Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] HOT: TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94 ANC TWS Bluetooth 5.1 Headphones [$69.99 after $20 coupon]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2020 1:33 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1133 posts
2281 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Amazon.ca] HOT: TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94 ANC TWS Bluetooth 5.1 Headphones [$69.99 after $20 coupon]

After the $20 coupon these turn out to be $69.99

Apparently, these have the ANC function - you need to activate the ANC mode by pressing and holding one of the touch buttons on them to get them going.

I've never used Taotronics, have always been an MPOW person, but was disappointed the ANC on the Mpow X3 and have been looking for a good but cheap ANC TWS pair for a while.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 20.47.08.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 20.50.56.png
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9288 posts
56596 upvotes
Ontario
exactly like soundbeats and the touch control is horrible. This maybe the same since they normally just buy generic products and slap their logos on it.

and the sound sucks.
Last edited by Thatdealguy on Sep 18th, 2020 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Friday & Cyber Monday are coming soon. That means there will be a lot of IMPOSTERS among us RFDMATES.
The IMPOSTERS will try to kill your wallet with their SHILL TACTICS. Report IMPOSTERS & win together RFDMATES
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9288 posts
56596 upvotes
Ontario
Sometimes they have multiple companies selling the same thing with a different logo.
Black Friday & Cyber Monday are coming soon. That means there will be a lot of IMPOSTERS among us RFDMATES.
The IMPOSTERS will try to kill your wallet with their SHILL TACTICS. Report IMPOSTERS & win together RFDMATES
Feb 15, 2011
108 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
For sound gears, go with brand name ones on sale. If you want budget noise blocking ways, go with noise isolating earphones.

Sony and Panasonic do make cheap earphones that sound ok. Go with those at least.

Added: I've tried Anker (praised and rated to be better than Tao), and they are painful to listen to.
If you're low budget, just go wired. For example: $35 Sony MDR-XB50AP/B will be at least x2 better than some random TWS earphones.
If this thing was $30, I wouldn't even have bothered to write this.
At $69, DO NOT get some random earphone.
Just get $69-99 wireless (ex: Jaybird Tarah), and you'll be happy enough.
Last edited by arestel on Sep 18th, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2494 posts
884 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I couldn't agree with you more. Stay away from these cheap Chinese branded headphones that uses low quality audio chips, poor software tuning and cheap hardware parts like battery and drivers that craps out in like 3 months. Some brand names in audio like Sennheiser, Sony, JBL, Samsung and Audio Technic have sales that if you pay a little more you're getting quality signature sound without having to break your bank.
arestel wrote: For sound gears, go with brand name ones on sale. If you want budget noise blocking ways, go with noise isolating earphones.

Sony and Panasonic do make cheap earphones that sound ok. Go with those at least.
[solicitation removed]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7722 posts
1603 upvotes
I got my hands on the TaoTronics SoundLiberty 79 and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and value on these earbuds. If I have never tried any of these before I would probably had made the same assumptions as some of the comments here. But I now no longer see the need and value to go with a name brand since I also own two generations of Galaxy Buds and in my opinion these TaoTronics sounds and work just as good if not better.

The kicker for me is these TaoTronics comes with a 60 days free shipping return, Priority Customer Support and 18 months warranty extension when you register (which is easy) so they have better coverage than even from Samsung. The 94 is likely going to be even better since it comes with ANC while it is only called AI noise reduction on the 79, but even on the 79 it works great and block a lot of noise around. I have yet to put them to the full battery test but so far most reviews had said they last and last for the full 8 hrs.

If it counts, I think they may be related to MPow & Rav Power, since their promos and deals always lined up exactly on FB & Twitter so at least the same team may be running the PR stuff. All 3 brands now I have tried and love.
Images
  • TBuds2.jpg
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1915 posts
1107 upvotes
Markham
I'm looking for headphones that can connect to PC and phone at the same time to used with, similar to Jabra or Plantronics..

Is there any models available that connects to two bluetooth devices at the same time?
-------
Thank you
Sep 20, 2012
121 posts
27 upvotes
Montreal
kunamvahees wrote: I'm looking for headphones that can connect to PC and phone at the same time to used with, similar to Jabra or Plantronics..

Is there any models available that connects to two bluetooth devices at the same time?
What you are looking for is a feature called Multipoint and it's pretty rare. There are a few listed in this article:

https://www.thebestearbuds.com/multipoi ... s-earbuds/
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1133 posts
2281 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
NixxonExxo wrote: I couldn't agree with you more. Stay away from these cheap Chinese branded headphones that uses low quality audio chips, poor software tuning and cheap hardware parts like battery and drivers that craps out in like 3 months. Some brand names in audio like Sennheiser, Sony, JBL, Samsung and Audio Technic have sales that if you pay a little more you're getting quality signature sound without having to break your bank.
I'm not too sure I agree with you.

I only bought these because I ripped the cable on the Mpow earphones I bought 4 years ago for $30 off Amazon last week and I know it's days are now pretty numbered.

Other than that those earphones were perfect.

I literally use them to stream music off Spotify at a slightly noisy gym and am not using them as in-ear monitors to mix/produce or master songs.

Why would I pay upwards of $150 for some major brand name if I can get a reliable pair of TWS headphones reasonable ANC functionality and sound for a fraction of the price?
Penalty Box
Jan 4, 2011
5209 posts
1961 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: Sometimes they have multiple companies selling the same thing with a different logo.
No way !!!!!!

It can't be....
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1133 posts
2281 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Coz4k wrote: No way !!!!!!

It can't be....
lol

It's only sometimes tho - no cause for alarm! Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2889 posts
3858 upvotes
BC
People are being too harsh with the downvotes. What sets these apart from the other soundpeats/mpow/dudios models regularly posted here is ANC

Curious how the ANC are on these. Like you, I tried the mpow X3 and found them pretty decent but you weren't happy with them.

Here's a review on them/variants, looks pretty decent:
https://www.scarbir.com/tws/tozo-nc9-20 ... onics%2094
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1133 posts
2281 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
peakingduck wrote: People are being too harsh with the downvotes. What sets these apart from the other soundpeats/mpow/dudios models regularly posted here is ANC

Curious how the ANC are on these. Like you, I tried the mpow X3 and found them pretty decent but you weren't happy with them.

Here's a review on them/variants, looks pretty decent:
https://www.scarbir.com/tws/tozo-nc9-20 ... onics%2094

I was mainly unhappy with the x3 because the ANC mics would pick up and amplify cross breeze to a deafening level while I walked outdoors. And it wasn’t because it was windy outside, it’s just while walking down the street.

Second issue was that they didn’t fit my left ear well, but that’s an issue pertinent to how my ear canal is shaped- no blame on the X3s there.

These Tao things sound pretty ok indoors and fit me better. We’ll put it to the test next week while I’m on one of my walkabouts downtown.