[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1309 posts
962 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Hot...All-Clad 3 ply fry pans 50% off or more

Some of the lowest prices ever on Amazon:

the 12" is the best deal at 55% off. Lowest prices I've seen on these fry pans. 3 sizes available.

12" $92.50 reg. $204
10" $70.00 reg. $140
8" $57.50 reg. $125
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 10th, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title edit
54 replies
May 5, 2016
312 posts
263 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I don't mean to ask a dumb question, but are these pans supposed to amazing?
Better than cast iron, conventional stainless steel, and non-stick?
Let's get rich together on RFD. Stay positive, stay frugal. 😃
Dec 13, 2017
25 posts
6 upvotes
The 3-ply construction allows them to heat very evenly. It's insulating, so it takes a little longer to heat up. It's a double edged sword, as it also means if it gets too hot that it cools down quicker.

I like my lidded one, it's deep so I use it for stirfrys etc. I'd go another route for eggs and bacon.
May 23, 2011
755 posts
223 upvotes
duttydeals wrote: I don't mean to ask a dumb question, but are these pans supposed to amazing?
Better than cast iron, conventional stainless steel, and non-stick?
They are better than conventional stainless steel, yes. Multi-clad pans (multiple layers, usually aluminum sandwiched in SS) distribute the heat much, much more evenly.

They are not necessarily better than cast iron, non-stick, carbon steel, etc. Those types of pans all have their uses and different people prefer to cook with different types.

As for multi-clad SS pans, All-clad are basically considered some of the best in the industry.

My collection is almost entirely All-Clad SS, but I keep a cast iron pan for things like searing steaks and a good non-stick for eggs and pancakes, etc.
May 5, 2016
312 posts
263 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
AnotherCanuck wrote: They are better than conventional stainless steel, yes. Multi-clad pans (multiple layers, usually aluminum sandwiched in SS) distribute the heat much, much more evenly.
They are not necessarily better than cast iron, non-stick, carbon steel, etc. Those types of pans all have their uses and different people prefer to cook with different types.
As for multi-clad SS pans, All-clad are basically considered some of the best in the industry.
My collection is almost entirely All-Clad SS, but I keep a cast iron pan for things like searing steaks and a good non-stick for eggs and pancakes, etc.
Thanks for the detailed response AnotherCanuck. *thumbs-up*
Let's get rich together on RFD. Stay positive, stay frugal. 😃
Dec 3, 2010
576 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
Avoid if you got radiant cooktop. Like most stainless pans the bottom reflect heat and takes forever to get up to temperature. If you don't believe me try cast iron pans and they heat up almost twice as fast.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1490 posts
1616 upvotes
Edmonton
You can buy 5 non-stick frying pans for this price. Is it worth it?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3963 posts
3710 upvotes
Toronto
also on sale at the bay if you can pick one up close by + any 15% + or ebates
Aug 27, 2013
622 posts
367 upvotes
cloud
frozenmelon wrote: You can buy 5 non-stick frying pans for this price. Is it worth it?
It is worth it if you know how to use it. First of all you need to know how to heat it up properly -- to such a high temperature water beads and bounces on the surface -- otherwise everything sticks.

For me I like the carbon steel (de Buyer) better than stainless steel or cast iron. I don't use non-stick anymore; tried of tossing away scratched-up pans.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
6385 posts
6235 upvotes
frozenmelon wrote: You can buy 5 non-stick frying pans for this price. Is it worth it?
Non stick pans are basically disposable. A good SS skillet will last a lifetime. They are for different things though... Don't be trying to fry up some eggs on this skillet...
Aug 23, 2007
227 posts
86 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
cmchiu wrote: For me I like the carbon steel (de Buyer) better than stainless steel or cast iron. I don't use non-stick anymore; tried of tossing away scratched-up pans.
I second that, plus you're not eating cancer... err... I mean Teflon. De Buyer makes a nice hefty product that will last generations. The only thing that sucks about the two I have is that the coating (seasoning) eventually needs re-applying and stinks up the whole house, triggering smoke alarms.

:eek:
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1490 posts
1616 upvotes
Edmonton
Don't stainless steel pans get scratched too? I've only used soft bristles and a wooden spatula on my non-sticks pans. They always scratch. I assume the same thing will happen to the stainless steel. Will it truly last a lifetime?
Aug 4, 2016
14 posts
15 upvotes
The 12 inch pan is my favorite pan in the house. Just get it if you are looking for a great pan and it fits your budget.

Too bad I now cook for 6 and it's used less often. If you can get a french skillet, they're great too, albeit a bit thiner.
Sep 25, 2017
687 posts
564 upvotes
Strong/Free Canada
Guys please help I'm having a tough time between this one

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00005AL1 ... EEQB&psc=1

Which is copper. It worth the extra for copper?

http://m.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... --24?pdp=1

Or that one from the bay which has D3 and a lid. The other one with a lid https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00FUF5K8 ... EEQB&psc=1 ..... Which of the three would you get?

Copper? D3 with lid? Or 3 ply one with lid? That much different between them? Worth the copper and not having a lid?
"Buy now...think later...You can always return it."
Jul 19, 2017
90 posts
22 upvotes
The bay has a promo code "online" on purchases over $150 but I can't get it to apply, anyone else have any luck?
Sep 25, 2017
687 posts
564 upvotes
Strong/Free Canada
Calgon1 wrote: The bay has a promo code "online" on purchases over $150 but I can't get it to apply, anyone else have any luck?
Tried same thing unfortunately in the fine print all-clad is excluded.
Sep 25, 2017
687 posts
564 upvotes
Strong/Free Canada
For this price what the hell. Got the Copper 145$ one for me and the 110$ one with lid for mom. I'll take the lid, she gets the frying pan and gets to stop using non stick. Everyone wins . Thanks OP