• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2019 10:13 am
[OP]
Dec 10, 2014
230 posts
101 upvotes
BC

[Amazon Canada] HOT KING MATTRESS $279 AMAZON

If anyone else is looking for a king size bed, this is the one u neeeed. I've been waiting for it to go on sale to purchase a 2nd one and it's finally on a huge sale!!! I think it's the lowest it's ever been. I instantly pulled the trigger.

https://www.amazon.ca/Zinus-Gel-Infused ... way&sr=8-7

*CAUTION* Thanks to some of the posters below, it's from a 3rd party in china that will be sending the item, not amazon. However, zinus mattresses are made from China so I feel like they're just doing some sort of clearance. Purchase with caution!
Amazon live chat assured me if there is any problems with the order they will assist to make sure neither the buyer or seller get abused etc.
Last edited by cjstk90 on Mar 22nd, 2019 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
36 replies
Jul 13, 2015
139 posts
98 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
is it on sale because the mattress is made out of vegetables or what?
Oct 5, 2014
363 posts
649 upvotes
Ontario
Ships from China, all 13 reviews on the seller look fishy. Look at the 3 low priced sellers. All new sellers with low reviews shipping from China. Doubt you'll see this mattress.

The one that actually ships from Amazon is $447.
Last edited by qbarnes95 on Mar 22nd, 2019 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1873 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
Odd, all the other sizes are sold and shipped by Amazon but this particular size has 3 third party sellers cheaper than Amazon.

Let me know when you get the mattress and if it actually is what is pictured.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1076 posts
753 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
JoeStale wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:40 am
Odd, all the other sizes are sold and shipped by Amazon but this particular size has 3 third party sellers cheaper than Amazon.

Let me know when you get the mattress and if it actually is what is pictured.
More than likely its a price error. Order will probably get cancelled, but we'll see.
Jan 30, 2010
663 posts
305 upvotes
North Battleford
Don't waste your time with a suspicious 3rd party seller with a rating of only 13.
[OP]
Dec 10, 2014
230 posts
101 upvotes
BC
wow good catch guys, i'll update once it shows up.
I dont think it's a price error cuz other china 3rd party has them listed for 289. Either they're trying to bait me into a scam or they're genuinely trying to clear out some of these stuff.
Anyway I've contacted amazon via live chat to leave record, if there will be any issues to get a full refund if it's scam or fake etc. I'll have my current one to compare it to.
Last edited by cjstk90 on Mar 22nd, 2019 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
1852 posts
1051 upvotes
qbarnes95 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:36 am
Ships from China, all 13 reviews on the seller look fishy. Look at the 3 low priced sellers. All new sellers with low reviews shipping from China. Doubt you'll see this mattress.

The one that actually ships from Amazon is $447.
Because who would want to cut up their brand new mattress to see if it's really what the material says it is inside. It could be a made of old Chinese newspapers and apple cores.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1873 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
cjstk90 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:56 am
wow good catch guys, i'll update once it shows up.
I dont think it's a price error cuz other china 3rd party has them listed for 289. Either they're trying to bait me into a scam or they're genuinely trying to clear out some of these stuff.
Anyway I've contacted amazon via live chat to leave record, if there will be any issues to get a full refund if it's scam or fake etc. I'll have my current one to compare it to.
You should order an endoscope to inspect it with:

TAOPE Waterproof Flexible Wireless Endoscope WiFi Borescope Inspection Camera 2.0 Megapixels for Android and iOS Smartphone, iPhone, Samsung, iPad (3M) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B075RZ24P5
Mar 26, 2018
33 posts
101 upvotes
I have one of these Zinus mattresses. very comfy and medium-hard firmness
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
6893 posts
36254 upvotes
Allen84 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 1:01 am
Because who would want to cut up their brand new mattress to see if it's really what the material says it is inside. It could be a made of old Chinese newspapers and apple cores.
There was a video on Youtube regarding about Canada Goose jackets sold on Taobao. They get it from dead bodies. clean it. then sell it at 50% off regular price.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1873 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
Thatdealguy wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 2:02 am
There was a video on Youtube regarding about Canada Goose jackets sold on Taobao. They get it from dead bodies. clean it. then sell it at 50% off regular price.
So they are just refurbished? Lots of stores do that.

And just how many people die in Canada Goose jackets for that to be a thing? Are people getting buried at funerals in down jackets?
May 8, 2013
248 posts
219 upvotes
London
Good luck with that. U won't even be able to put it back in the box to return it, let alone cover the cost of tracked shipping to China.

They can send u some used stained up mattress and screw you good. Amazon may or may not step in for third party stuff like this...

I wouldn't even risk it, but I wish u the best.
Images
  • upload.png
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
3032 posts
2404 upvotes
A lot of unbelievable, frankly racist crap being posted here.

BTW, Amazon ALWAYS steps in when the 3rd party sale goes sour.

Seller is ALWAYS responsible for return cost shipping in ADVANCE.

As for the post above me, Amazon is full of expired rules and regulations. For years 3rd party sellers are required to provide prepaid labels and have a Canadian return address if they sell on Amazon Canada. The same goes for any other marketplace they choose to sell. If they don't they are fully expected to refund without a return.

There is absolutely no risk buying this mattress.