Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Hisense 65" 4K ULED Android Smart Television 65U68G ($898)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2021 11:03 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2169 posts
7243 upvotes
Calgary, AB
RedSwagDeals wrote: Seriously, since when is $900 plus tax budget? Could i not get something comparable with a more reliable brand at that price? My TCL was like $300-$400 dollars at Costco. Anything more and your going away from the point of these cheap budget TVS.
Please link us to something that is less expensive with a similar feature set and from a more reliable brand.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2019
1154 posts
2385 upvotes
Edmonton
RedSwagDeals wrote: Seriously, since when is $900 plus tax budget? Could i not get something comparable with a more reliable brand at that price? My TCL was like $300-$400 dollars at Costco. Anything more and your going away from the point of these cheap budget TVS.
It's Budget because it's the cheapest TV for the size where you would actually be looking for it in a store. People who care about picture quality will say it is passable. it's the entry level of good picture quality with the ability to calibrate to a good enough picture.

It goes beyond the $300-400 TV's that can just display an image. Most people will not care or do not care about picture quality.
The only other way I can put it is maybe budget enthusiast grade.

It's the cheapest TV for the small few that really care about TV's.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2019
1154 posts
2385 upvotes
Edmonton
RFDBeliever wrote: Thanks! Is the hdmi 2.1 really make a big difference?
Short answer: NO

Just ask yourself, what are you plugging into your HDMI port?
Does the thing that you are plugging in actually have HDMI 2.1?

Your PS5, Xbox and Computer will still work just fine without it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
amruth wrote: I have 55 inch u68g for 5 months with ps5. It's been great as of now
Nice. Mine is arriving Fri from Costco. Looks like great value TV.
Oct 4, 2021
250 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ClarkZuckerberg wrote: Question: What is the 75" equivalent of this model? Is it the $1498 model? Does Rtings have ratings for all 4 of the Hisense 75" models on Amazon? The model numbers vs Rtings model numbers always confuse the heck out of me.
What exactly is confusing? They have US model numbers, and at the bottom of the reviews they show both US ad Canada model numbers. It's anything *but* confusing...
Oct 4, 2021
250 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
MahlerMusic wrote: Short answer: NO

Just ask yourself, what are you plugging into your HDMI port?
Does the thing that you are plugging in actually have HDMI 2.1?

Your PS5, Xbox and Computer will still work just fine without it.
And they will lack features they have that do require it...
Oct 4, 2021
250 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I actually just recently moved to Canada, on the West Coast, back in April.

For different irrelevant reasons, I have not yet purchased a TV, and this was one of the models I'm considering, along with the xxU78G, which is also on sale (deciding between the 65U68G and the 55U78G, both are the same price different size of course...).

I know that bigger sales happen around the Black Friday to Boxing Day time range, so given that I waited this long, are there usually better sales than this that one might hold out for, or this pretty much the same anyway and I should just when of those now?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2017
1176 posts
2195 upvotes
WallyG74 wrote: What exactly is confusing? They have US model numbers, and at the bottom of the reviews they show both US ad Canada model numbers. It's anything *but* confusing...
Ah I see. That's the part I was missing. I didn't know they listed Canadian models at the bottom on the Rtings reviews.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2169 posts
7243 upvotes
Calgary, AB
WallyG74 wrote: For different irrelevant reasons, I have not yet purchased a TV, and this was one of the models I'm considering, along with the xxU78G, which is also on sale (deciding between the 65U68G and the 55U78G, both are the same price different size of course...).
Personally, I believe if you are even considering a 65” you’ll end up regretting going with a 55”.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2611 posts
2204 upvotes
Canada
Hopefully everyone that purchases gets a good panel... Hisense is notorious for the panel lottery. My panel was so dirty I could not play Playstation as it was so distracting when looking around. Check out their reddit thread, its full of unhappy people. Its similar to TCL, if you get a good panel you will be VERY happy as overall the PQ was solid.
Oct 4, 2021
250 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
blyndfyre wrote: Personally, I believe if you are even considering a 65” you’ll end up regretting going with a 55”.
Maybe, that's is the doubt, because the U7G/U78G model has more features I want. But that version in 65" is not on sale and significantly higher at $1500, so that's a no...
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
NightRain wrote: Hisense is killing it right now, if you don't mind the lack of HDMI 2.1 this is a great TV.
There seems to be a TV deal every second week (mostly from amazon), how do we know which one is good? Most people probably looking at somewhere 55" ~ 75" size 4k TV.
Oct 4, 2021
250 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
divx wrote: There seems to be a TV deal every second week (mostly from amazon), how do we know which one is good? Most people probably looking at somewhere 55" ~ 75" size 4k TV.
Good what, deal or TV? For TV, you can check out rtings.com is a good site that reviews them. Although be warned they kinda look down on anything that is in a certain price range down...
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
WallyG74 wrote: Good what, deal or TV? For TV, you can check out rtings.com is a good site that reviews them. Although be warned they kinda look down on anything that is in a certain price range down...
I heard good things about TCL 6. Any good options for 55"-75" for about 1k?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2169 posts
7243 upvotes
Calgary, AB
jbone14 wrote: Hopefully everyone that purchases gets a good panel... Hisense is notorious for the panel lottery. My panel was so dirty I could not play Playstation as it was so distracting when looking around. Check out their reddit thread, its full of unhappy people. Its similar to TCL, if you get a good panel you will be VERY happy as overall the PQ was solid.
To be fair, every manufacturers reddit sub is full of complaints.

I'm sure Hisense is worse than the top brands, but the top brands have their fair share of issues as well.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
Man this TV is amazing. I just kept looping Disney Star Wars Biomes Video LOL... I need to find some other 4k Content.
---
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3345 posts
1680 upvotes
Lethbridge
WallyG74 wrote: I actually just recently moved to Canada, on the West Coast, back in April.

For different irrelevant reasons, I have not yet purchased a TV, and this was one of the models I'm considering, along with the xxU78G, which is also on sale (deciding between the 65U68G and the 55U78G, both are the same price different size of course...).

I know that bigger sales happen around the Black Friday to Boxing Day time range, so given that I waited this long, are there usually better sales than this that one might hold out for, or this pretty much the same anyway and I should just when of those now?
Well that's easy. Do you have or are you planning on getting a device that can use the U78 features in the near future...? If not, the U68 is a great TV for general use. I bought last years Q8G version after I couldn't wait for the 2021 models anymore.
Last edited by Pauly Boy on Oct 28th, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 4, 2021
250 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Pauly Boy wrote: Well that's easy. Do you have or are you planning on getting a device that can use the U78 features in the near future...? If not, the U68 is a great TV for general use. I bought last years U8G version after I couldn't wait for the 2021 models anymore.
Yes, I have an Xbox Series X for example.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3345 posts
1680 upvotes
Lethbridge
I'd def get the U78 then.

It was at the top of my list until they pushed them to summer and announced the pricing (it's good for the features vs the competition prices, but terrible compared to the USA MSRP & 2020 units).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)