Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Hand Sanitizer with Aloe (Clear Gel), 825ml $6.99 (pre-order)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2020 12:00 am
[OP]
Mar 27, 2010
44 posts
44 upvotes
Canada

[Amazon.ca] Hand Sanitizer with Aloe (Clear Gel), 825ml $6.99 (pre-order)

Delivery Thursday, March 5 - Thursday, March 19
Size : 825 ml
New improved formula! Contains 70% Ethyl alcohol
Efficient and easy to clean hands when soap & water are not available
Kills microorganisms upon contact and keeps the hands clean
Enriched with Aloe Vera, Vitamin E and other essential moisturizers
Convenient for office, desk and home use
15 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1602 posts
525 upvotes
YYZ
i would only use hand sanitizer sparingly when hand washing is out of the question. super bugs are real
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
3518 posts
2848 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Some reviews (as recent as Feb 11, 2020) say it's actually 62% alcohol rather than 70% as advertised.

Hopefully the new stock properly matches the description.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6742 posts
5584 upvotes
North York
rugerty100 wrote: Some reviews (as recent as Feb 11, 2020) say it's actually 62% alcohol rather than 70% as advertised.

Hopefully the new stock properly matches the description.
Just squirt 12% more to get the same alcohol amount.
Sep 10, 2018
176 posts
922 upvotes
Do I care?
6.50 for 970ml at local Loblaws... I'm sure Costco is even cheaper.
Nov 22, 2012
8 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this end of Jan and just got it about a week ago - so expect to wait a few weeks before getting it, but to confirm, the ones I got has 70% alcohol :)
Nov 16, 2016
618 posts
502 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
bLuPhYrE wrote: super bugs are real
Alcohol sanitizer isn't really responsible for super bugs. It's more so the excessive use of antibiotics. Anti bacterial soap on the other hand has been said to increase resistance of bacteria but it doesn't contain alcohol. It uses other agents.

Nonetheless thanks for bringing super bugs to peoples attention. It's a growing concern.

Edit:

A lot of people have been stating alcohol percentage required. There are disadvantages to higher concentrations, particularly proteins denaturing faster which means that the bacteria underneath the protein shield continue to live. Higher alcohol also dries the hands out more.
Last edited by Bigboy16 on Feb 22nd, 2020 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Feb 20, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
Bigboy16 wrote: Alcohol sanitizer isn't really responsible for super bugs. It's more so the excessive use of antibiotics. Anti bacterial soap on the other hand has been said to increase resistance of bacteria but it doesn't contain alcohol. It uses other agents.

Nonetheless thanks for bringing super bugs to peoples attention. It's a growing concern.
Great job pointing this out, but to go a step further, bacteria actually can’t evolve resistance to hand sanitizer - alcohol will melt the cell wall and denature the proteins. There’s little difference between the effectiveness of various strengths, as long as the ethanol percents remains above 60%.
Sep 18, 2007
43 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
bLuPhYrE wrote: i would only use hand sanitizer sparingly when hand washing is out of the question. super bugs are real
Do your research, alcohol sanitizers have nothing to do with superbugs. It's entirely because doctors overprescribe antibiotics for everything even if it's not necessary. It's also people stopng antibiotics before they finish all the pills and also people who save antibiotics for later use but don't always have enough to take a proper course.

In fact sanitizer is actually better for your hands if you have to clean your hands often such as in a hospital setting. It does far less damage to your skin while providing relatively the same protection when used properly.
Koodo $40/6GB plan.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2384 posts
1155 upvotes
konsensei wrote: Just squirt 12% more to get the same alcohol amount.
Made me laugh so bad. Upvoted!
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2923 posts
983 upvotes
Vancouver
I think the first option is always just to wash hands, but I plan to grab a couple of bottles for my emergency supplies. Sanitation is apparently one of the worst issues when there's a natural (or man-made) disaster.
Feb 20, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
To be clear, neither is the superior solution, unless you count hand washing with medicated soap. Some microbes are better taken care of by one or the other. And hand sanitizer can have substantially reduced effectiveness when there’s any dirt on your hands. There are times and places for both.

The best advice is to do your damnedest not to touch your face regardless of which method you like.
Sep 8, 2002
229 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
fannycao wrote: I bought this end of Jan and just got it about a week ago - so expect to wait a few weeks before getting it, but to confirm, the ones I got has 70% alcohol :)
Yes, can confirm the batch I got was 70% alcohol as well.