Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Hot? Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 23 WAVEKNIT Running Shoe - White/Black ($79)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2020 11:25 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 11, 2007
362 posts
236 upvotes
Markham

[Amazon.ca] Hot? Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 23 WAVEKNIT Running Shoe - White/Black ($79)

Sale is on white/black color. I’ve heard good things about the Mizuno Wave Riders. Having said that, I know very little about running shoes. Can anyone confirm if this is a good deal?
Last edited by narmak on Nov 9th, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 replies
Apr 11, 2020
210 posts
361 upvotes
Never heard of these, but I've been looking for a new pair for light running and alot of walking. Reviews look very good on amazon and on running shoe review websites. The price looks right also, a good deal, and confirmed this price is only in white/black for my size range, but not in wide which I normally like. Grabbed 8.5 and 9, I'll see if one or both fit me well, maybe keep both maybe neither. TU for the post, hope these work out.
Oct 14, 2015
379 posts
403 upvotes
Halifax, NS
narmak wrote: Sale is on white/black color. I’ve heard good things about the Mizuno Wave Riders. Having said that, I don’t know very little about running shoes. Can anyone confirm if this is a good deal?
Just my 2 cents;
As a runner, I done lots of Marathons. I've tried them all. I prefer Asics (gel nimbus) or Saucony to complete training cycles IMO they are durable.
I found Mizuno "feel" light and offer good spring ... but they didn't last more than a few 100K's before they felt dead & flat.
Given there higher tier price point, I've trained on the others and broke in a new pair of Mizuno's.
I noticed no better results ... sure I felt faster but that has more to do with the new-shoe infatuation.

Sorry to ramble ... Yes they are good shoes but short on mileage.
FYI - 81kg, 54 yrs old, run 4:50 pace.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1491 posts
1626 upvotes
Assuming this is a China brand? Colour : Bok Choy lol

How's the quality of these?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2085 posts
1884 upvotes
Toronto
bigdukesixer wrote:
Just my 2 cents;
As a runner, I done lots of Marathons. I've tried them all. I prefer Asics (gel nimbus) or Saucony to complete training cycles IMO they are durable.
I found Mizuno "feel" light and offer good spring ... but they didn't last more than a few 100K's before they felt dead & flat.
Given there higher tier price point, I've trained on the others and broke in a new pair of Mizuno's.
I noticed no better results ... sure I felt faster but that has more to do with the new-shoe infatuation.

You probably know it better than I (and most of us here) but the wave rider isn't quite the peer of Asics nimbus, would be compared to Asics cumulus instead.

Wave creation would be bit compared to nimbus.

Also (again, not trying to lecture anyone) but expect a 100k on any running shoe is a bit too much, no? Most of sites and magazines recommend to change in about 500 to 700k (on a 30-40k/weekly). Maybe not quite the reality for marathons but I don't think those models are particularly aimed for that.
simplypop wrote: Assuming this is a China brand? Colour : Bok Choy lol

How's the quality of these?

Mizuno is a major powerhouse of sportswear in Japan. They're absolutely big in volleyball and baseball (in Japan at least), but fairly big in running, I didn't know they werent as famous as asics here.

I'm not a big fan of their models because of my weight, I think I've adapt better to some asics, NB, brooks and saucony.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1389 posts
326 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bigdukesixer wrote: Just my 2 cents;

What you said give me hope that I "can" still do Marathons as I am a few yrs younger.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2010
3038 posts
344 upvotes
bigdukesixer wrote: Just my 2 cents;

This is OT, but have you tried Nike Zoom Fly 3 or Vaporflys? I used to run with Mizunos, but found they wouldn't hold up on longer runs and started hurting my knees (they only had maybe 150kms at the time).

I switched first to Zoom Fly 3, and they were a remarkable improvement. Long distance runs were a breeze. After that, I got curious (as the ZF3 got harder to find) and snapped up a pair of Vaporfly Next%...another level of running.

Though I'm not nearly as quick as you are, as my pace is around 6:50. I have about 200kms on each of my current pairs of ZF3 and my Vaporflys and they feel like brand new still. The plasticky (sp?) fabric on the ZF3 was pretty tough in the beginning though and would cut into the back of my heel, but that softened up after about 100kms.