Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Hot Lavazza Espresso Gran Crema Beans, 1KG $13.99 FS after 3

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2021 7:02 am
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 29, 2008
64 posts
31 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC

[Amazon.ca] Hot Lavazza Espresso Gran Crema Beans, 1KG $13.99 FS after 3

3rd party seller Italy Best Coffee
Usually this is 25.00 per 1KG bag
shipping is from the United States
If you buy 1 bag the shipping is $11.00 but I tried to see what happened when I bought multiples (assuming the shipping would stay the same) and when I added 3 bags, the shipping was free. Of course I bought 5 bags.

Shipping estimate is reasonable at June 22-July 6.
7 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
2739 posts
2402 upvotes
Montreal, QC
slam007 wrote: 3rd party seller Italy Best Coffee
Usually this is 25.00 per 1KG bag
shipping is from the United States
If you buy 1 bag the shipping is $11.00 but I tried to see what happened when I bought multiples (assuming the shipping would stay the same) and when I added 3 bags, the shipping was free. Of course I bought 5 bags.

Shipping estimate is reasonable at June 22-July 6.
Hope you go through a lot of coffee for buying 5Kg.
And worst part, is you have NO clue on how old the bags are already. And not being fulfilled by amazon at least returns won't be easy if they are old.


Not a fan of Lavazza bean myself, but that is personal taste.

Good Luck with them. Hope it works out for you.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2113 posts
1315 upvotes
Kitchener
Emporium wrote: Hope you go through a lot of coffee for buying 5Kg.
And worst part, is you have NO clue on how old the bags are already. And not being fulfilled by amazon at least returns won't be easy if they are old.


Not a fan of Lavazza bean myself, but that is personal taste.

Good Luck with them. Hope it works out for you.
Good points.

You mentioned you are not a fan of Lavazza, may I know what brand you like?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
2739 posts
2402 upvotes
Montreal, QC
keyser-soze wrote: Good points.

You mentioned you are not a fan of Lavazza, may I know what brand you like?
Lately I've been enjoying different blends from a small local (montreal) coffee roasting company. Far from being cheap, but amazing quality,
In the past I used to order a few different blends from Goldstar coffee in North York, and for the most part, I was pretty happy with most of them.

For Decaf (I always keep some around) I often order this one from amazon. Great price, great taste, and pretty much always fresh. It goes out of stock often (which is a good sign) and when it comes back in stock, it is a new fresh batch. This one is a light roast, but they do also have a medium dark roast (for those who prefer). The low acidity is what attracted me to try it, and I did not regret it. Hard to tell it is decaf.
Friend recently ran out of decaf, and amazon was out of our usual (above) so he decided to get a bag of this stuff. He seemed to like it, but I have not tried it yet. Maybe my next bag.

In the beginning when costco started carrying the william spartivento coffees, they had a few blends that were not too bad. For the price they were pretty decent. But lately I have not been too impressed with a few bags I've purchased. I usually try to go when they have one of their road events at a local costco, since they bring varieties that they typically don't always carry at costco. However last few round I was not impressed. Something has changed, but I just can't figure out what.

Whenever I run out, I usually just pick up some beans from local roasters. Many of the nut roasting shops in the area, also roast their own blends of coffee. Fair priced, always fresh (sometimes too fresh) and always in stock, so no need to stock up.

And hop into our little italy area of montreal (which I drive through at least 2 or 3 times a month) and you have many large and small roasters. Something like Cafe Union, you can't go wrong ;) And I had no idea that they also have a satellite store less than 10 minutes from my home (I'll probably try the local shop next time and avoid the chaos/trafic in their main location).
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 17, 2003
7412 posts
492 upvotes
Port Moody
Emporium wrote: Lately I've been enjoying different blends from a small local (montreal) coffee roasting company. Far from being cheap, but amazing quality,
In the past I used to order a few different blends from Goldstar coffee in North York, and for the most part, I was pretty happy with most of them.

For Decaf (I always keep some around) I often order this one from amazon. Great price, great taste, and pretty much always fresh. It goes out of stock often (which is a good sign) and when it comes back in stock, it is a new fresh batch. This one is a light roast, but they do also have a medium dark roast (for those who prefer). The low acidity is what attracted me to try it, and I did not regret it. Hard to tell it is decaf.
Friend recently ran out of decaf, and amazon was out of our usual (above) so he decided to get a bag of this stuff. He seemed to like it, but I have not tried it yet. Maybe my next bag.

In the beginning when costco started carrying the william spartivento coffees, they had a few blends that were not too bad. For the price they were pretty decent. But lately I have not been too impressed with a few bags I've purchased. I usually try to go when they have one of their road events at a local costco, since they bring varieties that they typically don't always carry at costco. However last few round I was not impressed. Something has changed, but I just can't figure out what.

Whenever I run out, I usually just pick up some beans from local roasters. Many of the nut roasting shops in the area, also roast their own blends of coffee. Fair priced, always fresh (sometimes too fresh) and always in stock, so no need to stock up.

And hop into our little italy area of montreal (which I drive through at least 2 or 3 times a month) and you have many large and small roasters. Something like Cafe Union, you can't go wrong ;) And I had no idea that they also have a satellite store less than 10 minutes from my home (I'll probably try the local shop next time and avoid the chaos/trafic in their main location).
What is the decaf blend name you purchased from Amazon?

I just bought the Gran Crema for our super automatic, excellent love it and was real fresh. No complaints at all about it and I paid $25 shipped, was not too concerned about the price, I find it to be well worth it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
2739 posts
2402 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Click on the link in my post :)

Just in case, Don Pablo Colombian Decaf Light Roast but if you prefer darker roast, they also have Don Pablo Colombian Decaf - Medium-Dark Roast :)

Taste in coffee, is very subjective.

I have not tried the Grand Crema, but other lavazza bags I've bought in the past were "ok" at best. However when I was in Wiesbaden Germany many years back, and walked into a Lavazza coffee shop, now that was great coffee (or at least I thought at the time - maybe because you could not get a decent cup of coffee anywhere else and after 2 months, I just needed a decent cup).

Image
Jr. Member
Nov 15, 2010
115 posts
39 upvotes
Thanks Op. Ordered 3. Never tried this one but I'm a fan of super crema. Hopefully we get some reasonable roasting dates.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3307 posts
1862 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Anyone in Burnaby want 1-2 bag? Face With Tears Of Joy

Top