20 posts
6 upvotes

Homtom HT17 Phablet CDN$90.99 / FS

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Amazon.ca
Hello All,
I've been looking for a cheap android phone for several weeks, then found this homtom HT17 on Amazon.ca, only CND$90.99 with FS. I checked youtube to find out reviews:
Highlights

- 5.5 Inch Screen, 1280*720 Pixel
- MTK6737 1.3GHz Quad Core
- Support Touch ID
- 1GB RAM + 8GB ROM
- 8 MP (SW 13 MP) Back Camera + 2 MP (SW 5 MP) Front Camera
- Android 6.0 System
- 3000mAh Battery
- Dual SIM: Micro SIM + Micro SIM + TF Card, three Card Slot
- Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA 900/2100MHz, FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7/B20, Support 2G & 3G & 4G LTE Network

I am almost going to buy one now, this is the lowest price I could found. Anyone could found lower price? or don't mind to share the experience if used it?
Last edited by alther on Sep 23rd, 2016 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
Dec 1, 2013
159 posts
369 upvotes
I honestly thought you had typoed the title when posting this thread.
I would be a bit wary of the item though, because:
1. Not by amazon nor fulfilled by amazon, so you may have troubles in the future in terms of receiving and returning the item
2. The seller's earliest review was September 3, 2016...meaning that the account is relatively new

I would personally stay away from phones like these as I would question the reliability and security of the phone, but if you would compare it to Amazon's Blu phones, the specs are a lot better. However, I would probably just buy a re-certified phone/wait for a koodo/fido deal than to buy something like this. That's just me though. I'm really not a huge fan of "deals" that are items posted on amazon/ebay, because people tend to have a bad time with them and then complain on the forum after.
May 12, 2014
226 posts
623 upvotes
dont buy it, i bought similar Chinese phones last yr, issues after a month and dont forget u have to pay duties
[OP]
Banned
Jul 2, 2016
20 posts
6 upvotes
nuttun wrote: I honestly thought you had typoed the title when posting this thread.
I would be a bit wary of the item though, because:
1. Not by amazon nor fulfilled by amazon, so you may have troubles in the future in terms of receiving and returning the item
2. The seller's earliest review was September 3, 2016...meaning that the account is relatively new

I would personally stay away from phones like these as I would question the reliability and security of the phone, but if you would compare it to Amazon's Blu phones, the specs are a lot better. However, I would probably just buy a re-certified phone/wait for a koodo/fido deal than to buy something like this. That's just me though. I'm really not a huge fan of "deals" that are items posted on amazon/ebay, because people tend to have a bad time with them and then complain on the forum after.
Thank you so much. This helps a lot. I personally don't use amazon/ ebay a lot, Then where do you recommend to get a cheap android phone? ********/ banggood / geekbuying? saw several threads about those Chinese online sellers, haven't used them yet.
Anyway, thanks a lot for your help.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2421 posts
1470 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
What did you mean?
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: obvious shill is obvious
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
is it LTE? if yes could be hot if used with fido 3gb plan

not gonna buy! dealbreakers... no ac wifi, only 1 gb ram!

pros: gps, fingerprint, dual sims, LTE, under 100 bucks, 5.5 is almost perfect size phone for most peeps
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro