Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Hot!!! Lightning deal 229.49 15L AstroAI Portable Freezer 12 Volt Car Refrigerator

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2021 9:01 pm
[OP]
Mar 22, 2010
69 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon.ca] Hot!!! Lightning deal 229.49 15L AstroAI Portable Freezer 12 Volt Car Refrigerator

Price at 229.49 with tax in. Was watching this car freezer for a while, lowest price so far. Grabbed one for summer camping trip. About 80% claimed and couple hours left, so act quick if you need one.
Last edited by xzhvirus on Apr 13th, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1266 posts
1938 upvotes
Vancouver
And if you don't have a dual battery system, have fun not being able to start your car
[OP]
Mar 22, 2010
69 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
danascully wrote: And if you don't have a dual battery system, have fun not being able to start your car
It has battery protection setting, should not be a problem.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1266 posts
1938 upvotes
Vancouver
xzhvirus wrote: It has battery protection setting, should not be a problem.
No way in hell i'm trusting that when i'm miles from civilization in the back country
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3872 posts
21610 upvotes
100% Claimed - looks like if you want in on the deal you have to join the waitlist.

Might be cheaper to just buy it direct from AliExpress.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2684 posts
1712 upvotes
montreal
I love how they pack the steaks, salmon, cherries and avocado, all together, all coming out of the cooler, without being able to close the lid.
You're gonna drain the battery.
And if there is a "battery protection", then you would loose your food.

These type of cooler are only good, while you travel and have the motor running.
If you want to use a cooler while camping, and don't have a power source, then you need a good ol' cooler with ice.
[OP]
Mar 22, 2010
69 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
AstonM wrote: Why wouldn't you just get a Coleman or something similar for less money? https://www.amazon.ca/Coleman-Quart-Pow ... B0083F8YZC

Heck, for this price you could get the Yeti that was on sale recently (not powered but extremely well rated)

I've never heard of this brand.
I need -20c and it is for my trailer. I have a big cooler and this is the second unit for frozen food.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4515 posts
1433 upvotes
danascully wrote: And if you don't have a dual battery system, have fun not being able to start your car
Cold beer is more important than starting the car. j/k

Someone parked my car accidentally with the seat warmer on for shorter than an hour. The car won't start. She won't make this mistake again.
signature closed for renovation
Feb 27, 2013
77 posts
98 upvotes
Québec
Missed this because of work,

I can think of many reasons to get this unit.

People who go camping or are far away from civilization would probably have already considered separate power sources, such as a solar panel and battery system such as lifepo4.

Definitely do not want to use lead acid if you can avoid it.

The pictures show a compressor, so this would be a proper fridge, unlike other peltier based models which don't cookd as well.

It comes with the 110v adapter and has 12v/24v capability, which means it is great for rv/solar/boat applications as well as gome/chalet.

My friend has a unit like this on a boat and it runs fine 24/7 off a 24v system and 40w solar panel.

If you wish to run this in the car, battery isolator and a dual battery system should be looked into.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9725 posts
2380 upvotes
Montreal
AstonM wrote: Why wouldn't you just get a Coleman or something similar for less money? https://www.amazon.ca/Coleman-Quart-Pow ... B0083F8YZC

Heck, for this price you could get the Yeti that was on sale recently (not powered but extremely well rated)

I've never heard of this brand.
This can be a freezer, that Coleman is only a fridge.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1266 posts
1938 upvotes
Vancouver
superbigjay wrote: I love how they pack the steaks, salmon, cherries and avocado, all together, all coming out of the cooler, without being able to close the lid.
You're gonna drain the battery.
And if there is a "battery protection", then you would loose your food.

These type of cooler are only good, while you travel and have the motor running.
If you want to use a cooler while camping, and don't have a power source, then you need a good ol' cooler with ice.
Its lose

Exactly why I said you need dual battery, unless you plan on running the engine periodically to keep the temperature at 2-3 deg for perishable foods
Oct 15, 2013
344 posts
337 upvotes
Do you have a link? I can't find it.
markopas wrote:

Might be cheaper to just buy it direct from AliExpress.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3872 posts
21610 upvotes
Episode666 wrote: Do you have a link? I can't find it.
I saw a few things (not same brand but most likely rebranded).
Oct 15, 2013
344 posts
337 upvotes
markopas wrote: I saw a few things (not same brand but most likely rebranded).
Same, but all were around or over 100$ in shipping alone. Thanks!