• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2021 6:31 pm
57 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1009 posts
1095 upvotes
damn...I need one with an audio out port...
Jan 28, 2013
118 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
I had a splitter that needed power in and this seems to be self powered. For under $10 it seems worth a try.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
10859 posts
8111 upvotes
Toronto
Not bad for Prime, if not in a rush these go for about $6.50 on Aliexpress.
Last edited by Angultra on Jan 3rd, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4731 posts
1843 upvotes
Vancity
In Q&A section:
Q: How many Hrz per device does this support?
A: This can't do 60Hz as my Xbox one x loses signal when set to 4K HDR so I'm thinking just maybe 30hz
Deal breaker for me.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
1001 posts
2175 upvotes
Toronto
It's actually a switch. It doesn't work like normal splitters.

"【Bidirectional HDMI Switch】 3 Ports switcher, you could connect two HDMI sources to one HDMI display, or connect one HDMI source to toggle between two displays (only one monitor will display at a time)"
i am upside down
Sep 15, 2019
361 posts
947 upvotes
orleans
Most of these third party straight from China HDMI cables/peripherals on Amazon are hit and miss. They are fine if you want basic 1080p, but for 4K, you're unlikely to get a cable that is compliant with the standards it claims to be compliant with.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3955 posts
3700 upvotes
Toronto
also doesnt seem to support HDR, so its really only good for plugging in a nintendo switch, older consoles or DVD player
[OP]
Apr 15, 2020
75 posts
128 upvotes
Montréal
pierrefrom0rleans wrote: Most of these third party straight from China HDMI cables/peripherals on Amazon are hit and miss. They are fine if you want basic 1080p, but for 4K, you're unlikely to get a cable that is compliant with the standards it claims to be compliant with.
I am going to use this to switch between a Raspberry Pi and and a laptop (no gaming or heavy graphic tasks) so it should be fine.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
16625 posts
11367 upvotes
Markham
umopapisdnwei wrote: It's actually a switch. It doesn't work like normal splitters.

"【Bidirectional HDMI Switch】 3 Ports switcher, you could connect two HDMI sources to one HDMI display, or connect one HDMI source to toggle between two displays (only one monitor will display at a time)"
Good info. I needed a switch for an older TV (4k etc wasnt a concern to me) which only had 1 HDMI port so I bought this

https://www.princessauto.com/3-device-h ... 0008944183

Super simple if it suits your needs. No need to have it shipped.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4805 posts
5259 upvotes
Alberta
xboxrrr wrote: damn...I need one with an audio out port...
Although this is a different animal at a much different price, you won't find a better HDMI switch than this. I have one in my bedroom and it passes 4k HDR/Dolby Vision to my TV on one of two HDMI video outputs and all HD audio codecs to my Yamaha sound projector on a dedicated audio only HDMI output. I use this device because I really like the Yamaha but it doesn't support HDMI 2.0. In fact, my 65" Samsung 4k TV doesn't support Dolby Vision (no Samsung TV does), but this device will accept the DV signal, translate it properly and it output "DV" to my TV. Before enabling that feature, my 2019 Shield pro wasn't able to detect a DV compatible TV, but once I turned that feature on, the Shield enabled the DV options. This is a really powerful device with endless customization.

https://hdfury.com/product/4k-vertex2-18gbps/
Jan 11, 2009
646 posts
526 upvotes
Toronto
Also you have to manually select the device if you have two inputs....which means you have to go to the switch and press a button to choose your input. Would be better if it auto detected which device was on. Also not sure about this switch but I would always get hdcp and or windwine errors on Netflix and other streaming services. Most Switches break hdcp so keep that in mind.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1009 posts
1095 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: Although this is a different animal at a much different price, you won't find a better HDMI switch than this. I have one in my bedroom and it passes 4k HDR/Dolby Vision to my TV on one of two HDMI video outputs and all HD audio codecs to my Yamaha sound projector on a dedicated audio only HDMI output. I use this device because I really like the Yamaha but it doesn't support HDMI 2.0. In fact, my 65" Samsung 4k TV doesn't support Dolby Vision (no Samsung TV does), but this device will accept the DV signal, translate it properly and it output "DV" to my TV. Before enabling that feature, my 2019 Shield pro wasn't able to detect a DV compatible TV, but once I turned that feature on, the Shield enabled the DV options. This is a really powerful device with endless customization.

https://hdfury.com/product/4k-vertex2-18gbps/
yeah that's way more that what I am looking for...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5135 posts
3918 upvotes
Thanks bought one to hook up PS3 and PSTV to my 1080p monitor.

I don't think this will work well with 4k 60hz hdr but it's perfect for older consoles.