Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Honeywell Home RCHW3610WF1006/N Water Leak Detector $49.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 5:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 13, 2006
4221 posts
469 upvotes
Markham, ON

[Amazon.ca] Honeywell Home RCHW3610WF1006/N Water Leak Detector $49.99

The Honeywell Home RCHW3610WF1006/N Water Leak Detector is on sale, lowest I've seen and CCC says it's the lowest it's been.
This saved me from a big flood damage bill when my water tank started leaking over night.
I prefer this over others because it has a long water sensing cable, loud alarm, phone notification and the base also detects water as well.
71GFmDs4zoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 28th, 2020 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
45 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
1800 posts
1090 upvotes
Or you can make one yourself for ~6$ if you are a DIYer. This one is of my design, I built 4 of them, for different parts of the house (has wi-fi and alarm):
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 11, 2009
789 posts
524 upvotes
Canada
Not sure how safe solder fumes are these days.. make sure you use lead-free solder if you attempt this.
Sr. Member
Apr 13, 2016
522 posts
343 upvotes
yhap2003 wrote: The Honeywell Home RCHW3610WF1006/N Water Leak Detector is on sale, lowest I've seen and CCC says it's the lowest it's been.
This saved me from a big flood damage bill when my water tank started leaking over night.
I prefer this over others because it has a long water sensing cable, loud alarm, phone notification and the base also detects water as well.

71GFmDs4zoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
has anyone had experience with the "dumb" leak detectors? the ones that just beep when they detect water rather than connecting over wifi
😱 4x Telus 25GB/$30 - 1x Fido Data 4GB/$0 - 1x Fido Data 3GB/$0 😱
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2016
18246 posts
2312 upvotes
Out west
redflag0 wrote: has anyone had experience with the "dumb" leak detectors? the ones that just beep when they detect water rather than connecting over wifi
Thats all I have, and yes they work, but of course somone needs to be home to do anything about. But they have saved me a few times when I had a small leak start. Had a small leak from my washing machine from not tightening the hose enough. It was just a very slow drip, and the kids let me know at work, so I got them to turn off the valves.

My most recent time was with my furnace humidifer.

I have some Honeywell pucks that are $10 each, and then others that have a long cable so you can put them where you want and then the box somehwre else. Those I have for my Fridge and dishwasher.

Any long stays away from home, I shut my water off anyway, just due to an leak I had over 20 years ago in a house. Now its just habit any over night stays I just turn off my main valve. My washing machine hoses I replace every 5 years as well.
Last edited by WikkiWikki on Oct 28th, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Oct 6, 2012
216 posts
65 upvotes
alberta
Has anybody compared this with Dlink from Costco(2pk-$89.99)?
Sr. Member
Apr 13, 2016
522 posts
343 upvotes
WikkiWikki wrote: Thats all I have, and yes they work, but of course somone needs to be home to do anything about. But they have saved me a few times when I had a small leak start. Had a small leak from my washing machine from not tightening the hose enough. It was just a very slow drip, and the kids let me know at work, so I got them to turn off the valves.

My most recent time was with my furnace humidifer.

I have some Honeywell pucks that are $10 each, and then others that have a long cable so you can put them where you want and then the box somehwre else. Those I have for my Fridge and dishwasher.

Any long stays away from home, I shut my water off anyway, just due to an leak I had over 20 years ago in a house. Now its just habit any over night stays I just turn off my main valve. My washing machine hoses I replace every 5 years as well.
yeah thats what I thought as well someone is always home in my rental property so I think that would be a better way to go for me
😱 4x Telus 25GB/$30 - 1x Fido Data 4GB/$0 - 1x Fido Data 3GB/$0 😱
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2016
18246 posts
2312 upvotes
Out west
redflag0 wrote: yeah thats what I thought as well someone is always home in my rental property so I think that would be a better way to go for me
I check mine every 3 months. TEst them with water that they still work and check the batteries. The ones for the dishwasher and fridge have a test button on them, so best I can do. I taped the sensors flat so I assume they should work if it happens

For the fridge I added another shut off under the sink for it, since the one behind the fridge you cant turn off unless you move the firdge
Jr. Member
May 3, 2015
136 posts
44 upvotes
BC
Will these notify your phone if you are not home?
Member
Nov 3, 2005
393 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
Grahamk wrote: Will these notify your phone if you are not home?
Yes, if you have the Honeywell Home app installed.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9752 posts
1247 upvotes
GTA
rupendra76 wrote: Has anybody compared this with Dlink from Costco(2pk-$89.99)?
Yeah I bought that two pack for my mom's place but I haven't installed it yet. Seems like those got decent reviews .
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
5811 posts
1221 upvotes
Montreal
redflag0 wrote: I bought this about 2 or 3 years ago at Home Depot for $27.99. There was an RFD thread at that time.

It works fine even though my Smartthings system keeps saying it's offline but the Honeywell app says it's ok.

has anyone had experience with the "dumb" leak detectors? the ones that just beep when they detect water rather than connecting over wifi
yhap2003 wrote: The Honeywell Home RCHW3610WF1006/N Water Leak Detector is on sale, lowest I've seen and CCC says it's the lowest it's been.
This saved me from a big flood damage bill when my water tank started leaking over night.
I prefer this over others because it has a long water sensing cable, loud alarm, phone notification and the base also detects water as well.

71GFmDs4zoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Phils
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 19, 2001
30814 posts
1683 upvotes
Fernando Poo
more useful to post the price than the model number, would have saved me a click.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35074 posts
21043 upvotes
Center of Universe
pulsar123 wrote: Or you can make one yourself for ~6$ if you are a DIYer. This one is of my design, I built 4 of them, for different parts of the house (has wi-fi and alarm):
$6...after spending a few hundred on a 3D printer and $20-$50 for a solder iron.
Sr. Member
Sep 11, 2011
632 posts
713 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if the local alarm can be turned off on this unit?

I have the Dlink and wish I could disable the local alarm. Although it does suck that the dlink app just sends a normal iPhone notification, so if I’m asleep I totally miss it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 26, 2005
4563 posts
23729 upvotes
Montreal
Pull out you time machines...

I had bought two of these from Home Depot for 17$ when they were on clearance. They were slow to react to a leak (2minutes under running water) and I just didn't have a liking for them. Replaced for SmartThings leak sensors to fit in my HA ecosystem.

Resold both after for 10$ the pair...
Newbie
Sep 28, 2020
61 posts
34 upvotes
Laval
Does with an iPhone have this?
I’ve seen a few reviewers say the app doesn’t work well with iPhones, so I don’t want to order to have to return. I’ve been wanting a few for a while but the Samsung one is not sold anymore, Ring stuff doesn’t sell to QC, most other models have bad reviews so I only have this and the Costco ones as possible options at the moment.

Top