Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Hitman 2 Gold Edition $39.97 for PS4/XB1

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2019 11:24 am
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2301 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Hitman 2 Gold Edition $39.97 for PS4/XB1

Not sure if this is warm/hot, but I bought Hitman 2 Gold Edition for PS4 for $39.97, down from $79.97. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

The Xbox One version is also selling for $39.97. Not sure why Amazon Canada has this Hitman 2 Gold Edition for Xbox One selling for $89.99, but maybe it has a different SKU?Neutral Face

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!Smiling Face With Open Mouth
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Apparently this isn't the version with the Steelbook (which is weird, I didn't realize there was a non-Steelbook one), which is kind of lame
Dec 19, 2006
517 posts
465 upvotes
Steelbooks are dumb and way more fragile than their plastic counterparts. $40 for Hitman 2 with the entire expansion pass is a steal.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2301 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
Thello wrote: Steelbooks are dumb and way more fragile than their plastic counterparts. $40 for Hitman 2 with the entire expansion pass is a steal.
I'm very happy with the price. I wonder why this is getting downvoted? Guess I either have haters, or people think this is a horrible deal. Maybe it's best not to post info any more. Oh well.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: Apparently this isn't the version with the Steelbook (which is weird, I didn't realize there was a non-Steelbook one), which is kind of lame
Thanks for posting this as i was going to buy just for the steelbook as i collect and dont actually open them but ill pass knowing this thanks
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Aug 8, 2019
263 posts
162 upvotes
tigerhawk33 wrote: I'm very happy with the price. I wonder why this is getting downvoted? Guess I either have haters, or people think this is a horrible deal. Maybe it's best not to post info any more. Oh well.
Definitely a good deal if you haven't played Hitman 2 before, very fun game.

Also note the standard version is on sale for $30 as well, but $10 more for the gold version is worth it imo.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
Too bad this isn't digital. I use Xbox Gameshare so that a friend can also play but it isn't possible I'd using physical media.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7813 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
Great deal, but good God my backlog has swelled to epic proportions...
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1075 posts
1027 upvotes
Toronto
Ugh, don't really need to add more to my backlog but bought anyway.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2004
2827 posts
512 upvotes
Montreal
Third for backlog. By the time I get to it it will be $19.99 and / or a psn plus freebie
An RFDer and his credit card number are soon parted.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
What's the difference between Hitman 2 (any variation) and Definitive Edition?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3580 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
Alivenate wrote: What's the difference between Hitman 2 (any variation) and Definitive Edition?
I don’t think there is a Definitive version of Hitman 2. There is standard, silver, gold and collectors.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
HDawg wrote: I don’t think there is a Definitive version of Hitman 2. There is standard, silver, gold and collectors.
No there isn't a Definitive Edition for Hitman 2. I was asking what the difference is between Hitman 2 and Hitman Definitive Edition.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3580 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
Alivenate wrote: No there isn't a Definitive Edition for Hitman 2. I was asking what the difference is between Hitman 2 and Hitman Definitive Edition.
Well, Hitman 2 is the sequel. Different missions, DLC, etc.

The Definitive Edition is basically everything Hitman 1. All the missions, expansions and bonus content.

Hitman 2 has various editions, though at this time, I’d get Gold as a minimum which the OP links here. FWIW, while this is a good price, it has gone as low as $32.50 earlier in the summer. That said, this is still a good price considering the amount of content.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
HDawg wrote: Well, Hitman 2 is the sequel. Different missions, DLC, etc.

The Definitive Edition is basically everything Hitman 1. All the missions, expansions and bonus content.

Hitman 2 has various editions, though at this time, I’d get Gold as a minimum which the OP links here. FWIW, while this is a good price, it has gone as low as $32.50 earlier in the summer. That said, this is still a good price considering the amount of content.
Would it be better to buy Hitman 2 Gold then? I have Hitman on PS3 but never got it for PS4 when it came out. Seems like if Definitive Edition is a repeat of Hitman 1 with bonus content, Hitman 2 Gold seems to be next step up.
Dec 19, 2006
517 posts
465 upvotes
Alivenate wrote: Would it be better to buy Hitman 2 Gold then? I have Hitman on PS3 but never got it for PS4 when it came out. Seems like if Definitive Edition is a repeat of Hitman 1 with bonus content, Hitman 2 Gold seems to be next step up.
The Hitman game on the PS3 (Hitman Absolution) is an entirely different, substantially worse game. Hitman Definitive Edition is the 2016 reboot of HItman with the extra missions included. Hitman (2016) was a game of the year winner. Hitman 2 Gold is also great, and is also basically the "definitive edition" of Hitman 2.
Last edited by Thello on Oct 13th, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1324 posts
1277 upvotes
Alivenate wrote: Would it be better to buy Hitman 2 Gold then? I have Hitman on PS3 but never got it for PS4 when it came out. Seems like if Definitive Edition is a repeat of Hitman 1 with bonus content, Hitman 2 Gold seems to be next step up.
yes but maybe no
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3580 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
As already mentioned, Hitman 1 for current generation is not the same as the PS3.

Absolutely yes, if you want Hitman 2, definitely get the Gold Edition. That said, it is a sequel, so I would get the first one also.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
Thello wrote: The Hitman game on the PS3 (Hitman Absolution) is a entirely different, substantially worse game. Hitman Definitive Edition is the 2016 reboot of HItman with the extra missions included. Hitman (2016) was a game of the year winner. Hitman 2 Gold is also great, and is also basically the "definitive edition" of Hitman 2.
HDawg wrote: As already mentioned, Hitman 1 for current generation is not the same as the PS3.

Absolutely yes, if you want Hitman 2, definitely get the Gold Edition. That said, it is a sequel, so I would get the first one also.
Perfect thanks for the help. I know what I want for Christmas then ;)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)