Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

HOT!!! OB-85 CAP Barbell Olympic 2" ECO Chrome Bar, 7-Feet $60 (Prime Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2018 10:36 am
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2397 posts
2724 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] HOT!!! OB-85 CAP Barbell Olympic 2" ECO Chrome Bar, 7-Feet $60 (Prime Only)

Looks like a good deal for an Olympic Bar. It's only 36-37lbs (as compare to the regular 45lbs you use in the gym) but for the price it is a great deal and the reviews are not too bad (4 Stars).

Lowest price ever. it is possibly an price error since both the 5ft and 6ft bar are also the same price.

as per SkiLLz Walmart has the same price too Link

PS: PRIME ONLY
Last edited by fluidmax on Sep 30th, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
What a shipping nightmare for Amazon, both weight and size... not going to be cheap for them at all!
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2397 posts
2724 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: What a shipping nightmare for Amazon, both weight and size... not going to be cheap for them at all!
Indeed, which is why this is a hot deal for us Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Dec 7, 2013
906 posts
890 upvotes
Quebec
The bar is 36lbs because the handle is thinner. Those are meant to be used by women.

I know they give me the stink eye when I use it in the gym since I find it has a better grip than the 45 lbs ones (despite my large hands)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
That's a really good price. I always thought Olympic bars of various lengths had to be standard weights in order to be classified as "Olympic". So a 7' bar will always be 45lbs.
Anyway, compare at 149 at the Treadmill Factory which lists the bar at 45lbs. I'm pretty sure the 36lbs spec is a typo.

Also 45lb bar makes it much easier to calculate total weights. 135,225,315, etc.
Jul 30, 2011
59 posts
68 upvotes
I've seen the ob-86 recommended often as a good entry level bar, but at now more than half the price how does this ob-85 compare
Nov 22, 2009
981 posts
1445 upvotes
Toronto
razorskub wrote: I've seen the ob-86 recommended often as a good entry level bar, but at now more than half the price how does this ob-85 compare
If you just want a barbell, the 85 will be fine. If you want something a little more niche, the OB-86 is the only bar I recommend under $400.
Feb 16, 2017
68 posts
20 upvotes
man as someone who wants to get into squats, deadlifts cleans. weight lifting is very expensive to get into. :( seriously considering this.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1919 posts
562 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks - ordered from Walmart in case there's issue with it. Easier returns than Amazon.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
behyndman wrote: man as someone who wants to get into squats, deadlifts cleans. weight lifting is very expensive to get into. :( seriously considering this.
Agreed. Wait till you price out a basic set of plates - 2x45, 2x35, 2x25, 2x10, maybe a couple of 5s. Then, you'll have to think about dumbells. And switching weights between barbell and dumbells is a real pain so you'll be really wishing for complete set, or one of those quick change ones. I think it's difficult to have a comprehensive weight set up for under 500.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
DiceMan wrote: Agreed. Wait till you price out a basic set of plates - 2x45, 2x35, 2x25, 2x10, maybe a couple of 5s. Then, you'll have to think about dumbells. And switching weights between barbell and dumbells is a real pain so you'll be really wishing for complete set, or one of those quick change ones. I think it's difficult to have a comprehensive weight set up for under 500.
prolly a lot cheaper if u don't mind used from KJ, cL etc
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Nov 29, 2003
395 posts
171 upvotes
North York
behyndman wrote: man as someone who wants to get into squats, deadlifts cleans. weight lifting is very expensive to get into. :( seriously considering this.
If you're "wanting to get into" it, perhaps you should join a local gym. At least there you can cut and run only 4 months in.

Just look on Kijiji for used gym equipment if you want to see all the other people who 'wanted to get into it'.
Jan 13, 2013
940 posts
691 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't know what it's like across Canada, but here weight equipment resales used for about the same price as new. Buying used you basically just save the taxes. If you buy new and aren't using them as much as you'd thought, selling them at the loss of tax isn't bad compared to a gym membership.

Having said that, if you want good quality equipment at decent prices, I recommend Bells Of Steel. They're in Calgary and the owner is a real hands-on, reasonable guy with great customer service. I bought a squat rack and power bar and I couldn't be happier with the quality.
Feb 16, 2017
68 posts
20 upvotes
yeah i have a gym membership at a martial arts gym i just wanted the freedom and was more surprised then anything how much the initial investment is to get some basic weights.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2784 posts
993 upvotes
Winnipeg
I would have been all over this if it was a standard Olympic barbell.

I hate how the skinny bar feels and that it doesn't weigh 45lbs.

Looks like the barbell listed from Walmart is the skinny bar as well.

Thanks anyway OP!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7812 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
Elessar wrote: If you're "wanting to get into" it, perhaps you should join a local gym. At least there you can cut and run only 4 months in.

Just look on Kijiji for used gym equipment if you want to see all the other people who 'wanted to get into it'.
Haha, so apt. I stopped with my home gym as we have one at work, but my weights are still getting used weighing down my barbecue in the backyard.