Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Hamilton Beach 40715 Espresso Maker -- 49.97$

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2019 5:06 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4419 posts
11419 upvotes
Quebec

[Amazon.ca] Hamilton Beach 40715 Espresso Maker -- 49.97$

Not the best Espresso Maker, but at this price....

In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Thanks man. Bought one. Figured for the price, its worth it for making an espresso the odd time for dinner guests. CCC says its been lower (like 6 years ago) and flirted with the same price a few times briefly over the years, so overall looks like a good deal I think.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5244 posts
3523 upvotes
This was my "first" espresso machine. It lasted an hour.

Unlike 99% of other machines out there, this is not self-priming and out of the box it wouldn't prime itself properly and couldn't build pressure at all. Refunded and spent another $40 for a Delonghi. That one lasted me 3 years before I sold it for $40.

Espresso machines have 4 categories

$50-90: Don't do it
$90-150: Good to learn and start, will fall apart and die in 2-5 years
$150-400: Don't do it, will fall apart and die in 2-5 years
$400-800: Get something here for something that lasts
$800+: You're not an RFDder :) (unless it was 80% off with 8 coupons)
Dec 13, 2006
722 posts
652 upvotes
Vancouver
bhrm wrote: This was my "first" espresso machine. It lasted an hour.

Unlike 99% of other machines out there, this is not self-priming and out of the box it wouldn't prime itself properly and couldn't build pressure at all. Refunded and spent another $40 for a Delonghi. That one lasted me 3 years before I sold it for $40.

its not really an espresso machine.. i would go for the $100 entry ones over this pos... when you get real machine, remember your grinder is more important than your machine..
Sep 12, 2002
410 posts
596 upvotes
Canada
meatwagon wrote: its not really an espresso machine.. i would go for the $100 entry ones over this pos... when you get real machine, remember your grinder is more important than your machine..
This, can't agree more about this.
Crap grinder with excellent machine will get crap espresso, but excellent grinder with crap machine will surprisingly give decent espresso.
Apr 2, 2017
339 posts
280 upvotes
System wrote: This, can't agree more about this.
Crap grinder with excellent machine will get crap espresso, but excellent grinder with crap machine will surprisingly give decent espresso.
It's like all wheel drive and winter tires, I see...
Dec 11, 2003
909 posts
1146 upvotes
Ottawa
Upvote for the finding.
But I do not recommend this Espresso Maker because of the quality (my experience is bad). Although the price is a good price, I still prefer spending $49.97 in a restaruant with family.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4419 posts
11419 upvotes
Quebec
yoyo_5411 wrote: I'm thinking to get my first espresso machine... after reading the comments and browsing on Amazon, I found Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine on sale for $169.99 (229.99), is it a good buy? Thanks!
Sub 170$ is the regular price. I have this machine since 9 years and it's working perfectly. As the other person says, with a good coffee grounds, you should be satisfied with the espresso quality
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
Mar 18, 2005
441 posts
399 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
yoyo_5411 wrote: I'm thinking to get my first espresso machine... after reading the comments and browsing on Amazon, I found Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine on sale for $169.99 (229.99), is it a good buy? Thanks!
I’ve had the Cafe Roma for over 3 years thanks to RFD. It was $130, but I haven’t seen it at that price since. If you’re willing to spend a bit more (around $400-$500 for the barista express that I’ve seen on sale a few times lately), I would skip this one. If not, the Cafe Roma is a good machine after a few changes.

First, get a non-pressurized basket (also called “single wall”). It’s no longer in stock on the official Breville.ca site, but you can get one on Amazon for cheap. Second, get a 50mm tamper, since the one that comes with it doesn’t do much. Third, remove the “guard” on the milk frother. And as mentioned previously, get a good burr grinder.

I can pull a decent espresso shot, and froth latte-art quality foam with enough patience. For sub-$200, it’s a good machine to learn on, and I used to use it almost daily, until I started brewing pour-over coffee. I’m waiting for a deal on a sesame black dual-boiler, and I’ll eventually get that to replace the Cafe Roma.
Apr 2, 2017
339 posts
280 upvotes
This was the machine I almost bought, and feel is at the entry level of 'good' espresso machines.

Haven't bought yet since I have a decent supply of pods to go with the Nespresso machine I currently own, once that is over will probably buy this one.
Penalty Box
Dec 12, 2014
398 posts
318 upvotes
vancouver, bc
Espresso machine exist below $200 ????
Sep 12, 2002
410 posts
596 upvotes
Canada
I never own that brevill machine but I would recommend to shop for a grinder first then I would recommend to look for used for espresso machine. (just be patient) I got my used Gaggia Classic for 150$ on kijiji... yes it was a 2007. It cost me 50$ to change the seals and shower secreens and now it works like new. Few days ago there was a Rancillio Silvia that was on FB marketplace for 150$ that got sold under 2 hours... (I was to late).

To be honest if your budget is 230$, i would recommend to save a bit more for a decent grinder... then... shop for used espresso machine.
Oct 18, 2012
854 posts
1251 upvotes
Montréal
I have owned a similar espresso maker(kitchenaid brand),
seems these entry level espresso makers have the same internal design/mechanism
my espresso maker worked fine except the milk frother broke after one year of using it

if you are really short in budget, this one does provide a alright espresso, worth the price.

PS: I am currently using a Delonghi Dedeica, love it !
Jun 3, 2007
202 posts
165 upvotes
Mine is still working after 4 years! We make at least 8 espressos per day. This is a great deal at $50!!

I bought a $500 Breville model before and it broke after 6 months!

Yes and get a good Burr Grinder!

bhrm wrote: This was my "first" espresso machine. It lasted an hour.

Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1993 posts
513 upvotes
Toronto
+1

Gaggia has been working great for at least 10 years.

Rancilio are also great machines.

Cheers!
System wrote: I never own that brevill machine but I would recommend to shop for a grinder first then I would recommend to look for used for espresso machine. (just be patient) I got my used Gaggia Classic for 150$ on kijiji... yes it was a 2007. It cost me 50$ to change the seals and shower secreens and now it works like new. Few days ago there was a Rancillio Silvia that was on FB marketplace for 150$ that got sold under 2 hours... (I was to late).

To be honest if your budget is 230$, i would recommend to save a bit more for a decent grinder... then... shop for used espresso machine.
Last edited by badass on Apr 26th, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread started in 2016 - 1927 fully gutted and renovated 2 storey detached home in the big T.O. - small projects still in progress.

RFD priceless!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5244 posts
3523 upvotes
My eyes are on the Gaggia Classic as next machine, after I attempt to repair my Delonghi. The fancy digital semi-auto controls fried itself.
badass wrote: +1

Gaggia has been working great for great for at least 10 years.

Rancilio are also great machines.

Cheers!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
I cancelled my order based on the feedback in this thread. I don't drink espresso, but thought it a cheap way to serve guests after dinner or whatnot, but I don't want a piece of garbage either. And its probably something I didn't really need anyways.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)