Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Holy Stone HS100 GPS FPV RC Drone with 1080P Camera Live Video for $239.99 + free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2019 9:09 am
[OP]
Banned
Apr 4, 2017
36 posts
146 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Holy Stone HS100 GPS FPV RC Drone with 1080P Camera Live Video for $239.99 + free shipping

For those interested

Amazon CA has Holy Stone HS100 GPS FPV RC Drone with 1080P Camera Live Video for $239.99 (after code ZWQEZMVK+ extra clipped $15 coupon)
This is the lowest price this model has ever been on Amazon.

Main Features
- Advanced GPS assistance:
- Smart Return to Home (RTH):
- Follow Me Mode
- 1080P HD Adjustable Wide-Angle Camera and FPV transmission
- Altitude hold, Headless Mode, One-Key Take-off / Landing and Emergency Stop
Images
  • 71YD5dvU-mL._SL1500_.jpg
4 replies
Apr 18, 2017
724 posts
1427 upvotes
I'm curious is anyone has this? I had a JJRC X5, but the 'live' feed was slightly delayed by about half a second. Same thing with this drone?
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11391 posts
2856 upvotes
Kingston
I have the same drone but under a different brand name (Promark GPS Shadow Drone, sold through Walmart). There is an RCGroup thread on it HERE.

It is my first/only drone and is fun to play around with. One thing of note is that the battery life is about 12-15 minutes. It has a specific "plug" so there is some DIY work to do if you want to use generic batteries with it.

The controller uses your phone and their app as your viewscreen. The app provides the image and info on the drone battery life. It works with some Android phones but not others (works with my old LG G3, but not my Moto x4. There are some settings you can play with but it didn't work for me). The app connects to the drone via its own wifi network so I'm not sure how far it will transmit.

I actually bought 2 (they were closing them out at Walmart for US$45, the second was for a spare battery with a "free drone"). Haven't played with them too much but one minor crash has resulted in the camera not working.
Last edited by JWL on Aug 21st, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2086 posts
462 upvotes
The weight is 700g. So ensure you fly according the regulations in your city/prov/country otherwise you could face some fines.