Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] HOT (literally) Instant Pot Omni Plus Air Fryer Toaster Oven, 26L, $206.82

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2020 9:00 am
[OP]
Jul 12, 2005
840 posts
176 upvotes
Kelowna

[Amazon.ca] HOT (literally) Instant Pot Omni Plus Air Fryer Toaster Oven, 26L, $206.82

*Edit 1 for price reduction.
*Edit 2 for price reduction

Seems like a hot deal to me. The next one down is nearly $250.00. And MSRP is quite a bit higher. Not many this big for this price from my research. Great reviews and tons of functions.

Last edited by KingCreole on Jun 9th, 2020 7:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
128 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2899 posts
888 upvotes
Ottawa
What exactly is this good for? Anyone use one?
I had a Philips and sold it. We don't buy fries and other premade foods.
Jun 18, 2016
312 posts
922 upvotes
shylok wrote: What exactly is this good for? Anyone use one?
I had a Philips and sold it. We don't buy fries and other premade foods.
Do you cook? This is for people who cook. Put uncooked food in, get cooked food out.
Jan 22, 2018
141 posts
145 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote: Do you cook? This is for people who cook. Put uncooked food in, get cooked food out.
He doesn't buy premade food apparently, I guess he'll starve to death if he doesn't cook either :P
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2839 posts
3374 upvotes
What exactly is this good for? Anyone use one?
I'm looking to connect to the internet wirelessly. Will this work?
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Jun 10, 2017
513 posts
730 upvotes
NavieM wrote: What exactly is this good for? Anyone use one?
I'm looking to connect to the internet wirelessly. Will this work?
It's good for heating things. One time, in band camp, I used one to heat an apple pie. It was so good.
Jan 25, 2011
126 posts
25 upvotes
No, you will need a wifi router to connect to the internet wirelessly.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2839 posts
3374 upvotes
GenericMember wrote: It's good for heating things. One time, in band camp, I used one to heat an apple pie. It was so good.
You didn't say whether or not you actually ate that pie
thats pretty suspect
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Jun 22, 2009
72 posts
37 upvotes
inst this similar to toster, cooks lot faster without need for pre-heat...
will be looking into this lol..
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3288 posts
1591 upvotes
Toronto
What the?!? Chicken Rotisserie?
I'm definitely intrigued.

I purchased the Chefman Air Fryer Toaster from Costco Online less than a year ago, and have found it's air frying capabilities very underwhelming (compared to my Power Air Fryer XL Pod).

Might consider returning the Chefman, and snag this, should it actually work well.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8012 posts
4270 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting, didn't know instant pot made toaster ovens.
Mar 18, 2008
423 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
An air fryer is an appliance that uses air to fry your food, some products achieve the same or similar results to actually frying food with oil. Reviews say that this product does exactly that.

Do I personally believe that? No.
Have I actually used one? No.

4.5 star reviews out of 1000. That should mean something.

If I had more counter space, I would try it out, but kitchen counter real estate is too scarce.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2899 posts
888 upvotes
Ottawa
MooseV2 wrote: Do you cook? This is for people who cook. Put uncooked food in, get cooked food out.
The vast majority of the recipes and food people raved about was crap foods.. Frozen egg rolls. Pre-cooked Wings. Frozen fries.. Frozen chicken tenders etc.

We made fresh chicken tenders and it took so ridiculously long, and the finished product was horrid.. Similar experience with a few other things. For fresh foods or healthy foods.. It was useless.

So.. I'm wondering if this is good for anything other than ramen and French fry level foods.. Do you have experience with real fresh reasonably healthy food in a cooker like this..

Or did you just want to be utterly useless in another forthcoming reply?
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3288 posts
1591 upvotes
Toronto
typhooney wrote: An air fryer is an appliance that uses air to fry your food, some products achieve the same or similar results to actually frying food with oil. Reviews say that this product does exactly that.

Do I personally believe that? No.
Have I actually used one? No.

4.5 star reviews out of 1000. That should mean something.

If I had more counter space, I would try it out, but kitchen counter real estate is too scarce.
I was skeptical at first (as was everyone from my family), but my Power Air Fryer XL converted everyone.
I would say we use it less for cooking, but it is the go to device for reheating any food which you prefer having crunchy over soggy, within a condensed amount of time. The only drawback is the basket design, which makes certain foods (mini pita bread pizzas) hard to remove.

Was hoping the Chefman Air Fryer toaster oven would resolve this. It does, but it takes like double/triple the time to achieve the results of my XL, which is why I will likely return it (Costco). If I can find a toaster oven style air fryer that can achieve a similar heatblast like the XL, I will snag it.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19706 posts
4913 upvotes
Off the 404
Anyone know where the exhaust vent is located? Sides? Rear?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)