Price:
$ 19.99
Retailer:
Amazon.ca/Home Depot
on sale now a HD for $17.97

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/snow-j ... 1001052511

Snow Joe SJ-SHLV01 Shovelution Strain-Reducing Snow Shovel

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LXEQ6UM
Last edited by 2Riskit on Feb 13th, 2021 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
45 replies
Dec 15, 2017
191 posts
197 upvotes
Stittsville
I order this one back in 2017 and has been using it since! A pretty solid shovel!
Dec 2, 2007
136 posts
262 upvotes
Got one a couple of years ago and love it. The blade isn’t sharp, which is a good thing as it doesn’t catch on each and every little bit of ice.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5839 posts
2207 upvotes
GTEH!
MOOCer wrote: I order this one back in 2017 and has been using it since! A pretty solid shovel!
Kafer wrote: Got one a couple of years ago and love it. The blade isn’t sharp, which is a good thing as it doesn’t catch on each and every little bit of ice.
Just wondering: Does the 2nd handle (lower) flex a lot when you're throwing the snow?

Possible PM at HD?
😎
Jul 10, 2013
104 posts
62 upvotes
MONTR
Webhead wrote: Just wondering: Does the 2nd handle (lower) flex a lot when you're throwing the snow?
yes it does flex. pretty nice to have. saves on back pains
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2295 posts
947 upvotes
Kafer wrote: Got one a couple of years ago and love it. The blade isn’t sharp, which is a good thing as it doesn’t catch on each and every little bit of ice.
I find the corner of the metal edge is very sharp and destroys my asphalt. I try to avoid using this shovel unless i know I can get a clean swipe across the driveway.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2006
1828 posts
289 upvotes
North York
Bought one for my dad for xmas and he is not keen on new tech. I will have to try it myself.
Jan 30, 2006
68 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
i dont think this type of shovel is making life too much different...
Dec 14, 2016
264 posts
523 upvotes
Have this shovel and not a huge fan to be honest. The "flexible" lower handle is more of a flimsy handle and I find it hard to control when shoveling. Just prefer something more rigid
Aug 5, 2011
469 posts
169 upvotes
Good for shoveling snow, but not as great at pushing.
Jun 5, 2007
260 posts
207 upvotes
Shangri-La
I suspect the negative reviews of this shovel on Amazon or more believable than the positive ones.
Aug 22, 2012
242 posts
220 upvotes
I've had this 3 years going strong. I would say it helps save your back, and is good for lighter snow. With heavier/compacted snow I don't use the handle, I just use it as a regular shovel and that works fine

I'd recommend it
Mar 9, 2014
131 posts
70 upvotes
Ottawa
After reading the first two posts on this thread -I ordered the shovel , I came back to post my thanks and read rest of the reviews here and cancelled the order.

So it is worth getting or not? I did get my entire driveway done in summer -is the blade too share on edges or what's going on?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5839 posts
2207 upvotes
GTEH!
klevenisms204 wrote: reminds me of "the heft" available at homehardware stores
Definitely knock-off idea of "the Heft Handle". https://www.amazon.ca/Secondary-Handle- ... B074JG6JV7
ched24 wrote: Have this shovel and not a huge fan to be honest. The "flexible" lower handle is more of a flimsy handle and I find it hard to control when shoveling. Just prefer something more rigid
There's the above "The Heft Handle".
😎
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1055 posts
321 upvotes
calgary
I have this and its not good if you have exposed aggregate floor.
Dec 30, 2006
642 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto
For lifting and throwing snow this definitely makes life easier 100%.

For actually moving large amounts not snow this is not as good.

My wife prefers it to use versus larger shovels.

On light snow days, I use this. When the snow is heavier, I use my larger shovel to move the snow to where it needs to go, then I use this for actually picking up and throwing the snow.

Definitely helps with the strain
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8579 posts
5425 upvotes
Kootenays
Bought this one from Amazon in Nov. 2019 and hate it. It's just too flimsy for my usage, especially the lower handle on the "spring". It was $18.74 at the time, so I didn't feel too bad putting it in the Free Shed at our landfill.
Sep 9, 2008
315 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
the perfect valentines day gift <3
all your staples coupons are belong to us
Jul 29, 2019
354 posts
243 upvotes
Bought this from Home Depot last winter and it has been amazing. No difference when pushing snow. The second handle will flap around but it doesn't get in your way. When you reach the end of the push, the second handle makes it much easier to pick snow up and throw it on the lawn. It is definitely easier on your back. The second handle is flexible to help adapt with how you may lift the shovel up, basically acts as an extension of your arms rather than a non-flexible piece.

The metal piece is not sharp. It wraps around from the top to the bottom rather than some shovels just having the metal piece at the bottom. I have an asphalt driveway and it has no scratches. If you have a stone driveway, the sides of the metal may make it a bit harder to push as it may catch onto the gaps especially if it is uneven.

The best shovel I have ever bought.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)