Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Homitt 6700mAh Electric Portable Pocket Hand Warmer/Power Bank - $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2020 4:06 pm
[OP]
Banned
Nov 10, 2019
18 posts
28 upvotes
Oshawa

[Amazon.ca] Homitt 6700mAh Electric Portable Pocket Hand Warmer/Power Bank - $19.99

One of the larger capacity hand warmers on sale with multiple heat settings, has a $13 clip coupon to bring it down under $20. Wish I one of these today, waiting for the bus was brutal this morning with this cold.
19 replies
Dec 30, 2007
155 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver
any recommendations for a filler ?
Dec 24, 2015
71 posts
50 upvotes
Never seen one of these before, but it sure is a nice idea -- dual hand warmer/power bank.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11871 posts
9728 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty good, you'll want one for each pocket though Slightly Smiling Face

I'm still working through a bunch of disposable warmers but might consider battery ones when they run out.
Nov 18, 2004
604 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Tried the disposable warmers last week at Carnival in QC. Started in my glove between liner and glove and moved directly on my hand. Not very effective. Where I really need the heat is at the fingertips. How do these electric warmers compare? It was so cold in QC that my phone was shutting itself down even in my pocket so I imagine these may have the same issue (if it's not running)
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3372 posts
1757 upvotes
Ottawa
FunnyGamer wrote: Here's one that costs a dollar more but has a USB-C port for those who would prefer that. It has a capacity of 5200mAh only however.
https://www.amazon.ca/Warmers-OCOOPA-Re ... B07Y5ZWWQ7
Some people would get 1 for each pocket. 5200mah is probably the way to go since its probably a little smaller and a little lighter (unless they all use 18650 batteries, then they would all be equally bulky). also USB-C is a plus.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1529 posts
1099 upvotes
Toronto
MandomRix wrote: Also, as a bonus:

Not sure if I trust the lottery of "warm words" with a loved one.
You write the words yourself then put that sticker on top which they scratch off.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11871 posts
9728 upvotes
Toronto
barold wrote: Tried the disposable warmers last week at Carnival in QC. Started in my glove between liner and glove and moved directly on my hand. Not very effective. Where I really need the heat is at the fingertips. How do these electric warmers compare? It was so cold in QC that my phone was shutting itself down even in my pocket so I imagine these may have the same issue (if it's not running)
Yeah it depends on how well they can heat above ambient, the disposable ones if it's super cold = not that hot, then as soon as you're inside they get crazy hot. For the weight of having a power bank in each glove, I sure hope they're way better.
Last edited by Angultra on Feb 15th, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1193 upvotes
Montreal
probably not a good idea to heat batteries 🤦‍♂️
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Apr 18, 2008
620 posts
1152 upvotes
BC
Krispy1 wrote: You write the words yourself then put that sticker on top which they scratch off.
Still can't be trusted.
Oct 31, 2018
376 posts
917 upvotes
It looks nice. Warm and sweet power bank. How about the durability if use it as warmer?
Lehmann L
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3807 posts
1934 upvotes
Vancouver
These are interesting -- or is it just clever marketing??

Employee 1 -- "We have a problem, our power banks are giving off a crazy amount of heat when they're in operation."

Employee 2 -- "Hey, I've got an idea......."
Sep 11, 2017
199 posts
152 upvotes
It's all comes down to individual requirements. If you really want a hand warmer alone, then this is too bulky for that. For warming hands you need 1) a hand warmer, ideally in your glove 2) and a glove that can retain heat.

It's too bulky for that use as you can't slip it into your glove. I use air operated hand warmer (packets) with thermal gloves when it's cold.

For me a power bank is needed only when I am travelling and I know my phone battery will die after 12 hours of use, and even then I use the smallest one I own as I don't like to carry weight throughout the day which I may or may not use.

Even if you have use for both, I would certainly think twice as using this as a hand warmer over your glove is not gonna help much as your gloves are meant to provide insulation between your skin and ambient temperature.