Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Hot! Hamilton Beach Stainless Steel Gooseneck Kettle $24.97 (55% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2021 4:26 pm
[OP]
May 28, 2011
706 posts
756 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Hot! Hamilton Beach Stainless Steel Gooseneck Kettle $24.97 (55% off)

Great deal and lowest price seen on a high quality kettle that usually costs $60, I've been waiting a year for these to go on sale again after I bought one last summer - still works great and looks nicer than some of the cheaper quality ones that cost ~$25-30.
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 3rd, 2021 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
22 replies
May 23, 2019
38 posts
87 upvotes
Heh, 'hot'.

This looks like a great kettle for pourover coffee, kind of wish I had got this instead of a variable temperature one for 3x the price.
[OP]
May 28, 2011
706 posts
756 upvotes
Bumnose wrote: Heh, 'hot'.

This looks like a great kettle for pourover coffee, kind of wish I had got this instead of a variable temperature one for 3x the price.
Ha, just realized I made an unintentional pun
Nov 28, 2019
307 posts
751 upvotes
Bought. Love the stainless steel style kettles for their durability. Thanks OP.
Nov 20, 2004
531 posts
583 upvotes
Vancouver
Been using this same kettle for a few months now for pourovers, got it for the same price. It's pretty no frills and does what it's supposed to do. Would recommend if you don't want to spend more for a variable temp one.
Nov 28, 2019
307 posts
751 upvotes
Went back and ordered a second one under duress from family's general. The price cliff is too great to pass on a practical deal like this. Pinky will be up when package arrive.
Images
  • 1.gif
Nov 21, 2019
8 posts
Thank you ! Have been waiting for a while to replace my plastic one.

Bought one
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
45348 posts
5908 upvotes
Richmond Hill
newt_101 wrote: Is there a benefit to the 3x priced (Costco clearance-priced) Fellow Stagg EKG gooseneck pour over kettle other than temperature setting and style over this one?
Depends how much of a coffee and tea connoisseur you are, where the temperature matters. Coffee is not as strict as tea, but for example, different types of tea (green/white/red/black) should be brewed at different temperatures.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2852 posts
1992 upvotes
Kettles never seem to last for me. In for one even though my kettle is working now.

Always wanted to try the gooseneck kettle hype to see what it is all about. And at this price, why not.
Feb 28, 2021
4 posts
It is high above the max line of the water, so water will not come in contact with it, but it is in there with the steam.
Mar 18, 2015
22 posts
13 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Pratzy wrote: Great deal and lowest price seen on a high quality kettle that usually costs $60, I've been waiting a year for these to go on sale again after I bought one last summer - still works great and looks nicer than some of the cheaper quality ones that cost ~$25-30.
Thank you OP! Got one for my parents who are seniors and most definitely need auto shut off!!
Sep 23, 2007
234 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
newt_101 wrote: Is there a benefit to the 3x priced (Costco clearance-priced) Fellow Stagg EKG gooseneck pour over kettle other than temperature setting and style over this one?
Not just the variable temperature control (for coffee and tea both, depending on how much of a connoisseur you are), but the Stegg will also keep the water at that temperature for a while. Then again, I have a Black and Decker variable temp kettle that I bought on sale 4 years ago for $30 that does variable temp and keeps water at the desired temp for 10min, so after those considerations it really falls to style.

That all said, I bought my friend the Stegg as a housewarming gift and they absolutely love it. I think it's a great gift, but not something I'd get myself when the functionality can be had for so much less.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1302 posts
1999 upvotes
Any plastic inside, like the one to show water mark? Been looking for an all SS kettle without those.
Oct 20, 2014
258 posts
152 upvotes
Trenton, on
aintic wrote: Any plastic inside, like the one to show water mark? Been looking for an all SS kettle without those.
There is some plastic at the top part, steam will get there, so will max water level. Condensation will eventually drip down, but this was the only one I could find.

The base seems to have some sort of gel/silicone like seal, chemicals may leak into water from there too.
Last edited by neatooo on Mar 3rd, 2021 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 15, 2007
66 posts
4 upvotes
I'm not seeing the sale price... its $59 now?
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1115 posts
734 upvotes
Montreal
Sold out... Walmart only option at this point.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)