Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Hamilton Beach Premium Dough & Bread Maker Machine -- $79.98 (Amazon ATL--Save $45) (cheaper at Walmart w/ coupon)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2021 10:58 pm
[OP]
Member
May 1, 2019
421 posts
1152 upvotes
Smithers, BC

[Amazon.ca] Hamilton Beach Premium Dough & Bread Maker Machine -- $79.98 (Amazon ATL--Save $45) (cheaper at Walmart w/ coupon)

Seems to be very well reviewed, and tempting at this price. #1 selling bread machine on Amazon.

Link to Wal-Mart

Per @[abdul15]: Create a new account at Walmart , apply CANADA20 to your account for $20 off add to your grocery order for a net cost of $67.78 after taxes.

Some have mentioned trouble getting the Walmart code to apply. If memory serves, I believe it may work to:
1) create a new Wal-Mart account
2) add bread machine and a few "filler" (not $78 worth) grocery items to cart for grocery pick up
3) discount will apply to bread machine AND filler groceries

EDIT: CONFIRMED THAT THE ABOVE WORKS.
If @[abdul15], @[Arkh86], or @[Kenny99] could confirm or deny whether or not they got a discount to apply, I'll update OP accordingly.
Last edited by briand1989 on Sep 24th, 2021 1:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
29 replies
[OP]
Member
May 1, 2019
421 posts
1152 upvotes
Smithers, BC
Thanks--wasn't when I posted. I'll update OP.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1020 posts
252 upvotes
Thanks I ordered one from Walmart
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.”
Newbie
Oct 18, 2010
71 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Create a new account at Walmart , apply CANADA20 to your account for $20 off add to your grocery order for a net cost of $67.78 after taxes.
[OP]
Member
May 1, 2019
421 posts
1152 upvotes
Smithers, BC
abdul15 wrote: Create a new account at Walmart , apply CANADA20 to your account for $20 off add to your grocery order for a net cost of $67.78 after taxes.
Thanks, added to OP.
Jr. Member
Feb 21, 2018
181 posts
163 upvotes
Alberta
Thank you, got one from amazon
Member
Oct 2, 2009
493 posts
302 upvotes
my 2 cents

If you lazy (physically unable to knead bread) then bread machines are pretty good

If not I rather get a stand mixer. Way more versatile.

That being said I'm team hand mix. Its nice to be in touch with your food.

Edit: Addition to my remark on lazy
Last edited by mewko1502 on Sep 24th, 2021 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2063 posts
1172 upvotes
mewko1502 wrote: my 2 cents

If you lazy then bread machines are pretty good

If not I rather get a stand mixer. Way more versatile.

That being said I'm team hand mix. Its nice to be in touch with your food.
Can you replicate Brioche on a bread machine?

Ive been thinking on getting one.
Member
Apr 9, 2012
464 posts
378 upvotes
mewko1502 wrote: my 2 cents

If you lazy then bread machines are pretty good

If not I rather get a stand mixer. Way more versatile.

That being said I'm team hand mix. Its nice to be in touch with your food.
Not always to do with being "lazy", whatever that insult means. Some of us don't have the time or energy or just cannot physically hand knead bread dough any longer or never could, for a variety of health or age related or other reasons and so prefer or must have machine assistance. My neighbour is very relieved to make his favourite healthy bread and to let his bread machine do the mixing, kneading and proofing, as otherwise, he just physically cannot do as good a job at mixing and kneading as he once could. Either that, or as a low income senior, he'd have to buy store bought bread which can be of less quality and choice in our one grocery small town store. He is not at all lazy and you'd be shocked and awed at what he has physically had to do his entire life. Yet here he is near 80 and has trouble kneading bread dough and so what?, is it his laziness that now forces him to use machine assistance to be able to still bake bread when the nearest store is 35 kms away?

Not all stand mixers are up to the task of mixing bread dough. The world is littered with broken stand mixers from doing that one task. Or, the mixers that are long term durable and can do it, are extremely expensive, which adds a ridiculous amount to the cost per loaf of bread, especially for low income seniors who likely don't make the volume of bread dough to justify an expensive stand mixer. So for many, a bread machine is just fine and often affordable and give folks a mechanical advantage which has nothing to do with being "lazy".
Last edited by Mtnviewer on Sep 23rd, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Member
Dec 6, 2011
206 posts
105 upvotes
Winnipeg
Biscayne05 wrote: Can you replicate Brioche on a bread machine?

Ive been thinking on getting one.
Here you go:
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
2496 posts
1198 upvotes
GTA
What’s cheaper? Buying silver hills bread / making similar bread at home using this?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 23, 2017
525 posts
422 upvotes
Canada
Just make bread using ur oven.why need a bread maker? I have heard they make pretty dense breads?
Newbie
Sep 20, 2019
11 posts
4 upvotes
Did promocode “CANADA20” worked for anyone?

I am getting “ evoucher cannot be applied for this item” error
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
10248 posts
3650 upvotes
Any tried and tested Almond flour bread machine recipe? Trying to cut down on white bread.
Newbie
Oct 12, 2020
10 posts
4 upvotes
abdul15 wrote: Create a new account at Walmart , apply CANADA20 to your account for $20 off add to your grocery order for a net cost of $67.78 after taxes.
when I try to apply that coupon I get an error saying "Sorry! Unfortunately items in this order do not qualify for a promo code." am i doing something wrong?
[OP]
Member
May 1, 2019
421 posts
1152 upvotes
Smithers, BC
Arkh86 wrote: Did promocode “CANADA20” worked for anyone?

I am getting “ evoucher cannot be applied for this item” error
Kenny99 wrote: when I try to apply that coupon I get an error saying "Sorry! Unfortunately items in this order do not qualify for a promo code." am i doing something wrong?
Did you try adding grocery items to the order?
Newbie
Sep 20, 2019
11 posts
4 upvotes
briand1989 wrote: Did you try adding grocery items to the order?
So does it mean i have to order 75 cad worth of grocery items? That implies discount is not on this appliance but on grocery items . Thx
Member
Oct 2, 2009
493 posts
302 upvotes
Mtnviewer wrote: Not always to do with being "lazy", whatever that insult means. Some of us don't have the time or energy or just cannot physically hand knead bread dough any longer or never could, for a variety of health or age related or other reasons and so prefer or must have machine assistance. My neighbour is very relieved to make his favourite healthy bread and to let his bread machine do the mixing, kneading and proofing, as otherwise, he just physically cannot do as good a job at mixing and kneading as he once could. Either that, or as a low income senior, he'd have to buy store bought bread which can be of less quality and choice in our one grocery small town store. He is not at all lazy and you'd be shocked and awed at what he has physically had to do his entire life. Yet here he is near 80 and has trouble kneading bread dough and so what?, is it his laziness that now forces him to use machine assistance to be able to still bake bread when the nearest store is 35 kms away?

Not all stand mixers are up to the task of mixing bread dough. The world is littered with broken stand mixers from doing that one task. Or, the mixers that are long term durable and can do it, are extremely expensive, which adds a ridiculous amount to the cost per loaf of bread, especially for low income seniors who likely don't make the volume of bread dough to justify an expensive stand mixer. So for many, a bread machine is just fine and often affordable and give folks a mechanical advantage which has nothing to do with being "lazy".
I agree with what you said and I apologize for using the term "lazy" especially in the case of seniors.

I will stand by my stand mixer is better statement though. If you can score a kitchen aid on sale or refurbished (I got a refurbished 4.5 qt one for $146 that was literally brand new unused) it will handle bread dough easily as long as you don't make a big batch.

The biggest batch I made is 1.8 kilos (high hydration though) and it worked fine once a week for a year.

Top