Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Hisense 55" Q8G Quantum *Back on Sale Amazon* PM FS [Dead? $575 or $545]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2020 10:43 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1134 posts
101 upvotes
Downtown

[Amazon.ca] Hisense 55" Q8G Quantum *Back on Sale Amazon* PM FS [Dead? $575 or $545]

Hisense 55" Q8G back on sale for same price as the 50" version: $598.

PM'ed Visions ($748) for another 15% off = $575.

Visions is also giving a bonus 2 year warranty with this TV, and Free Shipping.

Edit: Thanks to MrBobby who points out that visions will knock another $30 off the price if you pick it up from them instead of have it delivered. So that's $545.

EDIT 9/23 : Deal looks dead folks, unless you can find someone else with a pricematch that hasn't lowered their price to match amazon yet.
Thanks for all the Upvotes!!! And to all those who bought one, please take *careful note* of the bottom of redflagdealsguy's post here. This unit needs to be color calibrated first thing when you take it out of the box.
You can find the link for the color calibration settings from redflagdealguy's post (very bottom of the post). Also thanks to redflagdealguy for reposting the synopsis to his original thread. Tried to search for the original thread but searched "q8g" instead of "55q8g" so didn't find it.

Also woe is me I had no idea visions knocks an additional $30 if you pick up in store instead of have it delivered. So thanks to whoever mentioned that in the thread.
Last edited by Nicotine on Sep 23rd, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
>> Reposted from Original Deal Thread <<

==============================

https://www.amazon.ca/Hisense-55Q8G-And ... B083SC7ZSF

Apparently they decided why not just slap on the 50" price, a $150 discount on the $750 sticker.

Source: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/h8g

Explanation on H8G vs Q8G
Source: https://www.hisense-canada.com/en/news/ ... se-h8g-q8g

This is getting close to Wall TV / PC Monitor territory for me, and my resistance is weakening.

COMPARISONS

Hisense Q8G (H8G) [2020] vs Samsung Q60T [2020]

Hisense Q8G (H8G) [2020] vs TCL 6-Series [2018] (Costco Clearance)

CALIBRATIONS: IMPORTANT
redflagdealsguy wrote: Hisense H8Q (Q8G) 55" 4K TV [2020] Calibration Settings

Calibrations make a big difference on this panel, as it's not optimally calibrated out of the box. Calibration is generally prudent, regardless.

Source: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/h8g/settings
==============================
redflagdealsguy wrote: For those of you wondering what I'm smoking using a QLED-VA panel as a monitor. QLEDs have a good track record as monitors, with zero burn-in risk. Furthermore this one in particular is endorsed by RTings as a Best Budget TV To Use As A PC Monitor.

Notice their comment below about calibration, this TV gets even better with proper calibration. Take the time to tune your monitor, see the bottom of my first post (thread creation post) for the RTings Calibration Guide on this panel.

Source: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/ ... pc-monitor
235 replies
Nov 11, 2018
8 posts
4 upvotes
I just bought a series 5 (2020) at costco. What do you guys think? Should I return for the q8g instead?
Sep 9, 2012
228 posts
176 upvotes
Ottawa
KerryGD wrote: I just bought a series 5 (2020) at costco. What do you guys think? Should I return for the q8g instead?
Probably wont notice a difference. Comes down to if you prefer Android TV vs Roku, and Costco warranty.
Jan 9, 2011
46 posts
38 upvotes
Montreal
Been waiting for this to come back for a few weeks, ordered.

Ends up being cheaper than the Q7G at Costco since Amazon doesn't seem to charge the eco-fee.

Even adding the 5-year warranty it's only ~$20 more than the Q7G+warranty at Costco (w/ QC eco-fee), worth it IMO.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2003
2216 posts
65 upvotes
Montreal
If needed, can you return "easily" like any amazon.ca prime articles?
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2003
2216 posts
65 upvotes
Montreal
mrumble wrote: Am I the only one who sees PM FS and thinks "Future Shop went out of business years ago!"
Yup, we're that old ;)
Nov 30, 2016
801 posts
960 upvotes
Mississauga
Hoping the 75" goes on sale soon...
May 22, 2016
394 posts
408 upvotes
mrumble wrote: Am I the only one who sees PM FS and thinks "Future Shop went out of business years ago!"
exactly what I thought...
Oct 24, 2010
870 posts
663 upvotes
Ottawa
Gah, 50" is the same price. 55" is too big for our space (literally - the wall's too small).
Nov 30, 2016
801 posts
960 upvotes
Mississauga
Dynatos wrote: Gah, 50" is the same price. 55" is too big for our space (literally - the wall's too small).
Do you live in a mobile van or what?

Reason for edit: Fixed spelling error
Last edited by Gangsta101 on Sep 23rd, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 24, 2010
870 posts
663 upvotes
Ottawa
Gangsta101 wrote: Do you like in a mobile van or what?
Hah.

Small bungalow, and the space where we put our TV is a narrow wall between a fireplace and a window. We don't watch much TV, so it's not a feature piece for us and a smaller TV suits just fine.