Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Hanes Men's Jersey Short with Pockets (Charcoal Grey, Sizes: S, M, L, 1X, 2X, 3X) - $8.54 with S&S

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2018 8:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1344 posts
5263 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Hanes Men's Jersey Short with Pockets (Charcoal Grey, Sizes: S, M, L, 1X, 2X, 3X) - $8.54 with S&S

https://www.amazon.ca/Hanes-Jersey-Pock ... B01BUIZ2JO

No clue why they'd offer Subscribe & Save on these, but hey why not!
Black and green also available from 8.99 - 10.99 + S&S savings, not all sizes of those colours on sale though!

1. On right side, choose "Subscribe & Save" every 6 months (on the right side)
2. Click 'Subscribe Now'
3. Continue through steps, confirm order
4. Once confirmed, you're redirected to this page: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/subscribe-and-save/manage
5. On that page, click 'Change delivery date' in small print on the left
6. Choose the soonest date (typically 1ish weeks out)
7. Once you get a notice that the order has shipped, return to the page and cancel your subscription (you have 6 months if you forget immediately)

Save an extra 10% if you S&S to 5+ items on the same shipment, ends up being $0.89 extra off.
13 replies
Nov 2, 2011
849 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
lol god they even look like boxers
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5153 posts
5646 upvotes
Again, making any adjustment after submitting S&S order is not encouraging because, as I point out from the other thread, you will run into the following problems :

(1) the order will update again and recalculate everything from the order including price, coupon, promotion, etc ... If the item is OOS or coupon disappear, then you will lose the price and the coupon
(2) you will lose the rebate (airmiles, ebates, etc ...) if there is any update from the S&S order.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4420 posts
1336 upvotes
Winnipeg
lcmt wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 1:15 am
Again, making any adjustment after submitting S&S order is not encouraging because, as I point out from the other thread, you will run into the following problems :

(1) the order will update again and recalculate everything from the order including price, coupon, promotion, etc ... If the item is OOS or coupon disappear, then you will lose the price and the coupon
(2) you will lose the rebate (airmiles, ebates, etc ...) if there is any update from the S&S order.
Thanks for this tip, can you point me to which thread mentions it in detail ?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5153 posts
5646 upvotes
I already copy the points here (1) and (2). In the past, Some people experienced Amazon charged them a different higher price when it ships from the first order. Some people even lost the coupon without any reason. This is because they made some adjustment to the S&S setting and caused an update to the order.
canuckcolehead wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 5:36 am
Thanks for this tip, can you point me to which thread mentions it in detail ?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
9623 posts
9761 upvotes
ericl619 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 8:00 am
i'm too sweaty for grey :(
Too honest, bud.

I was hoping these were proper kaki shorts for this price.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4867 posts
1924 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
lcmt wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 1:15 am

Would changing the first delivery day considered as adjustment?

S&S doesn't save you any money unless you order 5 or more.
That being said, if you don't have prime, then it may worth it.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5153 posts
5646 upvotes
Yes, change the delivery day will cause update for all upcoming S&S orders. The update may not be instant. It will come after 15 minutes or later.
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 9:04 am
Would changing the first delivery day considered as adjustment?

S&S doesn't save you any money unless you order 5 or more.
That being said, if you don't have prime, then it may worth it.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3225 posts
2541 upvotes
The NORTH
I want to add that putting these on s&s runs the risk of them running out and not fulfilling the order. A few months ago Amazon was clearing out the old.packaging for some toilet paper at about 15% off. You could also add it to a s&s for another 15% off. I grabbed one each of the 12 equals 72 + 12 equals 48 in the different softness equaling about 6 packages and two of the packages when out of stock before my subscribe and save filled. The next month all packages had updated to the new retail price because of new packaging. Of course I noticed it because I check my subscribe and save monthly but for somebody who doesn't this can be a real shocker when the new price is added.

I believe Hanes use a subscribe and save as a gimmick for more sales. I've purchased underwear and undershirts on subscribe and Save in the past as well. Customers just like to get a little bit more off and hey why not get 5% off. Just bought once and cancelled the order after delivery.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3225 posts
2541 upvotes
The NORTH
ericl619 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 8:00 am
i'm too sweaty for grey :(
I grabbed a pair for washing the car or mowing the lawn...
May 10, 2015
124 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto, ON
even the reviews stated the inseam is shorter than what it is shown in the picture.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2813 posts
1381 upvotes
Calgary
thanks op. stocked up on 2 of these lounge/sleep/workout shorts.
Mar 17, 2015
240 posts
322 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
chamyangary wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 10:29 am
even the reviews stated the inseam is shorter than what it is shown in the picture.
Guess that's what is meant by "Hanging loose!"...

Was going to order some but sadly my wife was not fond of me getting lazy day short shorts...
Smile at strangers... joy is easier to spread than misery (unless the stranger offers you candy, then run like hell!).