Amazon.ca

Hamilton Beach 70730C 10 Cup Food Processor with Bowl Scraping Feature - $45

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2021 1:27 pm
[OP]
Jun 30, 2019
570 posts
1314 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Hamilton Beach 70730C 10 Cup Food Processor with Bowl Scraping Feature - $45

I was looking for a food processor and landed on this, the price is at ATL.
https://www.amazon.ca/Hamilton-Beach-Pr ... 134&sr=8-5
8 replies
Nov 24, 2010
61 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Looks like it's a pretty good unit with solid reviews. I was in the market for one so ordered :)
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1137 posts
2832 upvotes
This is a health hazard because many customers report the black plastics chipping/breaking off and mixed into your food risking plastic ingestion. Also horrible support from this brand
It's not worth the risk
Last edited by almasyseifer on Sep 12th, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have spoken
[OP]
Jun 30, 2019
570 posts
1314 upvotes
almasyseifer wrote: This is a health hazard because many customers report the black plastics chipping/breaking off and mixed into your food risking plastic ingestion. Also horrible support from this brand
I just looked at the reviews it seems like the motor might die at any moment idk if it's that good of a deal after having a second look.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1137 posts
2832 upvotes
Spiritualx wrote: I just looked at the reviews it seems like the motor might die at any moment idk if it's that good of a deal after having a second look.
Yes also a widely reported issue. This is the kind of stuff that looks good on paper and that I would love to buy but just can't when I see the dangerous things people are dealing with here
I have spoken
Nov 24, 2010
61 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you for taking the efforts to highlight some of the issues with the unit. 71% of 24,177 who reviewed the unit felt it was worthy of 5 starts.

I don't disagree with you on the aspect of it not worth the risk, however, even in looking at the reviews you posted, many people are using their food processor as a blender rather than what it's designed for. If you want to make drinks or smoothies, buy a Ninja or a Vitamix. It's like saying my hair dryer is junk because when I tried to heat my bath tub of water it blew up.

That being said, I've cancelled my order and will purchase something through Costco which will provide me with better return options over Amazon.

Thanks again for your effort.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3371 posts
808 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
i purchased one of these new from bestbuy a couple months ago because reviews seemed good and i like the concept of the scraper.

It is EXTREMELY lightweight. Which is a bad thing in my opinion for an appliance like this.
It only has suction cup feet on the bottom probably because it's soo light that it will move around otherwise. I found it very annoying
It was very loud. Much more than any other food processor i've heard but then again it think i've only ever heard kitchenaids and cuisinarts.
It started getting louder and grinding within a week.
It would still make noise but no longer turned the blade a few days later.
I returned it and am buying a kitchenaid or cuisinart. Not that they're guaranteed to be good, just more likely.
Mar 7, 2017
824 posts
404 upvotes
Had one of these, motor burnt out after one use!! Yes ONE time use, reached out to their warranty Dept. And surprisingly easy to deal with and they sent me another one, guess what, damn motor burnt out again after ONE use!!! Stay far away from this model, everyone in the reviews said their CS sucks, but I found that they were pretty accommodating.
**HAPPY ZOOMER CUSTOMER**
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10461 posts
2042 upvotes
Nowhere
I've had this food processor for about 5 or 6 years now and have had no problems with it. I bought it because of the low price and great reviews after I ruined the shredder disk on my old more expensive food processor. This one is much lighter and it has become my go to food processor since I store both in the basement. I have never used the bowl scraper and have never seen any black pieces in my food. I mainly use the slicing/shredding disk. I have recommended it to friends. Note Canadian Tire has it on sale this week and Amazon has lowered their price to match it.
April 28th is a National Day of Mourning for those killed or injured on the job. Mourn for the dead, fight for the living. We all deserve to return home safely at night.