Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] HDMI Switch 4K HDMI Splitter-Techole Aluminum Bi-Directional HDMI Switcher $13.59

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2020 1:34 am
[OP]
Nov 25, 2016
7 posts
48 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] HDMI Switch 4K HDMI Splitter-Techole Aluminum Bi-Directional HDMI Switcher $13.59

Today’s Amazon Deals
Going to pick one up for my dad because his TV only has one hdmi port. I’ve never tried one but the reviews look good.
HDMI Switch 4K HDMI Splitter-Techole Aluminum Bi-Directional HDMI Switcher 2 Input 1 Output, HDMI Switch Splitter 2 x 1/1 x 2. No External Power Required, Support 4K 3D HD 1080P for Xbox PS4 Roku HDTV

Get Ur Deal!!!
49 replies
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2074 posts
976 upvotes
Markham
this is 30hz.. just fyi.. there are other models that "says" they can do 60hz
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7143 posts
466 upvotes
Techole
Tec Hole
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Dec 9, 2001
285 posts
53 upvotes
Oakville (Greater To…
I recently bought the one below.
Not necessarily better, but a different feature-set. The negative is that my switch requires power, but it provides IR remote capability, and is 4x1. Just highlighlighting that there are other options available.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07YWG9231
Jul 15, 2003
578 posts
630 upvotes
Quant wrote: I recently bought the one below.
Not necessarily better, but a different feature-set. The negative is that my switch requires power, but it provides IR remote capability, and is 4x1. Just highlighlighting that there are other options available.

How is it so far? Fakestop had D rating and some of the negative reviews are saying there are some picture quality issues.
Mar 19, 2007
17 posts
1 upvote
toronto
Most solutions are multiple input for 1 output, this one(bi-directional) supports 2 outputs for one input, I switch to use the TV sometimes to watch movies while most of the times use my monitor at the desk (from 1 computer)

but the original price is definitely inflated, paid 15.99 last year for it at full price https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07TBCJHK9 works well so far, no separate audio ports
Jan 21, 2007
580 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
andyyuen wrote: this is 30hz.. just fyi.. there are other models that "says" they can do 60hz
What's the standard on the tv?
What impacts do 30hz have?

thanks
Jun 27, 2018
141 posts
108 upvotes
Not sure If anything special to the one OP posted. Even though it works as a splitter and switch, one video source can’t displayed on two screens at the same time. So what purpose it saves as a splitter?!

see a cheaper this one for $14.59 with 3 inputs Switch

HDMI Switch 4k
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5040 posts
1350 upvotes
Toronto
What's the difference between a splitter and a switch?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1021 posts
288 upvotes
Fraser Valley, BC
This splitter / switch probably works reliably because they use a mechanical switch to make sure only one device is connected (on the 2 ports side). So it's like a direct HDMI cable connection. However the necessity of manually operating the switch button is a minor problem, and in the case of a splitter it means only 1 of the 2 output TVs can be watched.

I needed to connect 2 TVs at once to a PVR (1 TV in living room, other TV in family room). I bought a $10 unpowered HDMI splitter from Walmart online, it didn't work. My impression after reading reviews of several unpowered splitters is they don't work. if both output TVs are connected. So then I got a $30 powered HDMI splitter, 2 outputs, from PrimeCables, and it seems to work OK.
Last edited by adams7 on Jun 23rd, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 13, 2019
107 posts
148 upvotes
Quant wrote: I recently bought the one below.

Very good deal of they work, bought a couple.
FreezingCanada wrote: This isn't a splitter, it's a switch.
I think the one in OP is both? Hence 'bi-directional', as in it goes both ways Winking Face
fightbriz wrote: What's the difference between a splitter and a switch?
A switch connects the single connection to one of the dual connections. This is fine when connection 2 inputs to one display, but when connecting one input to two displays, video will only appear on one at a time.

A splitter only works on one direction but can output multiple displays, for example a 2 port splitter will let you watch one input on two displays simultaneously but not 2 inputs on one display (obviously)

Put simply, a switch switches and a splitter splits
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11682 posts
1383 upvotes
Toronto
This is only useful for 1080p screens. The 30 Hz limit for 4K makes it impractical.