Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Hasbro RISK game $19.99 (41% off) ATL

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2022 5:15 pm
[OP]
Apr 12, 2007
6 posts
16 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Hasbro RISK game $19.99 (41% off) ATL

According to *************** this is price is ATL!

For those who have never played before this game is a great strategy game that can be played for hours...thinking school holidays with bored kids at home!
Last edited by Mars2012 on Dec 5th, 2022 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link/non-rfd affiliate tag removed
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1931 posts
3063 upvotes
Toronto
Great price but I think Risk is too difficult to play in person with all the dice rolling, pieces and calculations. Online is much more streamline.
Banned
Dec 3, 2022
28 posts
30 upvotes
I thought hobbies were to make people relax and enjoy life. Not sure how being reminded of what is going on in the world helps a person relax. Risk, Monopoly and so on are just ****. I'd have trouble even buying this for my worst enemy.
Nov 10, 2003
805 posts
462 upvotes
BC, Canada
Amazon algorithm at work.
Dead deal
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1977 posts
2361 upvotes
If anyone wants to play risk ongoing and have the game tell a story with shorter games this version is a lot of fun

New factions get added, cities are founded, stuff is destroyed permanently. A lot of fun imo. My brothers and I played over 8 years when we were all in the same city together

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08TPGT1QL?tag ... uage=en_CA

It is 43 which is close it its ATL of 39

If some of you have played legacy games this is the original one, so it isn't as refined as newer legacy games but for 40 dollars it is a great value.

It isn't too much more complicated than original risk, except win conditions being easier and permanent upgrades to factions depending on winning/losing/losing but still holding land on the board
Feb 4, 2015
629 posts
2237 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Plzdealmein wrote: I thought hobbies were to make people relax and enjoy life. Not sure how being reminded of what is going on in the world helps a person relax. Risk, Monopoly and so on are just ****. I'd have trouble even buying this for my worst enemy.
Really? Even my toddler knows the difference between make believe and real. Guess we should also swear off most TV shows, movies, video games, etc. Good thing there are unlimited cat videos (but only ones where they don't fall down or something).

nicolascon wrote: If anyone wants to play risk ongoing and have the game tell a story with shorter games this version is a lot of fun

New factions get added, cities are founded, stuff is destroyed permanently. A lot of fun imo. My brothers and I played over 8 years when we were all in the same city together

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08TPGT1QL?tag ... uage=en_CA

It is 43 which is close it its ATL of 39

If some of you have played legacy games this is the original one, so it isn't as refined as newer legacy games but for 40 dollars it is a great value.

It isn't too much more complicated than original risk, except win conditions being easier and permanent upgrades to factions depending on winning/losing/losing but still holding land on the board
Thumbs down for every "legacy" boardgame. Think of the waste being generated just because some money grubbing company wanted to sell you "one off" games you can only play once.

If we can invent the capability to stream cat videos everywhere (for the guy above), we can surely figure out how to make a scenario game where we don't need to throw it out after we use it up. Vote with your wallet.
Apr 2, 2011
464 posts
350 upvotes
Montreal
Verdic wrote: Really? Even my toddler knows the difference between make believe and real. Guess we should also swear off most TV shows, movies, video games, etc. Good thing there are unlimited cat videos (but only ones where they don't fall down or something).

Thumbs down for every "legacy" boardgame. Think of the waste being generated just because some money grubbing company wanted to sell you "one off" games you can only play once.

If we can invent the capability to stream cat videos everywhere (for the guy above), we can surely figure out how to make a scenario game where we don't need to throw it out after we use it up. Vote with your wallet.
Legacy games are actually quite fun as it adds a layer of uncertainty to future games. That twist cannot be found in normal boardgames that mainly depend on luck. You can buy removable stickers, use erasable pens/pencils and elect to not rip cards for most legacy boardgames if you plan on replaying.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1977 posts
2361 upvotes
Verdic wrote: Really? Even my toddler knows the difference between make believe and real. Guess we should also swear off most TV shows, movies, video games, etc. Good thing there are unlimited cat videos (but only ones where they don't fall down or something).

lol every legacy game I have played is usable after completing the campaign

I don't know of a single one that you throw out after completing it..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)