• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2021 9:52 pm
[OP]
Aug 15, 2015
108 posts
130 upvotes
Windsor

[Amazon.ca] Homech 4L Cool Mist Ultrasonic Quiet Humidifier $42.49

Just wanted to share this nice price for a huge 4L humidifier with over 11k 4.5 star reviews. The savings from regular price isn't much but getting a high capacity humidifier at this price is very surprising. Grab it while it lasts :)

24-inch Ultra High Spray Height:Spray heights up to 24 inches with a 360° rotating nozzle to ensure even moisture distribution throughout the home. Adjustable level, maximum fog output up to 300ml / hr. Even and delicate mist particles are ideal for bedrooms, offices, babies and large rooms to help you fight dry skin, wrinkles, insomnia and bleeding
Large Capacity and Long lasting:Holds an impressive 4L of water allows for more than 60 hours of continuous us Holds an impressive 4L of water allows for more than 60 hours of continuous use in 60 ml/hr. It can reduce the trouble of adding water, and you don't have to worry about the discomfort caused by drying when you sleep.
Peace and Quiet:Ultrasonic humidifier with weaken water flow technology and dustproof sponge lowers the noise level to 30dB for quiet humidification without disturbing your study, working . And all night mist makes you have a pleasant and quiet sleeping.
Powerful Multiple Protection Keep Safe and Stable:Auto shut-off when the water's drained or when water tank lifted; dry burn protection ; IC board waterproof with nanometer layer; dustproof sponge prevents dust from entering via the base for a humidifier with a lengthy life span and ensure a safe environment.
Clean and Healthy:Wide opening up to 92mm for simple cleaning and filling; The fan rotates for 3 minutes after the fog is stopped, and the mist guide tube is drained to prevent the pipe from becoming moldy.
“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
22 replies
Mar 26, 2007
146 posts
161 upvotes
Ordered it 2 weeks ago, @39.99, no tax.
Silent and works well.
[OP]
Aug 15, 2015
108 posts
130 upvotes
Windsor
ndompierre wrote: Ordered it 2 weeks ago, @39.99, no tax.
Silent and works well.
Oh nice! how did you manage that? Thinking Face
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
15142 posts
3491 upvotes
Toronto
Note that all cool mist humidifiers will require more cleaning and disinfecting to remove any mold or spore growth. This is where warm mist humidifiers are better for homes as it does not spread the germs. Also, make sure to only use distilled water to prevent any minerals to get in the air.
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Mar 23, 2017
670 posts
1202 upvotes
Toronto
hightech wrote: Note that all cool mist humidifiers will require more cleaning and disinfecting to remove any mold or spore growth. This is where warm mist humidifiers are better for homes as it does not spread the germs. Also, make sure to only use distilled water to prevent any minerals to get in the air.
It went the opposite in my place. Warm mist was causing mold on the walls and as soon as I switched to cool mist the issue stopped. It's been over a year since with no issue.
Jun 19, 2018
14 posts
5 upvotes
VanillaPep wrote: How loud is it, I have one and it makes a high pitched sound, so annoying.

Also, is this one better https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08C5D38RS/ref ... RydWU&th=1
I have both the one from the post and the one from your reply.
I prefer the one from the post for being easier to control how much mist I want, because the one on your reply even when selecting the lowest setting it still produce a lot of mist.
But the one from your reply is easier to clear and quieter, but still has that annoying high pitched sound. I thing this is unavoidable for the ultrasonic ones.
Mar 26, 2007
146 posts
161 upvotes
jacobspeeds wrote: Oh nice! how did you manage that? Thinking Face
It was at this price at this time with 10$ coupon code, so impossible to see in ccc.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8689 posts
5618 upvotes
Kootenays
hightech wrote: Note that all cool mist humidifiers will require more cleaning and disinfecting to remove any mold or spore growth. This is where warm mist humidifiers are better for homes as it does not spread the germs. Also, make sure to only use distilled water to prevent any minerals to get in the air.
Correct. Unless you plan on using distilled water, cool mist decreases your air quality dramatically: https://www.technologynetworks.com/appl ... ity-341176

"When filled with tap water, the number of particles present in the room was nearly 13 times higher than before the humidifier was turned on. Further, 95% of the particles were less than 1 micrometer in size, meaning they fall well within the range of particles categorized as potentially unhealthy PM2.5. Many of these small particles also contained greater amounts of minerals than their larger counterparts, and the majority of particles were essentially “dried tap water,” meaning all water had evaporated leaving behind only extremely small mineral particles that could easily infiltrate the human respiratory system. In contrast, when using distilled water to fill the humidifier, particle concentrations in the room only increased marginally and thus posed much less risk compared to tap water."

This was brought up on the recent Marketplace episode comparing air purifiers. The air quality expert expressly recommended against ultrasonic humidifiers because they add so much particulate to your air.

https://gem.cbc.ca/media/marketplace/se ... 139f0dc395
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5930 posts
318 upvotes
Quebec
these little humidifiers are annoying as hell since you have to change water every 12 hours.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
15142 posts
3491 upvotes
Toronto
SamG852 wrote: It went the opposite in my place. Warm mist was causing mold on the walls and as soon as I switched to cool mist the issue stopped. It's been over a year since with no issue.
Do you have a gauge that measures humidity in your home? If you aim for 40% to 45% it should be fine. If you make it too humid, I think this is when mold can start.

I use this gauge to track humidity: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01H1R0K68
Last edited by hightech on Feb 25th, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

Jul 29, 2018
45 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Any ultrasonic humidifier, cool or warm mist, will require distilled water if you don't want white dust everywhere and minerals in the air. Evaporative humidifiers are much better in that regard but aren't as good at humidifying.

Good YouTube video on the subject
[OP]
Aug 15, 2015
108 posts
130 upvotes
Windsor
fakishan wrote: these little humidifiers are annoying as hell since you have to change water every 12 hours.
Depends on how hard it's working, this particular one can go upto 60 hours in a smaller room as long as it doesn't have to work at full blast.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
15142 posts
3491 upvotes
Toronto
fakishan wrote: these little humidifiers are annoying as hell since you have to change water every 12 hours.
This is when you need a whole-home humidifier or something large scale. This is meant for a bedroom or small room.

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
1122 posts
39 upvotes
bozoli wrote: I have both the one from the post and the one from your reply.
I prefer the one from the post for being easier to control how much mist I want, because the one on your reply even when selecting the lowest setting it still produce a lot of mist.
But the one from your reply is easier to clear and quieter, but still has that annoying high pitched sound. I thing this is unavoidable for the ultrasonic ones.
Thanks! Does the one from OP also have that ultrasonic high pitch sound?
Oct 14, 2015
366 posts
351 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Not to jack your thread but ...

4L Westinghouse at Walmart $37 bucks.