• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2016 11:30 am
[OP]
Jul 4, 2015
45 posts
51 upvotes
Westbank, BC

[Amazon.ca] Hamilton-Beach Dual Breakfast Sandwich Maker $34.98

Good reviews, lowest historical price according to lightngdrop$.

edit: not the lowest ever apparently, but still a good price.
Last edited by 2wenty2wo on Oct 20th, 2016 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5745 posts
7329 upvotes
Not the lowest price. It was only $25 on June 10 - 11, 2016 and normally discount @ around $40
[OP]
Jul 4, 2015
45 posts
51 upvotes
Westbank, BC
lcmt wrote: Not the lowest price. It was only $25 on June 10 - 11, 2016 and normally discount @ around $40
Oh ok thanks for that info. Will edit title :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5745 posts
7329 upvotes
It was only 2 days sale, so yours is still a good price considering normal discount is around $40
2wenty2wo wrote:
lcmt wrote: Not the lowest price. It was only $25 on June 10 - 11, 2016 and normally discount @ around $40
Oh ok thanks for that info. :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9661 posts
6388 upvotes
Toronto
Got one of these from the last sale, works great.

One tip is to put the top bun on halfway through (rather than at the beginning) to not make a mess of the egg.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3939 posts
1599 upvotes
Scarborough
I watched a video of how this works, basically all it's doing is cooking the egg. If you want to add bacon or ham you need to pre-cook it in a pan prior to using this machine which kinda defeats the purpose if I'm having to use a pan anyways.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3393 posts
1975 upvotes
YUL/YVR
OrangeBerry wrote: I watched a video of how this works, basically all it's doing is cooking the egg. If you want to add bacon or ham you need to pre-cook it in a pan prior to using this machine which kinda defeats the purpose if I'm having to use a pan anyways.
Bacon - yes, but you could always just get pre-cooked ham.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3939 posts
1599 upvotes
Scarborough
AdamKing wrote:
OrangeBerry wrote: I watched a video of how this works, basically all it's doing is cooking the egg. If you want to add bacon or ham you need to pre-cook it in a pan prior to using this machine which kinda defeats the purpose if I'm having to use a pan anyways.
Than it's just a big bulky machine that cooks an egg and nothing else. If I have to preheat a pan to cook my bacon I might as well cook the egg on there too and save the dishwasher a cycle. It's more work doing this than actually making a breakfast sandwich the regular way.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8715 posts
5024 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote:
AdamKing wrote:
Than it's just a big bulky machine that cooks an egg and nothing else. If I have to preheat a pan to cook my bacon I might as well cook the egg on there too and save the dishwasher a cycle. It's more work doing this than actually making a breakfast sandwich the regular way.
+1

Its amazing seeing some of these useless kitchen appliances and knowing the fact that people will actually buy this.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2064 posts
741 upvotes
Edmonton
I'm with Alton Brown in that unitaskers are silly - but there's something compelling about this device.

I have one at work, and there it's great as I can keep a little stash of english muffins, eggs, cheese slices and sliced ham in the fridge. At home it has less purpose, but it's pretty much hands off for busy mornings and quicker than dealing with the stove.