is pretty popular on barber youtubers. It's around $30-$40 on aliexpress/ebay. I'm probably going to pick one up.
Safe to say this is the best affordable option for cordless zero gap trimmer? I'm looking for something to keep facial hair zero'd without actually shaving, plus trimming and detailing around the ears and neck between trips to the barber.
Aug 2, 2014
394 posts
376 upvotes
Vancity
mindabsence wrote: You are relying on the shilled reviews themselves then.

These scummy sellers have people buy the product (so they get the verified flag) and then refund them out the back door via PayPal or eTransfer.

Also keep in mind that very few legitimate buyers of products go the extra mile to photograph their products for reviews either. Legitimate reviews are usually the small one paragraph ones with no pictures. If it has pictures, especially more than one, it's a sham. If it's really long, usually a sham. If it has video, it's especially a sham because no legitimate buyers produce video reviews for their amazon purchases...
Reviewmeta.com is supposed to be way better, for now. Only so much you can do to avoid the china generic junk.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3269 posts
1674 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. This came along at the right time for me. I read the reviews critically, and believe most of them (most like the unit without being overly glowing, and still point out a con) Along with the absence of real bad reviews, I'm in.