Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] HOT - RavPower Charge Station w/ PD - $49.99 (76% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2021 10:24 am
[OP]
Oct 25, 2020
5 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] HOT - RavPower Charge Station w/ PD - $49.99 (76% off)

First post here - came across this charger while shopping for Anker products after the deal this morning for the power bank and charge station went OOS.
Originally sells for $211 and according to CCC this is lowest price recorded.

AHP
11 replies
Feb 7, 2018
121 posts
375 upvotes
There is no way this thing is $211.82 MSRP.

Based on Keppa, this charger is mostly selling for $59.99
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4863 posts
2037 upvotes
Winnipeg
The camel tells me this is the lowest price it's been but it regularly goes on for $60.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Jun 9, 2019
412 posts
486 upvotes
What a weird item. First, it's usually been $60 since about January. Second, what's the use case for this with that original MSRP? There are way cheaper ways to get PD to a laptop than $200. I've seen more powerful ones that, can hit 90W PD for at least half the MSRP.

At this price its decent I suppose. You get multiple powered USB ports, but it doesn't ALSO happen to function as a powered USB hub. Now that would be a cool tool potentially worth $200 to the right person.

Edit: sure enough here is one example and here's another. Key thing to look for is a USB hub with pass-through charging.
Last edited by Oomani on Apr 13th, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4863 posts
2037 upvotes
Winnipeg
mindabsence wrote: 45W vs 65W PD might be a deal breaker for some depending on what they want to charge.
And, two USB-C ports vs one. Depends on your needs.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Jul 28, 2009
115 posts
122 upvotes
Surrey
the problem is :
2 USB-C ports + 1 USB-A port: USB-C - PD 18W; USB-C - PD 18W; USB-A - QC 18W

ie, if you charge a macbook air + iphone. the macbook won't charge (not enough voltage)
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4953 posts
374 upvotes
hee jae shin wrote: This one is better deal:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B082KL ... UTF8&psc=1

$44.99 after applying $10 off coupon
Btw, lowest price was $38.49
good find. but it's not "better" ... but "better" depending on your needs or what you value more.

ravpower is just 5 bucks plus taxes more
has 2 usbc ports which is a deal maker for many people
has a certain form factor

anker is a slimmer form factor
only has 1 usbc
but is 5 bucks plus taxes cheaper

for me, the 2 usb c makes it an easier choice. But I won't judge those who want to save a little bit of money and can only realistically use 1 usb c port at a time
He .... looka lika MAN!
I tell you every ting!
----------------------------------------------------
If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Nov 7, 2011
692 posts
605 upvotes
British Columbia
I just want to add. I've purchased 3 of these now. I paid 75 the first time because the price kept changing and I thought maybe the lower price was to get people talking about the item or something like that. Paid 49 for the second and 44 warehouse deal for the third. Regardless of the 211 fake MSRP. These are the bomb and were out of stock for several weeks. For 49 bucks they are amazing. They are literally so small and powerfully. Yeah, maybe they won't fully charge your MBP 15 with a 12.9 iPad pro and two phones, but to have a single charger in my bag taking up no space that can charge my laptop and then all my accessories this is a must have. Total space saver. And it looks nice. Just imho. I used to only want chargers that fit right into the power outlet, but this one changed my view. It's super convenient having it on my desk. It's 49 again now and I'm guessing that's the real price. I would buy it if you are a human in 2021.