HOT!!! Cricut Explore Air 2 - $180

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2021 4:22 pm
[OP]
Mar 10, 2012
905 posts
510 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] HOT!!! Cricut Explore Air 2 - $180

This is hot for the Explore Air 2. Yes there is a newer model out but this is still a great option.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B08WVYJY29
Last edited by RedFlagger17 on Aug 8th, 2021 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
264 replies
Oct 24, 2010
448 posts
290 upvotes
Surrey, BC
What is the original price? is this a hot deal?
Jan 20, 2005
898 posts
1198 upvotes
Toronto
chan1600 wrote: What is the original price? is this a hot deal?
I have been watching this for years and the previous low that I have seen was $199, and that disappeared quickly.

My wife has wanted one for a longtime, so I will finally buy one now. Thanks op!

BTW - let's hope Cricut doesn't try to switch this over to a subscription model again. The rumour of that (it failed) is what had me on the fence for awhile. Look it up online before buying to assess your own risk level...
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1881 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto
Wish the more powerful Cricut goes on sale, these things have been selling out even at full price ever since the pandemic.
Jul 16, 2021
429 posts
689 upvotes
i got one for my wife told her to make me a design to put on my computer case maybe on my oculus quest 2 as well.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
3056 posts
5300 upvotes
Toronto
redkulat wrote: Repeat after me:

Buy now, think later.

My wife and I have been interested in one for a while. Thanks OP!,
Okay.. placed my order and trying to figure out what I just bought.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7073 posts
3593 upvotes
Moncton, NB
My wife got one for christmas from her mom. It's to a point where I'm using it way more than her.

It always amaze me how precise the cuts are on vinyl.

Most designs can be found online and you just need patience (and trial/error).

The vinyl and heat transfer sheets can be found for cheap on amazon and are as good quality has oracle.

Everytime people see the designs I make (camping mugs / signs etc.) It end up that family members want some. It's nice to see that people apreciate it.

The first thing I made was a among us design with my son name on a thermoflask water container back in early january. After multiple wash and abuse in school it's still looks great!
May 16, 2009
117 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
LarryT778370 wrote: Okay.. placed my order and trying to figure out what I just bought.
HAHAHA DKM. I'M IN THE SAME BOAT. RFD is truly the most powerful being.

This is the one that got me.

"Wish the more powerful Cricut goes on sale, these things have been selling out even at full price ever since the pandemic."
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2663 posts
1939 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Huh, labelled as a prime day item.. shows on 3xcamel for at least the last few days. Good find!
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Get that crap out of your signature.
Sep 11, 2017
108 posts
102 upvotes
A lot of the reviews note the need for a subscription to benefit from a lot of features. Is this true? Is it not like 3D printing where you can find free project templates on a site like Thingaverse?
[OP]
Mar 10, 2012
905 posts
510 upvotes
I believe that's if you want their already made designs
Jul 16, 2021
429 posts
689 upvotes
you dont need a sub unless you take their designs. you can do your own.
Oct 22, 2020
89 posts
444 upvotes
It's a very good price for a nice machine.

The Cricut community is unhappy with the way Cricut has treated them over the past year or so. You can only use the machine with their software. If there is an update to your software it will stop your cut and the update will be forced. Cricut has implemented an update causing the older machines to cut slower to help show the difference in speed to their new machines. Cricut also tried a subscription service to limit the amount of uploads users could do (another poster mentions it, the program was cancelled).

If your looking for a plotter/cutter machine I'd recommend looking into the Silhouette machines. They use parts and accessories that aren't as expensive or as proprietary.
Feb 10, 2018
246 posts
398 upvotes
bought one, no idea why, but I did,,

this is one of those day I dislike RFD..lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)