Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Helly Hansen Men's Parka $141

  • Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2018 2:12 am
[OP]
Member
Nov 1, 2015
401 posts
146 upvotes
BC

[Amazon.ca] Helly Hansen Men's Parka $141

56 percent off on medium or large and 68 percent off for navy in XL.
Last edited by Nites07 on May 20th, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
13 replies
Member
Jul 28, 2006
218 posts
81 upvotes
Calgary
If anyone is looking other men’s and women’s jackets on sale too.
Last edited by Flymeaway on May 20th, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Dec 24, 2015
249 posts
289 upvotes
checked a few, prices seem t be all over the place.
Any recommendations for a light jacket?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 23, 2009
5203 posts
2053 upvotes
Nites07 wrote: 56 percent off on medium or large and 68 percent off for navy in XL.
OP, price in the title is always great idea...
Jr. Member
Jul 9, 2015
140 posts
45 upvotes
Is this not good enough for Toronto with a sweater underneath? I own a $90 CK peacoat from the bay and find that sufficient, so I'd hope this is a little bit of an upgrade
[OP]
Member
Nov 1, 2015
401 posts
146 upvotes
BC
User244040 wrote: Is this not good enough for Toronto with a sweater underneath? I own a $90 CK peacoat from the bay and find that sufficient, so I'd hope this is a little bit of an upgrade
In my opinion this is more so an outerlayer shell which protects against rain, wind, and snow. So you could wear a sweater or a fleece as a mid layer which would provide you with great all around protection. This does offer enough warmth alone because it comes with primaloft insulation which is also supposed to be breathable. Without any mid layer if it gets well below 0 you will need to layer it.
Last edited by Nites07 on May 20th, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2284 posts
2820 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Nice jacket. Hope those cargo pockets are actual pockets and not just for looks. I see it has side slash pockets but I find that cargo pockets are more useful. For example if you're out and about running around and carry a coffee mug with you (with or without handles) you can always put the mug in the cargo pocket and move quickly or stuff gloves away quickly or wallet and such when grocery/shopping quickly and not worry about stuff falling out unless you lean too forward to tie your shoes or something.

For those that are active or moving a lot and generating more heat then a lightly insulated shell would work better as you can quickly layer up and down instead of a big bulky jacket. Now if you're more static and staying in one place or sitting down for a long time (say watching the kids play or something) then a heavier jacket would keep you warmer.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Jr. Member
Jul 9, 2015
140 posts
45 upvotes
Nites07 wrote: In my opinion this is more so an outerlayer shell which protects against rain, wind, and snow. So you could wear a sweater or a fleece as a mid layer which would provide you with great all around protection. This does offer enough warmth alone because it comes with primaloft insulation which is also supposed to be breathable. Without any mid layer if it gets well below 0 you will need to layer it.
Thanks for the feedback. Seems as if this is weaker than a peacoat in terms of warmness and won't be enough for Toronto winters then, as I'll be wearing suits underneath.
[OP]
Member
Nov 1, 2015
401 posts
146 upvotes
BC
User244040 wrote: Thanks for the feedback. Seems as if this is weaker than a peacoat in terms of warmness and won't be enough for Toronto winters then, as I'll be wearing suits underneath.
Your peacoat must retain a lot of moisture though doesn't it? If your interested the Helly Hansen Coastal Parka 2 is also on sale and has more insulation and has reviews of people using it in -37 degree weather. They have it marked down to $199 at SportChek right now. It's regular $399 and currently around $240-260 on Amazon.



https://www.sportchek.ca/product/332109 ... =332109924
Sr. Member
May 28, 2004
688 posts
66 upvotes
This jacket has 100g primaloft insulation. I have a goretex jacket with 100g insulation it feels warm at 0c with only tshirt underneath.

I think had it at -7c in the west somewhere in Whistler maybe
And it still feels warm without any layering

We get mild winter in the west coast.

Top