Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Hot Save up to 45% on select Garmin Drive Navigation Devices - deal of day

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 8:07 am
[OP]
Feb 15, 2013
736 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Hot Save up to 45% on select Garmin Drive Navigation Devices - deal of day

Deal Link:
Good discounts on Gramin GPS. I think it is for Prime member but you can check if it works.

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=gbps_tit_s- ... 56CD9PXRXH

Garmin DriveSmart 60 6-Inch GPS Navigation System with Smart Notifications and Lifetime North America Maps
https://www.amazon.ca/Garmin-DriveSmart ... 026&sr=1-1

Garmin Drive 60 6-Inch GPS Navigation System with Traffic and Lifetime Canada and USA Maps
https://www.amazon.ca/Garmin-6-Inch-Nav ... 026&sr=1-2

https://www.amazon.ca/Garmin-5-Inch-Nav ... 026&sr=1-3
Garmin Drive 50LMT 5-Inch GPS Navigation System with Traffic and Lifetime Canada and USA Maps

It shows deal ends in 5+ hours.

Do not forget Ebates :)
13 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21538 posts
156534 upvotes
GTA
Nice discounts, but I am just wondering how many people still use dedicated GPS devices anymore with the plethora of apps (both free and paid) available on smartphones?
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1428 posts
1145 upvotes
toguy wrote: Nice discounts, but I am just wondering how many people still use dedicated GPS devices anymore with the plethora of apps (both free and paid) available on smartphones?
I travel the world and bring mine everywhere. Way to expensive to use a phone for navigation in foreign countries.
Apr 23, 2013
586 posts
233 upvotes
toguy wrote: Nice discounts, but I am just wondering how many people still use dedicated GPS devices anymore with the plethora of apps (both free and paid) available on smartphones?
Garmin +1 here.
Don't see benefits of using phone maps, yet...
Be nice to people k?

Go Zoomers~~~~
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8314 posts
4576 upvotes
ON
Not everyone has data plans and not always in network coverage area when driving out of province not to mention roaming fees.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21538 posts
156534 upvotes
GTA
slayerwulf wrote: I travel the world and bring mine everywhere. Way to expensive to use a phone for navigation in foreign countries.
EdwardGamma wrote: Garmin +1 here.
Don't see benefits of using phone maps, yet...
dilligafeh wrote: Not everyone has data plans and not always in network coverage area when driving out of province not to mention roaming fees.
Totally understood with respect to the costs involved with roaming on a data plan, but I was actually referring to using offline maps, whether downloading Google Maps ahead of time, or using other offline apps.
[OP]
Feb 15, 2013
736 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
I use it for sure..
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
4306 posts
3278 upvotes
Ottawa
toguy wrote: Totally understood with respect to the costs involved with roaming on a data plan, but I was actually referring to using offline maps, whether downloading Google Maps ahead of time, or using other offline apps.
Yeah sounds like people aren't aware there are offline options.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8314 posts
4576 upvotes
ON
toguy wrote: Totally understood with respect to the costs involved with roaming on a data plan, but I was actually referring to using offline maps, whether downloading Google Maps ahead of time, or using other offline apps.
Oh I see. I usually use the traffic features and sometimes construction notices that could help your commute . You don't get those with offline maps. Also knowing where you are in real time and how long until your turn especially with tiny street signs, will help in avoiding sudden lane changes and other distractions while driving in unfamiliar places.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8314 posts
4576 upvotes
ON
Konowl wrote: Yeah sounds like people aren't aware there are offline options.
No different than the old mapbooks...why go back in time ?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
4306 posts
3278 upvotes
Ottawa
dilligafeh wrote: No different than the old mapbooks...why go back in time ?
.....huh? They are completely different? The offline options are on your phone. When I’m travelling and renting a car, I just bring a windshield mount for my phone. Surprised people still bring a gps with them.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33943 posts
19775 upvotes
Ottawa
Konowl wrote: .....huh? They are completely different? The offline options are on your phone. When I’m travelling and renting a car, I just bring a windshield mount for my phone. Surprised people still bring a gps with them.
I tried google maps off line, but couldn't search anything afterwards.
Nov 17, 2014
381 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Here maps is one of the best for offline navigation
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
4306 posts
3278 upvotes
Ottawa
timbertick wrote: Here maps is one of the best for offline navigation
Yeah that’s what I use!