Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Hill's Science Diet Adult for Sensitive Stomach & Skin Dry Dog Food, 30 lb Bag - 16.68 + tax (Sold Out)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2019 7:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4768 posts
4916 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Hill's Science Diet Adult for Sensitive Stomach & Skin Dry Dog Food, 30 lb Bag - 16.68 + tax (Sold Out)

This deal has sold out. However, it is back in-stock. If you want this product, you may want to keep watching it since the price may drop again anytime.

It is back in-stock. Grab it before the price jumps back to regular price. With $15 coupon and S&S >= 5 items, the cost is $16.68 + tax (Tax charged for the coupon + regular tax)

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 35.20
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Subscribe & Save: -CDN$ 3.52
Your Coupon Savings: -CDN$ 15.00
Total before tax: CDN$ 16.68
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 4.12
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
Gift Card Amount: -CDN$ 20.80
Grand Total: CDN$ 0.00

-Hill’s Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach & Skin dry dog food is formulated for adult dogs with food or skin sensitivities
-Complete, nutritionally balanced dry dog food is made with high-quality ingredients that are easy to digest
-Sensitive stomach and skin dog food contains omega-6 fatty acids and other nutrients for healthy skin and a glossy coat
-A clinically proven blend of antioxidants with vitamins C and E helps support your dog’s immune system
-Hill’s Science Diet is Veterinarians’ #1 choice to feed their own pets* Based on an annual veterinary survey

Last edited by lcmt on Feb 11th, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1120 posts
1222 upvotes
Pointe Claire
Saw it this morning but didn't have any coupon available. I have 6 30+lb bags of Hills stockpiled anyway... so I think my boys will be ok.
Dec 1, 2018
108 posts
119 upvotes
Was excited when I saw the title but then got sad that it’s only for dogs :(
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1429 posts
598 upvotes
Quebec
First ingredient is rice, third and next ingredients are also cereal: get ready to scoop some sh*t with all these fillers! Cheap food is cheap.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1120 posts
1222 upvotes
Pointe Claire
Balzard wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 4:19 pm
First ingredient is rice, third and next ingredients are also cereal: get ready to scoop some sh*t with all these fillers! Cheap food is cheap.
All of my dogs in my household and growing up have had long and healthy lives on cheaper food then this. Not everyone can afford expensive dog food.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4768 posts
4916 upvotes
Lots of people confuse the food having a special function. This is dry food for "Sensitive Stomach & Skin", not the food for daily use if your dog is healthy. You are trying to compare an apple to an orange. If you don't know what I mean, please ask your vet to get more information. All foods (have a special function) offered by Vet have similar ingredients.
Balzard wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 4:19 pm
Jan 12, 2017
43 posts
12 upvotes
Stop telling people what to feed their dogs...
Nov 30, 2006
363 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
I’ll bet it was a small number of bags close to expiry. It can’t be a fast moving sku.

Lucky, I would have bought some.
Jun 16, 2009
816 posts
703 upvotes
lcmt wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:04 pm
Lots of people confuse the food having a special function. This is dry food for "Sensitive Stomach & Skin", not the food for daily use if your dog is healthy. You are trying to compare an apple to an orange. If you don't know what I mean, please ask your vet to get more information. All foods (have a special function) offered by Vet have similar ingredients.
I wonder what gives most dogs sensitive stomach and skin? Couldn't be the fact that they're fed... Dry dog food?
And asking your vet might not give you the answers you deserve, depending on which dog food company lines their pockets. You have the right to feed your dogs this kind of food, but you deserve to inform yourself of the facts before you declare this to be "healthy". And no, feeding your dog real meat doesn't cost more or is too hard. Our 'hairy nuisance' has been fed real meat for years and its actually less work on us, cost effective, and more healthy for him.

EDIT: There was a Netflix documentary, Pet Fooled, that finally sold us on the idea that 'dog food' isn't good for dogs. I recommend giving it a watch.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4768 posts
4916 upvotes
Yes, most of the time they eat causing the sensitive. However, healthy food (even natural food) doesn't mean pet will not have a sensitive problem. That's why companies create a special formula. Basically, healthy and sensitive may not be related. Also, healthy can be divided into mental and physical and there is a tradeoff between them. Anyways, there are many things related to the meaning of "healthy". Dry food in a sense is not healthiest, but it does give a balanced nutrient. As long as your pet is healthy after eating it, then the food is healthy for them.
BernardRyder wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 6:46 pm
I wonder what gives most dogs sensitive stomach and skin? Couldn't be the fact that they're fed... Dry dog food?
And asking your vet might not give you the answers you deserve, depending on which dog food company lines their pockets. You have the right to feed your dogs this kind of food, but you deserve to inform yourself of the facts before you declare this to be "healthy". And no, feeding your dog real meat doesn't cost more or is too hard. Our 'hairy nuisance' has been fed real meat for years and its actually less work on us, cost effective, and more healthy for him.

EDIT: There was a Netflix documentary, Pet Fooled, that finally sold us on the idea that 'dog food' isn't good for dogs. I recommend giving it a watch.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)