• Dec 26th, 2021 7:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1223 posts
6107 upvotes
MILTON

[Amazon.ca] Hisense HS214 2.1 CH Sound Bar Speaker Built-in Subwoofer- $78

Hisense HS214 2.1 CH Sound Bar Speaker Built-in Subwoofer with Bluetooth and HDMI ARC/Optical/AUX/USB connectivity, Dolby Audio Soundbar, Indludes Remote Control (Canada Model), Black
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for more options, RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best sound bars!
61 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5487 posts
2288 upvotes
Durham
As a Home Theatre guy .... I must say this soundbar is great for a basement addition.

Sound is awesome.

I bought this from Costco 4 weeks ago ... at $97.99 and then got a price adjustment this week for the difference of $20 because price dropped this past weekend. Now Costco has no inventory.

It is hooked up to my desktop ... replacing the Logitech speakers that I had.

Love the convenience of the remote control beside my work laptop. Meeting time ... MUTE. Phone call ... MUTE.

This will be hooked up to a future TV in the basement ... secondary entertainment area.

Main entertainment area always always a full Home Theatre System.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Oct 17, 2010
146 posts
27 upvotes
Halifax
I just got one myself from Amazon and yes it can be wall mounted. There are hanging holes in the back and it comes with drywall anchors and the screws needed to do so. I haven’t done so yet myself.
Aug 23, 2020
9 posts
10 upvotes
There's a few comments on Amazon saying that there's little to no bass. Any owners here that can comment if that's true?

Mainly looking at this because my TV sound has a huge volume difference between 4 (too quiet) and 5 (wake up the neighbours) for some reason.
Jul 26, 2021
15 posts
10 upvotes
Solid deal, wish it came with the Bluetooth subs.
Nov 26, 2014
359 posts
153 upvotes
Quebec
jdmfishingonly wrote: As a Home Theatre guy .... I must say this soundbar is great for a basement addition.

Sound is awesome.

I bought this from Costco 4 weeks ago ... at $97.99 and then got a price adjustment this week for the difference of $20 because price dropped this past weekend. Now Costco has no inventory.

It is hooked up to my desktop ... replacing the Logitech speakers that I had.

Love the convenience of the remote control beside my work laptop. Meeting time ... MUTE. Phone call ... MUTE.

This will be hooked up to a future TV in the basement ... secondary entertainment area.

Main entertainment area always always a full Home Theatre System.
Is it hooked on the wall when you use it with your desktop computer or right on the desk? I like your idea but i'm afraid the built in sub will make too much vibrations for my 2 screens, keyboard, mouse, etc.
Mar 7, 2020
215 posts
265 upvotes
Just got this sound bar in the mail yesterday for $79...sound is ok, bass is average to below average. Maybe it sounds average because I'm still waiting on my new Hisense TV and couldn't use the HDMI cord on this one (couldn't get it to connect, I'm pretty clueless on this stuff)...defaulted to the optical cord for now.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5074 posts
4368 upvotes
Edmonton
Is the lowest volume low enough for night time watching in bedroom.

I was planning to order HS218 but a lot of reviews mentioned the lowest volume is way too loud.
Last edited by fatestkid on Dec 1st, 2021 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1852 posts
1013 upvotes
Laval
fatestkid wrote: Is the lowest volume low enough for night time watching in bedroom.

I was planning to order HS218 but a lot of reviews mentioned the lowest volume for way too loud.
Why would you want a soundbar only to play at the lowest volume in a bedroom? Stick with the tv speakers.

Like ordering a cheeseburger and only eating the cheese
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1205 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
Just ordered this for my parents.... it works with AUX output and it automatically turns on when the TV is turned on (apparently). This should allow them to control things with the one remote and get better sound... yay!

This is exactly what I was looking for for them.... their soundbar died a while back and I was using a set of computer speakers that needed to go.

Tried the Phillips one that was on sale at Walmart but it was garbage.... like really useless.

Thanks for sharing OP!

VR
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5487 posts
2288 upvotes
Durham
p0nk1n wrote: Is it hooked on the wall when you use it with your desktop computer or right on the desk? I like your idea but i'm afraid the built in sub will make too much vibrations for my 2 screens, keyboard, mouse, etc.
Mounted on the wall

IMG_20211201_095403.jpg
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Sep 8, 2005
159 posts
118 upvotes
Anyone know if the HS218 (w/ wireless subwoofer) is worth the $130 compared to this one for $78?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7075 posts
3308 upvotes
Montreal
325i wrote: Just ordered this for my parents.... it works with AUX output and it automatically turns on when the TV is turned on (apparently).
VR
Does it also automatically turn on with HDMI?
Mar 7, 2020
215 posts
265 upvotes
Madevilz wrote: Does it also automatically turn on with HDMI?
Hope so...it doesn't with the optical connection. Overtime I turn my tv on, I need to hunt for that dang small remote to turn the speakers on lol. Wish I could have my tv remote control this thing.
Feb 12, 2006
709 posts
855 upvotes
Good buy. I agree with the reviews, it packs a punch that's a bit above it's weight.
Aug 24, 2007
256 posts
113 upvotes
Mississauga
This looks like it might be good for my backyard TV. The sound on my TV seems to go backwards into the house when I have the TV tiled at angle off the wall
Dec 26, 2020
8 posts
7 upvotes
Is it worth buying and will i notice difference esp. in communication wise if im currently using Samsung 4k TV built-in speaker? Its just entry level 4k tv (UN55TU7000)
Last edited by ialonehk on Dec 1st, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.